SafE alternative sessions during COVID

Hi so lately I’ve been getting more requests for sessions since the coronavirus I haven’t been doing any sessions and I’m still not comfortable doing any so I figured I start a discussion regarding safer alternatives to the session maybe like virtual sessions are using WebCam any ideas of work and go down during the session that might actually stimulate and relieves when our clients emotionally and mentally

Comments

• I like the idea of "socially distant" but physical meetings ; such as sitting near to each other in a park, or going for a walk.

In a public place, close physical contact might be avoided anyway, for embarrassment reasons ; which is a "psychological explanation" for not doing it. If the parties are indoors : the absence of touching is obvious, touching without protection may still be considered so risky that it detracts from the enjoyment, while touching with protection emphasises the situation.

• [Deleted User]SilverFoxFL (deleted user)

Although there’s no substitute for the physical act of cuddling, I’d like to think that phone or video talk sessions can provide some of the same feelings of emotional warmth and reassurance that a cuddling session can provide. If you think about it as ‘pillow talk’, you can give your cuddle partner the attention and reassurances they need to feel comforted and valued as a person. A warm soothing voice that’s thoughtful and full of care can make a person feel as special as they are. With free apps like WhatsApp and Skype and others, it’s also possible to have pillow talk and cuddle sessions with partners all over the world. And to fit the mood, partners can dim the lights, light scented candles and get comfy in their special cuddle clothes and cuddling place. Naturally, all of the cuddling rules regarding sexuality and other protocols can be followed and fully embraced.

Does anyone have thoughts or experiences with this?

• @Carence Just the day before you started this discussion I started a similar discussion about the idea of embracing a very modified form of physical contact that may be safer than a full cuddle session. What do you think of meeting with cuddle clients for a like "micro" session of less than 10 minutes that only includes a hug with face masks on? I describe what that could look like and some pros and cons to it on my discussion: https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/8388#

• During this pandemic it's been really the worse as we all know. I am not a phone person but my phone has been playing a vital role for me. I also purchased a weighted blanket.
    Honestly, I have gotten some really good sound sleep since I started using it as well.

• Here to vouch for the phone or Skype option! Maybe Most wont see it bc they handle calls and video calls all the time but sometimes The phone option is An amazing alternative with the intention of connecting with someone for all comforting purposes.

• @Carence there's nothing wrong with you and the client putting on PPE for a session. As a matter of fact, I'm going to order a hazmat suit for a session this weekend lol!!!