Cuddling during pandemic. Off limits or just to social limit guidlines

I'm wondering if anyone is going to figure out that this may never work and has to understand there's now way anyone I'd going to come into contact with another human and want to touch them in any way. Its really sad because I found this at a time in my life it could really keep me from dropping down into that sad depression and possibly could help me keep positive.

Comments

• One advantage of a pandemic, is that it gives a reason for everyone to maintain a social distance ; so those who want, but aren't getting social contact, don't feel so left out. The signs telling people to keep 6 feet away from strangers, don't bother so much, people who didn't mix well socially.

When my car was in for a week of repairs a few years ago, I did a lot of walking and other activities, which didn't need a car ; so that I didn't miss not having it.

Now may be the ideal time to begin conversations ( messaging, phone, video) with potential cuddle partners ; because the situation gives a reason to not quickly step across the threshold into physical cuddling.

Physical torture has its effect, not because of the current pain, but because of the belief of future pain. In the same way, a cuddle session is probably enjoyable, because it ( usually ) indicates that future sessions are possible ; either with a pro or enthusiast. A session which is a certain one-off, is surely less enjoyable.

It should therefore be pleasant for both parties to reach a point where they are both keen to cuddle, as soon as some external condition changes ; such as the pandemic reducing,. e.g. a vaccine becoming available. One key life skill of an adult over a child, is the appreciation of "delayed gratification".

• FIRST CUDDLE SINCE PANDEMIC STARTED:
    Our first snuggle in 6 months with a long standing snuggle buddy, now sadly moving. Please bear in mind we're in upstate NY, daily hospitalizations rates flatened for many weeks, & no upturns or resurgences. 40 states are in second upturn & would never recommend in those states or countries seeing reimergence or up turn.

We both know masks are best defence, & still needed even in phase 4 reopening to avoid spreading & resurgences. Both of us wore masked.

Some positions we determined were too risky-face to face ruled out.. Some "stacking" ones did inhibit beathing & couldn't maintain for long. Masks used were snug at side of face & nose- washable, triple layer.

It took a lot of caution, & therefore not for everybody, as i'm sure some would feel masks too distracting, but absolutely needed.

Long standing friends who've been taking masks, social distancing, limiting personal interactions, washing seriously since beginning .

We both like caressing arms, back & head as a primary pleasure of cuddling. Science now shows transmission by touch much less riskly- unless droplets with mucous. Test known now to be positive even if virus dead on surface. Hands & skin touched washed after visit over & never touched faces.

Most areas have tracing in place, so if a snuggle partner turned positive It'd have ramicfications for the entire concept.

I write this to others to offer some hope, but please wait until your area has no upturns & very low infection rate. Our region of NY has been at 1% for some time.

Cuddling will come back & in a big way! So many have been deprived of a big part of thier lives it aches without out it. But be ever so careful!

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

You can't be too careful. Covid safe buddies are a thing. It is working for many who practice the safety measures you described in their own lives. It has to be a shared value of personal hygiene, social distancing and staying healthy with dietary practices that promote healthy immunity and general wellness. That's the safest way. We take care of our selves in order to take care of others. That's the new standard of trust in the cuddle community.

That's a tough thing to address. Especially when those values aren't shared.

In the face of this pandemic one and done cuddles may very well be something people think more seriously and thoughtfully about.

And as far as social distancing goes it's extremely difficult to wear a mask through hours of close physical contact. It's being done everyday. But it's difficult none the less. Especially for those who wear masks up to 20 hours a day, 7 days a week. It's no joke.

Trust is not just that or because you tell me it is means it's so. It is what you and I do in our own lives away from each other that counts. That impacts our health. That we can some how reasonably verify. That's harder with a total stranger. No matter what he or she or his or her profile says.