New To This Site Was Wondering What It's About

If Your New Like Me And Are Just Curious Than Join My Discussion And Let's Learn Together.
If You've Been On This Site For Awhile And Would Love To Teach Us Some Things About It Please Join Also.
If Your A Professional At This Site PLEASE JOin For Sure And Help Us Understand SomeThings About It.
ANYONE CAN JOIN, LET'S HAVE FUN AND GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER MORE.

1. Is This Site For Cuddling Or Something More?64 votes
    1. Yes It's ONLY cuddling
      65.63%
    2. NO It's More Than That
        1.56%
    3. It's A Mix Of Them Both
      15.63%
    4. This Is A Low Key Hook-Up Site
        6.25%
    5. I'm Not Sure Myself What It's About
        6.25%
    6. You'll Have To Wait And See
        4.69%

Comments

• It's intended for finding a platonic cuddle partner. People have been banned for looking for more than that.

• I think it can be whatever you want it to be. By the book it’s strictly for cuddling. But when two adults are interacting I do believe there’s some level of personal and individual freedom involved.

• People find their life partners at their place of work, or in shopping malls ; but that isn't why they go there, and the job interview would be pretty short if anyone said that.

• edited August 2020

Was This Written By A Bot? It Has Strange Word Capitalization And Misspelled Contractions Like "Your" For "You're" And Looks Like It Could Have Been Written For Many Sites Except For One Word In The Poll.

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

It's meant for platonic cuddling and something more as well... the something more being finding new friends. Anything more than that is against the rules and as others have said people have been/do get banned for that. Find the way the post was written quite strange as well, doubt they're a bot though a bot would probably have been more consistent with the capitalisation.

• I suggest you check out the “extended FAQ” by respectful... it’s not very long and it’s an incredibly helpful introduction! Link below 😁

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/4232/frequently-asked-questions/p1

• The intention is for it to be for cuddles, but imagine two people after six months falling in love but then being like nope, we met on cuddle comfort so we cannot be a couple. Yeah, that's not happening. Sure you can get banned for selling sexual services or something else but if people were getting banned for falling in love(as human beings do) that would be ridiculous.

• @JasonCuddles , What two consenting adults do is up to them. You're just likely to get your heart broken if you're on here looking for something long-term.

• @geoff1000 True this site is for cuddling only, but I am sure that at times people have met their mates thru here, BUT have kept that low key. My parents met at her work because my mom said "yes" when a customer asked her out. Is that to mean that if if had been against the rules for those two to go out on a date that my sister and I were only mistakes? We meet people in ways that we least expect, and when we are not specifically looking for it. We spend most of our lives at work, and are too tired to do anything else once we clock out, so finding our significant other at work would be the ideal situation. The KEY is to not try too hard and let things happen as they may, or better put, let things happen naturally.

• edited August 2020

Why anyone would write a message in the style you did on their free will? The text in your profile seems normal. Are you under duress? Respond in Morse code or something.

It's for cuddling. Seeking or offering more should get you banned, especially if money and sex is involved.

Edit: of course, I went looking through my favorites seeing who had been online in the last month, and about half of the profiles I checked were banned or de-activated.

Scammers are everywhere, and I'm sure there's a fair share on here.

Then there's women with modeling pictures charging premium rates. Hmmm. And I single out women because I only search for women.

• edited August 2020

@ABrokenMan
    Imagine a female patient is being given an intimate examination by a male doctor, and part way through, he asks her if she would like to go out for a drink that evening. I expect that if she said no, he'd be struck off.

My understanding of the CC site, is that most females ( pro or non-pro ) come here specifically because they can have a cuddle, without the risk of a proposition. They have an expectation that it is a "safe" place, where they can take off the psychological armour that they feel they must wear in every other public place.

Every discussion, usually started or continued by men, around the idea that it might lead to sex or romance ; erodes that expectation. It is the first step along the thousand-mile journey to, "I thought she wanted to have sex with me" ; though many females on the side report the journey isn't that long.

It is also possible that a cuddle session will lead to catching a cold, or flu, or a fatal contagious disease ; or being financially or romantically scammed, or mugged. Such threads discourage people of either gender from participating.

If we males want females to let down their guard ( in a good way ), and for non-pro females to join in greater numbers ; we have to collectively assure them, by our words and actions, that the CC site is a place where we can be relied upon to behave differently to how we would in any other meeting.

The #MeToo movement complains about men in many situations, including most recently : acting recruitment events, working for news corporations, sports coaching, and religious pastoral care.

How about we keep CC sessions off that list ?

• This site is intended for platonic cuddling only, including professional cuddling and touch therapy services. Some people probably do attempt to use it for dating or other purposes, but that's not the intention of the site.

However, there are some people (especially those in the aromantic/asexual communities) who may seek out platonic life partners here. A platonic life partner is a relationship with the same level of commitment as a marriage, just without the romantic or sexual parts involved. Since those relationships usually don't involve sex, kissing or erotic undertones, I don't see why that would be an issue here.

• This site is supposed to be platonic cuddling. The cuddling produces great emotional benefits. Also, it is a chance to meet people of other backgrounds where you may not meet in your local city like a person's culture and life experiences. A good friendship added to the cuddling is a bonus

• CC is like a pub which only serves soft drinks. Some people think that if they ask the barman, they can get a double vodka, and he will sometimes oblige from a hip-flask ; but Management would ban both parties, and those who seek or offer that, would probably have more success elsewhere.

My feeling is that boundaries are less often pushed by either party, in countries or States where true "sex work" is legal ; in the same way that the end of Prohibition, saw the end of the "speakeasy".

