Portable Hosting?

Would you think it misleading if one selected "host" as an option, if where they were to host was basically a loveseat on wheels with a view?

There's no chance I would host where I live, but I have a vehicle that is super comfy for lounging in the back of. It's an Element which has a split rear - there's the upper window half that serves as an awning or support for a tarp if raining, and the lower tailgate for stretching one's legs out. The pitch/angle of the rear seats is adjustable making for a solid & ergonomic backrest plus I have a mattress pad, pillows, blankets, etc. to put in there and it can be opened up to enjoy any number of stunning views. It's basically a mobile Snuggle Sanctuary!

Since I'd be able to park in places where others aren't, can I legitimately select I'm able to "host"? Or would that be misleading and this type of scenario should only be considered "public" because someone could potentially park next to me/us?

πŸš™πŸŒˆπŸŒ…πŸŒƒπŸŒ„πŸŒ¬β›ˆπŸŒ€πŸ‘«πŸ’ž

Β«1

Comments

• @geoff1000 ~~~ That's my ultimate dream!!!

But it has 'home' in the name, and is presumably fully enclosed, so it seems "host" would be accurate.

I feel like mine is a cross between that and a semi-isolated park bench and although I could live out of my vehicle, I couldn't live in my vehicle....

• @quixotic_life
    Some people say you are a host, if you are the one who rents the hotel room ( even if the other person pays ) ; which suggests everyone could describe themselves as host. They say public is only when people can see you, like in a park.

I've never understood it properly. ☹️

• @geoff1000 ~ Sounds like this is still a "public" situation then. Boo! I was hoping I could select "host" and have greater chances of meeting someone local(-ish) that would be cuddle-compatible.

I wish we had a way of selecting "will travel" or something else to expand search results because soliciting someone with, "Hey, wanna go hang out, in the back of my ride, down by the river?", probably isn't going to get me very far.

• edited July 2020

I think that's more like public, but just make it clear in your profile what you can do and you should be fine. 🀷 I always "host" while parked at a campground, so it's pretty private. πŸ˜‡ *And I have AC if it's hot. πŸ˜‰

• @ubergigglefritz ~ Sweet! In my imaginings I'm parked somewhere with a grand view of the Columbia River Gorge and although I wouldn't have AC, there's almost always a breeze.....

• @quixotic_life
    One of my favourite cartoon gags is Mickey and Minnie Mouse ( I think ) packing up their caravan at a very picturesque campsite in the wilderness. The last thing they do is fold away the backdrop, showing they were actually parked in an industrial estate.

• edited July 2020

@geoff1000 ~ Lol

That could be a nice eco-conscious way to go about it....

my known artistic ability (expressive stick figures) is somehow greatly surpassed and I'm able to compose an incredibly detailed and realistic landscape vista, that seamlessly blends into the environment surrounding it

....and I'll finally get to be cuddled up with that special someone!!! Except....

how could I not see this coming? the tiniest of breezes tiptoes past us and

....my heart sinks as the canvas ripples ever so slightly. My new cuddle buddy catches this out of the corner of their eye. They push me away as they stand and I find myself stammering, reaching for them, while through my welling tears of regret and embarrassment I'm unable to find the words to explain myself. But it's too late now. They've stood up, turned their back in disgust and are leaving me bad karma as they walk away....

intensely sobbing while crumpled over and kneeling in my pool of shame

...."I just wanted to select 'host'!"

[🎬 - end scene]

• I have run into issues with my RV, it seems as soon as you say RV, it puts up a red flag, not sure why??.
    I try to take a few road trips a year, some have been 1-3K miles and have reached out for a cuddle in my RV, but very tough to do.

• @waynewv how have you found it tough to do? πŸ€” Thanks...

• No-one has ever been abducted, by being driven away in a hotel room. πŸ˜€

• @ubergigglefritz , I have reached out many times in different areas that I have camped over at, most of the time after I say I'm in a RV at a campground they will not even reply back, or just NO thanks. I would assume being a male and reaching out to a female is the issue-?. I know you use your RV, but as the hosting female I'm sure the guys are not worried about being abducted, LOL I also noticed, when the person will host and I say I'm on a road trip passing thru there area, that does not go over well. But, things are looking better, I'm leaving on a road trip soon up north and stopping in Ohio for a few days and have a meeting planned there with a lady that we have been chatting together on this site for a little while and she feels safe enough to meet up with me. I think I have learned from this, I should reach out to a cuddlier months in advance and start the connection on line and let them get to know me a little bit, instead of reaching out while in a campground. I'm sure if I had waited until I pulled in the campground and then asked the lady to meet me in my RV, she would have said no. I'm really looking forward to this trip, my RV is small, but fully self contained, so I will stay in as much as I can and be safe, you take care and drive safe out there on the road.

