Pros: How did you decide to leap to pro?

I'm not sure if this should be in General, but here goes.

I'm curious what made you decide to go from pleb cuddler to pro. I've thought about going pro or labeling myself as a therapeutic cuddler because I have a natural listening desire, have psychotherapy in my blood, and the more I learn about touch and cuddlers, the more I think there are many types of touch that can be done therapeutically and that would help progress people through their issues.

I'm still working through my own, but I've found many times what exactly someone's therapeutic need or activation is, such as cradling, arm wrapping, body rubbing, hard wrapping, silent/breath/sighing spoon, and even crushing haha. However, because so many pro women here seem so confident with it, I'm curious what finally got you into that confidence and desire to finally do it.

Comments

• edited July 2020

In light of your other thread I find this hilarious

• [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)

I haven't gone pro yet but I am seriously considering, as I have been involved in the enthusiast cuddling scene for the last four years and I feel like I have enough experience to make the jump as I've had numerous different platonic cuddle buddies over that time.

One of the local professional cuddlers has been encouraging me to go pro and giving me advice and mentoring as well, which has really helped - she's middle aged so it's nice to have someone take me under their wing and support me. I intend to do the Cuddlist course before charging though as I feel it would help give it a bit more credibility.

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

Considering your other recent thread and the events revolving around that, I wouldn't say you have a good temperament for pro cuddling OP. If you're still working through your own issues then it'd maybe be best to sort them first before you seriously consider taking the next step.

• I decided to become a professional because I have always seen the unseen and had a passion for compassion towards those most people don't understand. I am highly sensitive and an empath so have the ability to empathize and be compassionate towards people of all experiences, even people with opinions different than mine. It's been funny going through my papers at my parents house, some of which are notes I made from career exploration throughout my adult life. I see this common them through all of them, so I know I am on the right path for me. 😊 To be a professional you have to have the capacity to be both selfless and also to have rock solid boundaries, the ability to have tough conversations compassionately and also immediately upon the need, to ask questions, understand consent, and to never do harm. People are trusting you with their truth, their body, their emotions, their vulnerability, their entire self. Like @pmvines said, your behavior shown in the other thread is not indicative of these qualities, but hopefully this list can help someone else considering the switch. 😊

• I love using my degree in a field where I truly feel is beneficial to the betterment of others.

Everything else is a bonus 💜

• I love theatre of the absurd!

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

It sounds like you just wanted to play devil's advocate here and stir up some reaction. In the other threads you sound like you were just venting.

Publicly venting your own frustration and disappointment seems to be one of the ways you cope. It's perhaps one of the media you use to work through your own issues with control and negative feedback. It's perhaps even cathartic for you. Perhaps comic relief.

If it works for you then who is anyone to judge?