Cuddling with Reiki 💞

I am a reiki practitioner and yoga instructor , and I’ve found that so many of my clients are just dying for human contact, so much so that even a light adjustment during class can relieve even the most heavy of tension. We all need each other , and touch can be the most healing catalyst there is. I’ve decided to join this site to combine some of my favorite things ~ human contact and touch, empathy , soul connection , and reiki and yoga. Creating an hour of peace where we can heal together, creating a bubble or oasis where the rest of the world melts away, and it’s just me and you in our world of bliss. This is what I’m striving for with my cuddle practice— this is what you get when you come to visit me. I understand where you are coming from and you are not alone. This is where connection happens. Wishing you luck on your journey to finding connection and peace. May you all find Cuddlers who resonate with you. Love, Kylee (https://i.imgur.com/faiCxnG.jpg)
💞

1. Do you like to combine cuddling with any of the following?26 votes
    1. Energy Healing - Reiki
      11.54%
    2. Exercise - Yoga - Personal Training
        0.00%
    3. Massage
      46.15%
    4. Crystals
        0.00%
    5. Essential Oils
        3.85%
    6. Tantra - Soul Merging - Soul “Sex”
      11.54%
    7. Empathetic Conversation
      15.38%
    8. Laughter
      11.54%

Comments

• Sorry, but I think Reiki is bullshit.

Correction: I know it’s bullshit.

That is all.

• Everyone is entitled to their opinion on what constitutes bullshit, but everything IS energy. Maybe there is a misconception about what reiki is? It’s simply tapping into your own body’s innate ability to heal itself. You don’t have to believe in it for it to work. It doesn’t require your belief. It isn’t a belief system. It’s energy. There have been evidence based scientific studies that prove that it works , on mice and humans. So believing in it and arguing about it are kind of gratuitous. It is what it is and you can choose to educate yourself and do the research on it or not. But I know that people’s thoughts and opinions are bullshit. Energy is real.

• I think if you're getting something positive out of something that that's good enough of a reason to do it.

• I don't know that I'd be into it as part of cuddling but on it's own I've found Reiki to be very beneficial. The first time, I thought it was a crazy idea, but the massage therapist had me on my back with his hand palm up under my lower spine. It didn't feel like he was doing anything. But dang, less than 5 minutes and I could feel my nerves starting to twitch and shift, and after 10 minutes started releasing.
    I was totally sold after that! ~ No BS ;-)

• Sometimes giving something a fancy name and a dodgy "back story" can hide the fact that it works. Some people prefer a more scientific explanation, such as Oxytocin or Vagus Nerve stimulation. Ultimately, if something works for people, we should be less dismissive of it.

A person about to undergo an operation, probably has more chance of surviving, if they are relaxed by the confidence that it will work. Someone embarking on a lifestyle change, is more likely to stick with it, if they believe it will work. It doesn't matter if that belief comes from : religion, a middle-aged man in a white coat, or a horoscope. However, being right sometimes, isn't proof it will be right always.

• Calling it Reiki, rather than cuddling, might help the recipient avoid the feeling of guilt they might otherwise experience from enjoying the touch of someone.

• It is important to understand that the placebo effect is real, and it is difficult to separate the placebo effect from a real causation without a controlled study.

• Excellent points made by everyone! Thank you for participating in the discussion. 😋

• [Deleted User]creedhands (deleted user)

Just curious if you paid for this advertising space...

• Yes, Reiki is bullshit!

• @creedhands just curious why you would ask that...people use the forums to talk about what they do, and will be doing, all the time.

• Wow, tough crowd... I totally see how all different forms of connection can feed off each other. Laughter and empathetic connection are huge for so many reasons including helping to make someone feel safe and comfortable. I also don’t understand reiki but I often experience the sensation of something moving around with touch and connection. Especially when holding people dealing with grief or being held similarly.

I usually can’t help but massage people when cuddling lol

• [Deleted User]creedhands (deleted user)

@snuggleme123 the original post reads like an ad.

• I've found reiki can be quite beneficial, and I know another local pro cuddler who is doing a reiki training course and she's quite good at it. I can feel subtle energy on my head and hands so it's very real and visceral to me, but I understand it's hard to believe for people who can't feel it in a tangible way. I've also benefited from Eden Energy Medicine which is a bit like qigong.

• @kyleekryptic - You would probably get more useful data if multiple selections were possible.

• Something I find interesting is that people can do some amazing things with their bodies, and yes, placebo is very really. I think this suggests people are capable of mentally effecting our own bodies more than we have yet realised.

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)
    edited August 2020

I agree the post reads like an ad, and while I don't know anything about reiki the fact that two of the things that are in the multiple choice options are essential oils and crystals is enough to let me know what sort of camp it lies in.

As @JasonCuddles @MrPaul have said the placebo effect is a thing, when there's some kind of positive change it makes more sense to investigate it than to label it as something that has no real scientific backing. Anecdotal evidence isn't very useful for this kind of thing, full controlled studies are required.

This is also an almost exact copy of a post OP made in the pro cuddling section of the forums.

• @Zundar
    Good research. 👍

• Placebo, mind over matter, power of suggestion, or something else entirely...

There seems to be some who are actually "gifted". Whether it's because they're able to harness some sort of cosmic healing energy and use it for good, or are just good at "tricking" people into thinking they're benefiting from having hands laid upon them ~ Both result in good things for the recipient.

I think it's ultimately more about the kindness and the intention of the touch, than if one is a "believer" in "energy work" or not ~ No matter who you're cuddling with.

Personally, given a choice between the two ~ I'd much rather be cuddling with one who fancies themselves to be a Glenda than one who might have me whisked away by their flying monkeys.

• edited August 2020

I personally do not believe in reiki or other magical forms of wizardry. I am also a believer in things that can be quantified and measured, where this is not one of those things that can . However if others do believe it works I am not going to tell them they are wrong. It's their reality and their experiences. Not mine .

• So much human happiness ( and unhappiness ) depends on what is going on inside the person's brain, and that can be at a very superficial level. We enjoy movies, because we suspend our disbelief ; and choose to be "fooled" into thinking the events portrayed are actually happening, and in some cases could potentially happen to us.

A professional in the entertainment or healing "industry" genuinely wants their client / patient to be happy or get well. Perhaps their motivation is only that the client / patient will return for another session and / or give a good review ; but that is still better than all the people, who are not motivated at all. Even the most casual and off-hand salutation, can be emotionally beneficial.

However, I think there is still so much guilt and stigma associated with our emotional needs, that it can be helpful to disguise them with science, or even pseudo-science. We may be more comfortable to feel or say that we are undergoing psychological or physical therapy, or "new age" healing ; than to say we are emotionally repaired or sustained, by the feeling that someone genuinely cares about us, that we "matter" to another human being.

The server in a restaurant who says to "enjoy your meal" or "have a nice day", may not enjoy being likened to a sex worker doing their business ; but both are, for a moment of time, and at a level, meeting someone's biological need to interact "nicely" with someone else. The pandemic lockdowns have perhaps helped many of us, to understand the benefit of even those "trivial" interactions.