• That makes sense and it definitely helps to reach out to people far in advance, especially non-pros. But even with me, new clients don't know me and are almost as nervous about something unkind happening as the women. They don't know if I am who I say I am, etc. Karma helps though I am sure. At least with the people I find through this site. Inquiries from other sources don't have that benefit. πŸ˜‡

• @ubergigglefritz you haven't cuddled till you've winnebago cuddled

• @pmvines I've had people say they were nervous until they got there, met me, and saw my setup, lol. Meetings at a campground can be shady I guess, ha.

• @ubergigglefritz I can relate having grown up on 80s horror movies lol

• 80s movies made me scared of almost everything. πŸ˜€

• edited July 2020

@geoff1000 they just don't make em like that anymore. All the gratuitous gore and nudity , and half of them so campy it's almost comical

• @pmvines
    True enough. Seeing them again now, they aren't so scary. Maybe I'm more mature, or maybe modern TVs and projectors show how bad the image quality was.

• @quixotic_life I have a β€œmobile snuggle nest” as well. It sounds similar to what you described. I have a hatchback SUV with the rear seats folded down, a foam mattress, and tons of blankets and pillows. The general consensus is that is it super comfy & cozy, but where to park can sometimes be a bit of a barrier. I cannot host at my home, and I consider my mobile snuggle nest to fall more into the category of public cuddles. But I do mention it in my profile. I should really put up a photo of it to give my potential cuddle buds more info. I would suggest you try something similar? Whatever category you choose to place your cuddlemobile in, use your profile to clarify 😎

• [Deleted User]123Cuddle123 (deleted user)

Why does everyone who opens a thread sound so insecure

• edited July 2020

@123Cuddle123 perhaps you should open a thread on it

• edited July 2020

@123Cuddle123 - I can't speak for the reasoning of others - but for myself, I sound insecure because I am insecure.

If I had even a semi-healthy bit of self-confidence I'd probably walk around wearing a "Free Hugs" shirt and randomly embrace strangers. I might even go so far as to invite them to share a blanket in the park with me for a bit. But that's not me. So here I am instead, hoping to find genuinely kind and understanding people who will accept me for who I am without passing judgment on me.

I'd like to suggest that if you really think, everyone who opens a thread sounds so insecure you open one yourself to show an example of what a "secure" thread topic might look like. Or, if you're actually wanting more insight into to everyone's "insecure posts" reasoning, you place that as a separate discussion thread topic (instead of hiding it here where only a handful of people might see it).

I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to ask and hope you eventually find the answers your looking for ~ peace πŸŒ¬πŸ•Š
    ~QL

• edited July 2020

lol @pmvines ~ great minds...

@saramajara ~ "mobile snuggle nest" I love it!
    And thanks for the suggestions! As soon as I have it all set up, and cuddle ready, I plan on doing that (I feel like I have plenty of time due to Covid). But for sure, having it on my profile makes sense (for now I just have a link to this tread at the bottom of it).

• edited July 2020

To me... if you say you can β€œHost”... that means you have a private place to cuddle...

That could be anything from a house, bedroom, renting a hotel room, RV, tent... laughs hot air balloon?

However if it’s out of the norm... I’d say mention it on your profile.

I’ve had cuddle sessions in the bed in a semi. (Not me hosting)

I also think the amazing thing about an RV, you can bring it to them... (or meet halfway in between!) #SnuggleMobile

• @Dante_S ~ We're pretty much on the same page (although I wouldn't consider the hot air balloon "private" unless my cuddle buddy was the balloonist, and in that scenario would be freaked out about us crashing, catching ourselves on fire, etc to get into anything beyond holding hands and short hugs - but it would still be amazing)!

After a bit of thought my personal stance is, if within the space we're reliant on external services, where one would have to go through a potentially public space to access amenities, it would technically make us the 'guests' of another 'host'. But once I have a self-contained RV (with a temperature controlled environment, a kitchenette so I can offer warm food & chilled beverages and have immediate access to a bathroom) then I'll feel good about considering it "hosting".

SnuggleSUV = Public ~ Current reality
    SnuggleRV = Host ~ The Dream!

And eventually I'll figure out a way to work this into my already lengthy profile...

• @Dante_S
    In the US, "Semi" = semi-articulated truck.
    In the UK, a semi is a semi-detached house, which in the US is called a duplex.

I'm trying to keep up. πŸ˜€

• Unfortunately, there are sex workers who work out of RV's, vans, visit truckers cabs, etc. Guys know this & it might be "presumed" by some that you were offering more, especially if it comes as a surprise & that's not what they came for. I can't help but think of an older bumper sticker: "If this van is rockin, don't bother knocking". Also if parking at a client's house some neighbors would surely presume the worst! Imagine if you showed up weekly! I so wish all this wasn't the case, cause I think a cuddemobile is a great idea! If clearly stated in profile & picture as suggested, and parked in random spots, it think I'd be great!

• @cuddleaddict
    Unless the event is live-streamed, I don't think there's any way for a cuddle session to not make some observers think it's a sex session ; and if there's no romantic goodbye kiss, they are likely to think in was sex for business. I don't think we will quickly change public perception.