Is it weird to have a session in your bedroom?

Hi!
Do most pros on here cuddle in their bedrooms, or have a specific space elsewhere in their home?

1. Do you have your cuddle space in your bedroom or a separate space?61 votes
    1. In my bedroom
      73.77%
    2. Somewhere else
      26.23%

Comments

• edited August 2020

It is really more about where both feel most comfortable and safe I would think.

• I have always used my extra bedroom, and I make it a note to tell them that the sheets, blankets, pillow cases just came out of the washer, just so they don't think they been used. So for me it works great. I like to cuddle under the sheets/blanket and I make sure to say that up front. That room has it's own A/C control so I set it like 72 degree's. and I know for some of you northerner's , you may think that's not cold, but in FL., that's cold, LOL. I also have a sound machine, most of the time it's set to bubbling creek sounds. So far, about every cuddlier I have met we have met for ice cream, coffee, or lunch, to see if they feel comfortable with me and going further into the cuddle, so far I have not had a NO. I have had a lot of questions asked at our meeting, which is OK, I'm always honest & up front, we talk about boundaries. I don't believe in putting up a BIG front, no lies, as I have a bad memory, LOL, you have to have a real good memory if you go thru life telling lies.

• @waynewv
    As Sir Walter Scott says :
    "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive"

• Thank you for your responses :)

• [Deleted User]SanFranResident (deleted user)

Every pro I've seen who hosted cuddled in her bedroom. It's not weird at all. Then again, I live in a very expensive area where regular people generally can't afford many extra rooms.

• The pros that I have met with we usually start out on the couch to see if we feel comfortable with each other and if we do then yes we end up under the sheets snuggling and cuddling. No bad experiences here.

• I have a separate space in my home for cuddling - it's more like a small lounge room, as it has a sofa and mattresses that I put on the floor.

• I’ve only hosted once when I had a living situation that allowed for it and I really enjoyed hosting in my room and making a pot of calming tea and welcoming someone into my space. Didn’t live there for very long (it was in the mountains too) so i wasn’t worried about security or someone stalking me. Which is a concern and why I haven’t hosted in other places I’ve lived.

But I will say that I would die if I cuddled under the blankets in 72 degrees.

• Anything is weird if you make it that way.

• Some people think platonic cuddling is weird ; so some of the various ways of doing it, are just a bit further along the scale of weirdness.

• Professional cuddling has been rated one of the weirdest jobs....not that it's a bad thing. Normal is boring.

• [Deleted User]Mennahugs (deleted user)

In my opinion, cuddling in the bedroom increases the platonic bonding. I feel I build a stronger connection with my cuddle buddies when we cuddle on a nice soft bed instead of a couch. Plus, I like to be able to move freely.

• One pro I worked with had a guest bedroom which he used for cuddling. All other pro cuddles were setup in a neutral space/hotel room. With non-pros, their bedroom or a hotel space.

• It would be weird to cuddle in a public restroom

• @pmvines A public toilet seat probably has less germs on it than all other common areas.

• @Mike403 good point . I suppose it depends on where it is located. I wouldn't trust a Taco Bel or KFC l toilet seat. Possibly Jimmy John's or Arbys though

• I do cuddle in MY bedroom, and I call it the “cuddle room” and my office at the same time lol (office due to the fact that I work on my music projects in there too On my desktop)

• I’ve always cuddled in bedroom some people don’t have couches so it’s kinda the only place

• I cuddle in a bedroom whether it be a hotel, my bed or guest bedroom. The cuddling relationship involves a trusting bond. Trust can be established by prior communication and or a meetup before.