Unresponsive

Some guys send dic pics, I send memes:

Sorry for the tacky watermark. I understand if this post is removed, and my apology in advance. Thank you.

Comments

• @okinawasea8
    That's probably for the best.

• I don’t see the watermark

• I'm saying when a lady goes unresponsive in messaging, some guys send crudeness, I send funny.

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)
    edited July 2020

Unresponsiveness is a response.

It may not be an acceptable nor the expected response.

Maybe it's time we divest our minds of an expectation of being responded to. That way there is no ill feeling or disappointment.

However, channeling that disappointing feeling from nonresponsiveness into light-hearted memes that attempts to inject humor can be a constructive way to deal with a very normal human experience.

It can also be seen by a recipient as attention seeking behavior. Others might view it as an ice breaker of sorts that might spark an interest.

It's all a matter of perspective and personal taste.

• @Bles I don't expect a response but I do hope for a response. Sending a message on this site is akin to putting a message in a bottle and throwing it in the ocean.

• I think it would be funny to imagine what the response might be, and reply to that. The non-responding person would be very confused, and wonder if they had actually replied.
    Clint Eastwood does a good monologue in "The Eiger Sanction".

This is as good as greeting a stranger as a long-lost friend, so they rack their brains wondering who on earth you are.

• edited July 2020

I wish I were talked about in the forums every time I don't respond to somebody. That will sure learn them a thing or nine about ignoring folks. Dang women and their rights to choose

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

Silence is a great gift to be treasured. Whether it comes from unresponsiveness to messages sent or in person conversations. How you feel about it and or react to it says as much about you as it does the unresponsive or silent one.
    In these times it is far more emotionally and mentally constructive to one's mental and spiritual well-being to send messages without the desire for a response. Send messages with an open heart and mind that acknowledges and appreciates the privilege one has to be able to communicate with another. Because it is a privilege and a gift that technology gives us to be able to reach out to another. Savor that thought and embrace it as your gift of interest and well intentioned kindness you're offering to someone who has the choice or option to respond. That applies to both men and women.

When you see it that way you remove the desire or hope or expectation to hear from them. And you focus on the content and context of what you wish to say. And say it with thoughtful kindness.

Someone will eventually respond. People, men and women do respond to thoughtful kindness. And they often don't forget how it made them feel.

Many won't. Not because they can just choose not to. But because each and every one of us is in a different space on our journey in life. Lots of us are going through much. Much of which we don't always have the words to express or explain. Much of which may not be relatable to others given where they are in their journey. Much of which we may not even have processed in our own minds to even acknowledge that we have stuff going on inside us. But that which manifests in our tone and nuances towards others.

So consider silence as a gift. An opportunity to engage different people in different ways. If it's one thing COVID-19 has taught us it's that connection is far more than just chatting and meeting to cuddle. That cuddling can occur in so many different media on so many different levels. A cuddle is so much more than a cuddle.

• @Bles
    Agreed.
    If someone gives a gift in the expectation of a grateful reply, then it isn't a gift, it is a trade.

Saying "Have a nice day" is only genuine, if there is no expectation of a similar reply.

• edited July 2020

Alright guys, this was supposed to be a bit of humorous anxiety relief. I'm sure we've all felt anxiety when someone doesn't respond. We all know how things work, whether someone responds or not. I hope we're not taking things too seriously and can laugh at annoyances.