Why are you looking for cuddle?

Doesn't anyone want to cuddle you? No girlfriend or wife to cuddle with? Why?

Comments

• I don't have anybody in my life except a cat and occasionally my parents.

• edited August 2020

Here I go putting myself on the rack again: Physical/mental trauma from the past made me platonic or unwilling to touch for years, now this feels more like what I want than partying or lust or the nonsense one-upmanship competition of popular culture. I just feel better doing this. Encounters and consistent cuddlers are essentially random at this point, and I live in an odd region anyway of hyper-judgementalism and old-fashioned traditionalism that I don't fit well into. I love cats already and they're super-cuddly and women are even more cuddly. I've tried relationships again but I don't play the game well and I'm not stacked financially enough to do what I want comfortably anyway, which is travel the world and enjoy new exotic experiences. I also have some permanent physical damage which makes it hard to be normal, and the comfort of a cuddle helps with that. The end.

• I like cuddles and my girlfriend isn't as cuddly as I am and I only see her for a few hours a week.

• edited August 2020

There's a lot of good reasons why people might seek out a platonic cuddle buddy or professional cuddle therapist...

They might have just gone through a painful breakup and want some support without the pressure of romantic/sexual expectations.

They might have been single for a long time, but don't want to date someone incompatible or toxic just because of loneliness or touch hunger.

They might be dating someone long distance who they don't see very often, or have a partner who can't handle much touch due to a chronic pain condition, autistic sensory issues, PTSD or other reasons.

They might want some platonic intimacy and human touch but don't feel ready for a serious relationship because of their own mental/emotional health issues or other things they are going through in life.

They might be going through a rough patch in their primary relationship, and want some extra support from a professional without cheating.

They might be asexual and/or aromantic and don't want to deal with the expectation that they will date and have sex with someone they cuddle with.

They might have just moved to a new city or country on their own, and don't have any friends, family or romantic partners who they can hug or cuddle with.

They might have a health condition such as chronic pain that is relieved by platonic cuddling.

There are all kinds of valid reasons why people seek out a platonic cuddle buddy or a cuddling service, and it doesn't necessarily mean that the person just couldn't find a partner or date. But even if that is the case, it's perfectly fine too. Finding a partner isn't easy for many people through no fault of their own.

• @TouchSanctuary ~ Your answer to this is beautiful and graciously written. I appreciate your open understanding of others and your voicing of potential "whys". 🕊

~QL