• @geoff1000 THIS!

@Mark - Is there a more helpful and obvious guide/ introduction to the Cuddle Comfort website & community beside the “extended FAQ”??

I’ve recently had a bunch of people new to the site messaging me with questions similar to the title of this thread - what is this place about?! I’m happy to try and answer but covering it all in detail is a lot to explain. I was hoping there was a place where new users could get a proper introduction to the purpose and intention of Cuddle Confort. I usually direct people the “extended FAQ”. IMO it’s very helpful - but it’s pretty hidden.

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/4232/frequently-asked-questions/p1

• @saramajara I wish more people understood what this is and why people do it. It seems like just about everybody who isn't participating in it thinks it's creepy and weird and one step from prostitution. Touch is a basic human need and doesn't need to be sexual.

• @mike403 ...another reason I think it would be great to have the FAQ, cuddling resources & discussion, and some of the other stickied threads in the forum be more visible / presented in a context outside of forum discussion

• @saramajara Agree. I was skeptical when I first heard about this industry but I am glad I gave it a try. I always feel so much better after a hug even if it's from a stranger.

• @saramajara
    The rules of a club / country / sport, don't always reflect how the members / citizens / participants actually behave. Think of the speed limit on a freeway, or my other example of alcohol consumption during Prohibition.

New members perhaps need to be mindful of transgressors.

• edited August 2020

@geoff1000 im not in disagreement.

I was just trying to say it would be nice if there was a clearer and more extended introduction as to what kind of space Cuddle Comfort is intended to be for those who aren’t sure. Just my thoughts in response to the initial question posed by this thread as well as the frequent messages I get from confused newcomers. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• So, I feel like I had a brilliant idea 🧠💡 around all the CuddleComfort FAQ (even though I'm pretty sure the person I already told this to rolled their eyes 🙄 I'm pitching it here anyway...)

I think there needs to be a CuddleComfort Welcome Video! (okay, just bear with me here...)

I'm envisioning a sort of CC version of 90's era "new hire training video", the kind about workplace safety or harassment that are low budget, have poorly written dialog, uncommitted actors and freeze scene voice-overs...

====#====

Scene one
    User creates profile but doesn't read the details on what's expected. They leave their profile blank and quickly do a search of their area messaging the first person they find, "Sup? How's Tuesday for you?"

[pause]
    Voice-over: "Looks like user X maybe disappointed... Rarely do people respond to.... and a blank profile too... Let's try that again..."

Scene rewinds with a playback of user X crafting an appropriate looking profile - Where we hear them thinking, "What's something I'd like a potential cuddle partner to know about me?" Or, "What am I hoping to find here?" Etc. and then writing a nice greeting... followed by a reply notification and user X giving a thumbs up to camera.

====#====

Scene 2
    User Y over-shares that they're looking to "hook-up" and is only into cuddling in their underwear.

screen swipe with the "banned" image

Voice-over: "At CuddleComfort we..... TOS stuff."

====#====

Scene 3
    Something forum related....

====#====

Scene 4
    Respecting boundaries/The meet up....

====#====

Etc... You get the idea right?

I feel like there are some seriously talented people here who could put some shorts together and make learning the basics fun!

Okay, admittedly my idea of "fun" is a bit skewed lately, but still...

🤷‍♀️ ... fine it was just a thought... thanks for reading this far ~ please, carry on... 🙇‍♀️

• edited August 2020

It’s mainly for platonic cuddling, ever though I’ve encountered a few non - professionals who are looking for a date , and will reject me on the basis that I’m not what they are look for. It’s about the enjoyment of cuddling, without the expectation that it will lead to something more.

It’s a bit strange to many, and it took me awhile to get used to, but if you are looking for what the site is intended for and learn more about it, you will be satisfied.

It’s not for everybody, but fir many of us it’s great!!

• @quixotic_life a Cuddle Comfort Welcome/Introduction video is a great idea! I think that would help make things clear to newcomers.

• I think a welcome video would be awesome. It doesn’t even need to be extensive but if the video explains the main rules and the jist of it, it should help a little. Like, if the video had a serious part saying it is platonic and nothing sexual should be said or done (such as cuddling in underwear or performing any “favours”), it should be no surprise to any coming on here what we’re all about. There are so ma y that make the mistake of asking for something sexual but with a welcome video, there should be no excuse that they were unaware of the rules. Everyone has to see the video before continuing.

• @quixotic_life
    Sounds like a good idea.
    Back in the 50's, the UK had "Public Information Films", with jerky black and white footage and a very posh voice over.

• @littermate @TouchSanctuary @Sheena123 @geoff1000 ~ Yay!

Feel free to pitch the idea to Mark (if you happen to know him). I'm not sure how others would feel about it, but I'd be willing to contribute to a collection to help pay for one!

I also think a series of comics would be a cool way "illustrate" behavior expectations and how things work. 💡💬

• @Mark what do you think of the idea mentioned above by @quixotic_life ? I think it could help potentially.

• The comics sound great too!

• edited August 2020

A video is interesting challenge. It would obviously be great if done right. I've often considered it but found myself moving to other projects due to the risk/reward factor. It's an investment into something that you have to get right first time and you won't really know if you achieved that until you see the reactions and engagement metrics.

I agree it makes sense as a community project. I assume it would involve plenty of discussion to reach consensus on a concise message, tone and transcript that does this community justice in how its presented in a 3 minute video.

I'm not sure about costs but hopefully I could cover it my end. If we're lucky, there might be members in this community that have experience with this type of project who can get involved.