How can i get my clients to keep their word on appointments?

I am having a lot of issues with clients booking the appointment then not responding to me or when I get to the location they don't answer! I am so fed up. I can't afford to spend my money on gas and also turn away another potential client because they don't keep their end of the agreement. I am extremely professional and wish the same of my clients.

Comments

• [Deleted User]SanFranResident (deleted user)

You can try asking for a deposit of maybe half your fee ahead of time. You've got a reasonable amount of karma so I think most potential clients would be willing to do this.

FWIW, the same thing happens to clients. I've had quite a few pros no-show on me, in a few cases even when I had paid in advance. As far as I can tell about 50% of people are inconsiderate jerks if not outright thieves. Applies to either gender and to both cuddlers and clients.

• Thank you yes, i did think about getting a deposit Im so fed up with being disrespected. I enjoy doing this but its hard to "bank" on the clients following through.

• My understanding is there is a policy for no shows etc . @mark @SoulcuddlerZ @reurbo ?

• Some % payment up front, maybe a phone conversation. It will decrease your numbers, but the ones you get will be more trustworthy.
    But it certainly is completely frustrating how some people can turn something so good into a problem.

• I agree with the other posters that once it becomes a problem and it looks like it has, you ask for a deposit then you're sure that whoever is booking is serious.

• I’m seeing more and more “ non refundable” deposits .... non refundable “ booking fees” ., I don’t think that the pros that require this don’t think it through .
    I just read one this morning .,

If the pro can’t keep the session appointment at least offer a choice of full refund of deposit .

• I believe I will change my stance too. Many don't want to share a photo but after we do schedule a time and day some of them are asking what I'm wearing or if they can wear nothing. I block them. I'll from now on all for a deposit. Thanks for the input

• I have a required $50 deposit. That shares the risk with them as I usually spend more on that to travel and book a campsite, not to mention time, but my business model and situation is unique. 😆 I will say that before I full-timed traveling, I had a virtually zero no show rate, and only required a deposit for a session more than a certain number of miles away. If you're having a big issue with it, I would look at your screening process... You WILL lose customers if you have a mandatory deposit, even with lots of karma, and not just because people aren't serious. Lots of people get scammed on this site and many people just won't do deposits no matter what.

• @ubergigglefritz - The monetary risk is nothing compared to the risks pros have to endure(people not respecting boundaries).

• @Mike403 another reason it's more important to look at your screening process instead of just slapping on a deposit requirement hoping it will solve everything. 🤷‍♀️

• I don't even remember the last time I had a problem client actually make it to a session (honestly, most people screen themselves out). I'm not immune. I'm sure it will come. But people looking for other services or looking for someone to try pushing boundaries with typically have much better options. If that's what I was looking for, I would pick a "professional" with pictures focused on their physicality and I certainly wouldn't pick someone who won't even take sock requests, lol. My boundaries are 100% rock hard, I take no clothing requests, am clear I'm not a masseuse, etc. People wanting anything other than exactly what I do typically just disappear, and that's fine with me. I don't push. It results in my clients tending to be pretty stellar and exactly the right fit with me and what I'm interested in providing. 😊

• @ubergigglefritz - That's good. I'm just saying that because I see posts from people upset about having to make a deposit or pay before the session. Losing $100-200 isn't life altering compared to being assaulted.

• @Mike403 I suppose, but emotional trauma can feel just as bad sometimes, and being lied to, manipulated, stolen from, etc, counts as emotional trauma. Especially if it happens over and over again to someone. I never try to rank anyone's feelings with someone else's. 🤷‍♀️

• @ubergigglefritz - Understood. We have our own opinions. I compare it to buying something off of EBay where plenty of people also get scammed. Although it's easy to get a refund there. I don't know how that works for non-tangible services such as cuddles.

• @Mike403 Someone would have to sue through small claims court or something to try to get their money back. It would be difficult. But I do hear of good people getting stolen from a lot on here and it does piss me off. It's a lot of money for a lot of people, possibly saved up for it, etc. It's demoralizing for some who are constantly feeling walked on and taken advantage of.