Female and/or Trans Moderators 2020-07-08 16:05:49.98 ET

edited July 2020 in General
This discussion was created from comments split from: Suggestions and ways this website can be improved. [SoulcuddlerZ]

Comments

• edited July 2020

Have paid female and trans moderators. They will have a better pulse on how and where to listen to suggestions. Shouldn't take @pmvines to convince @Mark that people need to be able to report shade, for example. Although, good on PMvines for actually paying attention.

• Ok.......................

• Great! You will hire a female worker to moderate?

• edited July 2020

@BooksnTeas why not hire the most qualified people regardless of gender ? And you make it sound as if the current staff is incapable of moderating fairly.

• I'm not sure what qualifies someone to be a Moderator, but I don't think they have to be the same gender, orientation, ethnicity, age etc. as the people they represent. They probably just need a lot of experience at knowing what bothers people.

A key life skill is understanding people who are different, else heterosexual relationships wouldn't work.

• edited July 2020

@hugonehugall, yup. @geoff1000 , nope.
    This is representation 101.
    You have a site owned by a man, with majority female workers. Patroned by mostly men and moderated by men. You'd have to be a fool to think there's not something missing. Read the terms of service.. geared for the patron and owners... not for the workers.. see the demographic breakdown of power, protection, representation. The forums may be fun for all us, but.. it aint pretty here if you look at the details.
    Remember, this is intimacy for hire, this a man's game on this site, no delusions, and no attempts to shift that.

• @BooksnTeas so you're implying there should be no male moderators period or that they should just have one on staff ? These are 2 different arguments ....

• mmm.. I don't even think this site should be owned by a man, I think it should be turned over to collective ownership of all the workers. But in the meantime, I think the people establishing protocol should be representative of the people who are working.

• edited July 2020

my comments were deleted! hahahahahaaa oh, haha.
    Turn this over to collective ownership of the workers. In the meantime, let the people who make decisions be representative of the people who are working, largely females.
    Check the terms of service if you're not sure what problematic representation is. This site is set up by men who own, for men who patron, with little protection for women who work.
    Thanks, @Mark? for proving my point.

• edited July 2020

my comments were deleted! hahahahahaaa oh, haha.
    Turn this over to collective ownership of the workers. In the meantime, let the people who make decisions be representative of the people who are working, largely females.
    Check the terms of service if you're not sure what problematic representation is. This site is set up by men who own, for men who patron, with little protection for women who work.
    Thanks, @Mark? for proving my point.

They were moved by a moderator into a dedicated thread.

• You're sounding more reasonable with every post.

• But the site also represents those and those who choose not do this for a living therefore all sides should be represented equally. And I see no issue with the ownership of the site.

• Some of these posts are a great reminder for me to rewind my cuckoo clock.

• edited July 2020

They were moved by a moderator into a dedicated thread.

hmmm.. was the moderator one of the women you earn money off of, who might have felt it I had on topic suggestions.. you know.. how to improve the site?
    Or was it a dude who patrons? Was it a dude who gets paid? Both? Or was it you who owns this?
    Isn't it ironic that a non male participant made a suggestion that was deleted from the thread, and that the suggestion to improve the site had to do with representation?
    In that thread I had dudes pull the "crazy card" on my suggestion. So funny, because until this is representative, they have your backing. And they are paying women for their time, and calling me crazy for suggesting they should hold representation in the forums.

• my messages keep getting deleted and moved by the male owner of this company who is asking for suggestions on how to improve the site...
    hmmm.. was the moderator one of the women you earn money off of, who might have felt it I had on topic suggestions.. you know.. how to improve the site?
    Or was it a dude who patrons? Was it a dude who gets paid? Both? Or was it you who owns this?
    Isn't it ironic that a non male participant made a suggestion that was deleted from the thread, and that the suggestion to improve the site had to do with representation?
    In that thread I had dudes pull the "crazy card" on my suggestion. So funny, because until this is representative, they have your backing. And they are paying women for their time, and calling me crazy for suggesting they should hold representation in the forums.
    This is in light of my observation that in order to change a protocol women have been upset about, you, @Mark needed a dude to pay attention.

