Booking timezone times inaccurate?

edited August 2020 in General

I've noticed this a few times, but when booking with someone in another timezone (which can even be within miles), it'll show the book time to me as if it were in their timezone, which causes confusion.

So like if say someone books at 7pm my time which would be 8pm their time, it would show the booking to me as being at 8pm for me... it doesn't happen consistently though, I've just seen it twice (sometimes it works right), and I don't remember if it's only after I book or after they book.

Has anyone else run into this?

Comments

• [Deleted User]CertifiedGent (deleted user)

I have but I make sure that when I book to mention in the message section whatever her time zone is as the time of the session and never mind what the site says the appointment is

• The timezone should always be relative to the professional (not the client). Ideally if the client and the pro are across two different timezones then the date + time displayed should show what timezone it is relative to, for clarity.

I guess in an ideal world there would be a way to set where the session will take place, that way times can be relative to that location.

• Ditto for daylight saving adjustments. If I arrange to meet someone just after a clock-change, I make sure they know which one I mean. 1am to 2 am on a specific Sunday exists twice in Autumn, and doesn't exist at all in Spring.

There are 101 ways for a meeting to fail, miscommunication about the date / time is an avoidable one.

• edited August 2020

I’ve found that it’s always set the time to the local time zone of the host. (Edit: I’ve only booked with pros so maybe it’s different for non pros). That makes sense and is how it’s supposed to be, just like how it works when you book airfare, hotel, or anything similar.

Haven’t run up against daylight saving complications... yet here’s hoping 🤞🏼

I suggest tagging the site mods if you want this to get more attention. Or post in the site suggestions thread.