A Difficult Day 🌸

"Today was a Difficult Day," said Pooh.

There was a pause.

"Do you want to talk about it?" asked Piglet.

"No," said Pooh after a bit. "No, I don't think I do."

"That's okay," said Piglet, and he came and sat beside his friend.

"What are you doing?" asked Pooh.

"Nothing, really," said Piglet. "Only, I know what Difficult Days are like. I quite often don't feel like talking about it on my Difficult Days either.

"But goodness," continued Piglet, "Difficult Days are so much easier when you know you've got someone there for you. And I'll always be here for you, Pooh."

And as Pooh sat there, working through in his head his Difficult Day, while the solid, reliable Piglet sat next to him quietly, swinging his little legs...he thought that his best friend had never been more right."
A.A. Milne

Sending thoughts to those having a Difficult Day today and hope you have your own Piglet to sit beside you 🧡

Comments

• @MissAdventurous
    What if you don't have a Piglet at all?

• I assume that's from one of the books. I like that part. I should maybe read those stories again.

• That's very sweet. Thank you for that @MissAdventurous.

• Gah.. the feels... :3 / :'(

• [Deleted User]ImajenMoon (deleted user)

Thank you for this lovely reminder! May you ALWAYS find a "Piglet" by your side on your own, occasional "difficult days!" :)
    This really hit the spot!

• Of course all 🥳🥳🥳

• If you don't have a Piglet then you join cuddlecomfort and if you can't find a Piglet on cuddle comfort then you come to the forum and talk to us. And get a cat. <3

• My mom always used to call me Piglet, and called herself Eeyore. Sometimes I think of myself as more of a Roo, which makes me wish she had been more of a Kanga. In actuality though, I think she seesawed between Owl and Rabbit.

Either which way though, sitting on a log, in 100 Aker Wood with a friend, sounds delightful!
    💕🌳

⚠️ Trigger Warning ⚠️ ~ (Remainder of Post Contains Potentially Objectionable Mental Health Humor) ~

Hrm...? I just took the "Pooh Pathology Test" from idrlabs.com and got Pooh! (with Tigger being a close second...) Huh...

Pooh (Attention Deficit Disorder)
    "Pooh has ADD, but he isn’t hyperactive as those with ADHD are. He easily gets lost in his own world and loses track of what he is doing. He has a short attention span and obsessive fixations (honey). His attempts to get what he wants are impulsive and poorly thought out (e.g. disguising himself as a rain cloud to get honey). When he gets a hold of something that he wants (honey), he keeps stimulating himself to the point of oversaturation (i.e. binge-eating). He is distractible, forgetful, and disorganized. He is inattentive and loses things. Pooh is kind-hearted and well-meaning, but also not within the bounds of normal cognitive functioning."

Oh... yep... that tracks! ~ Lol

Here's the link if you're into this sort of silliness... https://www.idrlabs.com/pooh-pathology/test.php

I don't fully agree with their DSM character correlations, but it's not meant to be taken seriously ~ so hopefully it isn't.

• "In times of stress, the best thing we can do for each other is to listen with our ears and our hearts and to be assured that our questions are just as important as our answers."
    ~ Fred Rogers

While writing to a friend earlier I glanced down and saw my "Encouragemints" tin poking out of my bag. Figured I'd share them here too...

• I always found it curious how each character in the Hundred Acre Wood seemed to represent a different mental disorder, such as Eeyore having chronic depression and Piglet having anxiety issues. I wonder if this was a deliberate choice on the part of A.A. Milne, and if so, what message he intended to send through these characters.

• edited August 2020

@littermate
    I don't like cats.

• Thanks. I am having a difficult day, and just as I read this post at the doctor's surgery, my daughter came in to sit beside me - my nickname for her has always been Piglet!

• edited August 2020

Aww!!! @Oxy_Tocin

[edit: Oops forgot to @ you!]

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

I talk to the squirrels in my yard.

I drive three hours away to hug my favorite oak tree .

I talk to the four walls in my house when I can't take two hour power walks at 3:00 am or in inclement weather.