• edited July 2020

No posts have been deleted, only moved over here.

I've now moved the latest few posts from 'Suggestions' thread to here. Please keep the moderator discussion in here and feature requests over there. Thanks.

• edited July 2020

There are key components to running this site. Mark is the owner, he decides based on what's necessary to this role. Why would he ever let strangers run his site and make decisions?

Additionally, part of moderating is more than forum watch/bad photos. It takes a specific background/skill set/education to do the IT work.

I do wish sometimes for a female moderator, because perception is important, but to hit all the boxes for what is required for this role, which mind you, I do not believe are even paid for.... Can be difficult to find an appropriate match.

• This discussion was created from comments split from: Suggestions and ways this website can be improved.
  • edited July 2020

I'm now locking the Suggestions thread temporarily as it's still continuing to overlap.

• Please just leave my messages in the appropriate thread. The only objections came from men. Look at yourself.

• Well said @MissAdventurous like I said should be the people most qualified regardless of gender.

• edited July 2020

@BooksnTeas You're starting to get into intentional disruptive territory with your latest thread 'What is wrong with Mark?'.

Please keep the moderator discussion here and don't create any more new threads.

Your comments are perfectly within the rules but causing disruption is not.

• edited July 2020

@Mark you got into separatist territory and this is your site. That's part of my point. Please bring this back to the main thread, the topic was how the site could be improved, and this is on topic.

• edited July 2020

You're free to make your critical points, however unreasonable. But there's no need to go into conspiracy ranting mode after SoulZ decided to move the moderator discussion into its own thread, which I then had to proactively maintain.

• It's helpful to have separate threads for any significant suggestions. Makes sense to me. Any conversation/suggestion that goes beyond a few posts should be separated. It's actually kind of giving it much more attention by having its own thread. Like if we had a thread for awesome pros, but so many comments were about how awesome I am, they would have to create a special thread just for discussion about how awesome ubergigglefritz is. That would be awesome. 😁 Your suggestion is receiving an entire forum thread JUST for this subject. That's not a bad thing...

• @BooksnTeas
    Who the hell cares!! You really have some man and or daddy issues!! Why don't you make your on cuddle site and then you can hire all of the women and trans people in the whole wide world. Plus you sound like a communist and a feminist to me.

• @BooksnTeas
    Maybe you should apply for the moderator job? Did you ever think about that? Since you seem to be the best candidate for the job.

• I think they are doing a fine job. Any time I have a grievance, they are on top of it. They understand perfectly well, regardless of being a male. Males can understand a females perspective just fine. Leave it alone. 😅

• While I agree that having a female mod would be helpful, I don’t believe not having a female mod hurts the site. I can honestly say all of the mods have more than helpful when I needed assistance. The owner of the site can only do so much when it comes to safety. Like any group meetup, social or dating site, you are provided guidelines to follow but it is ultimately up to you to protect yourself to the fullest extent.

I’m sure when the time comes to hire a new mod for the site, the owners will take all suggestions into consideration and choose the best candidate suited for the role, regardless of gender, orientation, race, religion etc.

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)
    edited July 2020

Agree with @SweetCamiXO I've not seen anything from @Mark or the moderators which would suggest they aren't fine handling the job as is, and they've been very open to suggestions made in the past (when those suggestions have been made by people acting reasonably that is). Once the site population rises to a point where more moderators are required I can't see them discriminating against people when considering them for those positions whether it's evident that a more diverse moderation team is required or not. More diverse voices can be good, but in my opinion it's unreasonable to demand it especially considering the scope of the site and the moderator team as it stands.

And @BooksnTeas I can't help but mention that in my opinion the reason people have been pulling the "crazy card" with you isn't because of what you've said, but how you've said it. Accusing half the people speaking out against you as only doing so because they have penises comes across as incredibly bigoted. It isn't productive in the slightest even if your suggestions are.

This discussion has been locked.