Cuddle expectations!

[Deleted User]Mennahugs (deleted user)

Hello my beautiful cuddlers!! I'm curious what are your cuddle expectations ? Do you expect to build a genuine platonic relationship?

Let's chat!!

Comments

• I have none so not much to discuss for me, other than sharing that I have none.

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

I expect to meet up for reasonably nice cuddles and conversation, maybe with a meal or snack involved too. Don't expect to build a platonic relationship with just anyone, that'd be the exception/ideal rather than the expected result.

• edited July 2020

Expect ~ No.

Hope for ~ Yes!!! Call me old fashioned, but I would certainly prefer cuddling with someone I have a platonic relationship with, than someone I hardly know.

But now I'm wondering ~ Are there people out there not looking to build friendships grounded in a mutual desire to be squishy and real with one another? Are there people who prefer one-off cuddles? Fascinated to find out because that is a totally foreign idea to me (I probably wouldn't have ever even considered it as a potential preference).

Edited to add points of clarification: I don't mean I want to necessarily maintain a traditional friendship with everyone I might be so lucky to cuddle with. But I do have a need for a connection to be there first. Additionally, if I find a cuddle partner who I can fully be myself with, and they with me, that is going to be someone very special to me, friendship or not ~ And I'd certainly be hoping we'd at least stay in contact for future cuddles.

Also, if I find someone who "gets" me and I them and we enjoy eachother's company enough to build a platonic relationship (i.e. friendship) that would be the best thing ever!
    Cuddles & hanging out? ~ Still a Yes! πŸ€—

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)
    edited July 2020

No expectations. No desires.

Just listening in and experiencing a moment of whatever in communication via whatever medium.

If through consistent communication over time a vibe is felt or a connection is made, strong and mutual enough for a genuine platonic interaction then certainly.

It's just not desired nor expected.

For many this site is a useful distraction from their busy every day priorities: loved ones , work and life commitments . The goal is not to make new or additional friends. It's merely to fill an unmet need or desire. Or a met but unfulfilled need or desire. Hence the convenience of one and done cuddle meets.

Many will never admit that.

Discernment is a powerful gift. And to remain detached from any desire or expectation of a possible platonic interaction or relationship with anyone is to give oneself the power to appreciate and acknowledge the abundance that comes from just listening to and engaging with another's perspective. Knowing that one person is just one among many potentials who will cross our paths to give us another lens through which we see ourselves: good or bad. Even more powerful when we can be grateful for it and just be. πŸ™

If that's what you want that's okay. More power to you if you can find others who truly want that. And who will truly see it as a cost effective investment of their time and effort rather than a burdensome commitment from them to give time and energy they don't have or want to give. πŸ™

• quixotic i agree with you about being able to be squishy and real with one another person. I think that is a great desire and motivator. I do not prefer one-off cuddles as you so eloquently penned that term.

I also agree with you that I don't mean I want to necessarily maintain a traditional friendship with everyone I might be so lucky to cuddle with.
    Like you, I do have a need for a connection with my cuddle partner.

For me, and only for me because everyone will have their own opinion in this, but.... it is a Goal for me to find a cuddle partner who I can fully be myself with, and they with me. You said that is going to be someone very special to you, friendship or not, and I echo that sentiment.

With my above comments this is also the other goal as you had also stated.... certainly I would be hoping we'd at least stay in contact for future cuddles.

Yes and hopefully so.

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)
    edited July 2020

Shouldn't want what you cannot have.

Can't have what you don't want.

Can't have what you want if what you want is not meant to be or for you.

Either way you live with what you have. You enjoy it. You live.

Can't define what you don't know or have never lived. Though you can discern and understand others experience as they tell it or experience it.

Cuddling is no different. πŸ€—πŸ™

• Not sure what to expect from this. Explore this new world (website). Talk with people to try and get a feel for them. (Don't want scary or creepy). Find people I can be myself around and enjoy a cuddle session or a few. If a distant (internet based) platonic relationship forms, that's cool. As long as it feels mutually genuine. My perspective may change with time and experience.

• I’m looking for cuddling, and I’m open to friendship. After all, I feel that someone who enjoys cuddling at least has that in common with me. I don’t have any expectations, I go with the flow. If it happens that we find mutual benefit to friendship, I’m happy with that possibility.

• I expect
    Respect from all parties involved!

• [Deleted User]Mennahugs (deleted user)

I'm late!
    But I think I'm hoping for a genuine respectful friendship. I'm new to NY and don't know alot of people, so cuddling is a great way for me to meet new people.