Face masks during a cuddle?

Covid-19 prevention....I'm just curious to know if anyone wears a face mask that covers both their mouth and nose during entire cuddle session. In replies, I would like to know if you do wear a mask how it affects you and how it affects your cuddler emotionally not being able to see facial expressions well... Thankyou...Happy Cuddles!

1. Do you wear a face mask covering both mouth and nose during cuddle sessions?22 votes
    1. YES
      27.27%
    2. NO
      72.73%

Comments

• I don't use face masks during sessions but I do require any in-person clients to sign a COVID declaration form. I also require a photo of the person's ID which indicates where they are from - so for example, I wouldn't take new clients travelling from Melbourne (Victoria) since they are having many new cases there. Luckily in my local region we haven't had many new cases, but I am still cautious so I screen new clients carefully.

• I don’t see the point. If you’re already that close to each other then it doesn’t matter.

• I am just starting limited in-person sessions next week, but will be requiring masks when inside or within six feet of each other. Masks are exactly for this purpose: in times and situations where social distancing isn't possible and/or when in a closed circulation environment with other people. Masks keep your respiratory droplets off of me, which significantly reduces my exposure to anything you may be shedding. I have temporarily stopped offering overnights. I travel full-time on the road solo with pets to take care of, so it is essential that I stay healthy as best I can. But I wish/need to start working again, so masks are a big piece of mitigating my risk. There are other things I am doing as well, but masks are an easy thing to do as the last step. We can spend some distanced time outside without masks to get some full face time as well. 😊

• [Deleted User]SanFranResident (deleted user)

I think I agree with @ILikeWarmHugs . If we're all up in each others' faces for a couple hours, I'm skeptical that a mask is doing much. That said, I don't actually have any data to back up this idea. I'd be interested if someone does.

• edited August 2020

@SanFranResident When I'm wearing my mask, I can't even feel any air blowing through if I blow while holding my hand right up to the mask. That's enough "proof" for me. As long as nothing is coming straight through it and it's not hydrophobic on the inside layer, it should catch any droplets you're expelling, which is where the virus particles are, and what gets the other person sick. I'm confident that significantly reduces risk, especially in asymptomatic carriers, who typically will be shedding less anyway. Considering you need a certain amount of particles to actually get infected, if you reduce the number you're exposed to per hour to some crazy low amount, it would take a long time to build up enough particle exposure to risk getting infected.