(bug) cuddle proposal no notification

Can the admin of this site fix this issue? The important notifications are not being sent as notification . There is no notification whatsoever when there are important events like cuddle date proposal, approval. Notification only shows up when it is cancelled. Also there is no notification when somebody posts a karma on your profile. These are important events that need notification.

Comments

• edited July 2020

@alphares I just sent a booking proposal to myself from a test account and I got the email immediately. Same for Karma.

Is it possible these emails are going to your spam folder?

• edited July 2020

@Mark no its not. But I get the cancel notification.

• @alphares i have also had the same issues repeatedly. It doesn’t go to a spam. I have to check the site several times a day to see if I have any new messages or proposals because I get no notifications. Very impractical. This site desperately needs an app

• [Deleted User]DeleteAccount (deleted user)

I've had notification issues just with messages!

• edited July 2020

Do you know since when?

Remember that we only send out an email for the first unread message within a conversation, so if someone messages you a second time and you still haven't logged in yet to read the first, we won't email you.

Also, if you are browsing the website we wait a few minutes before deciding whether you need to be emailed or whether you've already noticed the message.

Investigating this is quite challenging so not able to come to any quick conclusions yet. The problem is some people will always have email issues due to their providers. Our email service logs (Amazon Web Services) are showing a healthy delivery rate and every time I test, I get emailed immediately.

In the near future I will definitely implement deeper logging solutions to better aid investigations like this.

• Mark, I’ve had the same issue tonight for a new message...it did show up in my e-mail but didn’t light up on the sight immediately.

• @alphares @SweeTea

I've enabled some monitoring and then sent both of you booking proposals. Please can you confirm whether or not you received those emails?

• yes got the email for the proposal so whatever you did it works

• edited July 2020

That's good but the problem is I haven't actually done anything other than add monitoring.

So I hope you, and anyone else with this issue, can do me a favour and send me a message the next time you think an email should have come but didn't. As I should now be able to better investigate it.

• alright thanks

• edited July 2020

A bug was eventually discovered that was the cause of this issue. Thank you everyone for your feedback.