2020 closing up

[Deleted User]tm700 (deleted user)
edited August 2020 in General

Hey, Kuddle Kittens!
How is everyone feeling with 2020 coming to an end in the upcoming months? Time really flies when you're social distancing :)

Comments

• Um...? We still have a ¼ of the calendar year left and for those of us working in or attending school, it's just beginning...

But okay...
    Quoting Dave Ramsey ~ As the Summer of 2020 comes to a close, I'm happily able to say,
    "I'm better than I deserve."

• I don't know how I feel about next year to be honest. Given how poorly the US handled the pandemic, I don't have too much hope for next year. Social distancing could remain a thing for most of next year which would prevent me from getting a job or going to school.

• [Deleted User]tm700 (deleted user)
    edited August 2020

@quixotic_life Almost 75% of the year is behind us so saying it's just the beginning is a stretch. But okay...

• [Deleted User]tm700 (deleted user)

@transgirlkatie I feel the same way too :'(

• Lol ~ @tm700
    It's the beginning of a new school year...

• @quixotic_life - School will make the rest of the year fly by for me. Summer was a drag with the social distancing and isolation. :'(

• @Mike403 ~ Ditto!

Bonus for others, it will limit the amount of time I'll be on CC so there will be less of my wack-a-do antics all over the place too (an appreciated blessing for some I'm sure...🙏 ~ lol).

Basically, come September, I'll need to be mindful about saving the bulk of my madness energy for the kids to keep them entertained engaged.🤪

Also, we'll be using a comprehensive distance learning model (🤞 I'm really hoping it meets the needs of our special ed students or I will be completely maxed out from the jump) so it may feel a lot like Spring did, where every week took forever to pass...

But yeah~It usually does fly by! We'll soon see...

• I am keeping positive about what the future holds! You can always find light in any given situation <3

• @Scarxlett - I see light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately, it's an oncoming train.

• [Deleted User]ImajenMoon (deleted user)

"It's C D O---ALPHABETICALLY. LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE!" lol <<Stolen from internet! lol

This has been a truly interesting year. A lot of growing up, maturing. I was SOOOO glad to finally get out of the house!! Now, it seems like Summer has gone far. too. soon! But...now, I get to go harvest (sustainably) wild herbs and seedpods, so I'm good!
    Also, the end of the year comes lugging Winter (shiver...ugh)--but dressing up for Halloween usually makes it worth it!
    I figure that if we're still above ground, we still have a little fight left in us!

• Well, 2020 has been interesting to say the least. It’s been kinda like a giant car crash. You know it’s bad but you look anyway. I’ll put my spiritual beliefs aside on this one.
    All in all 2020 has been a good year for me. I started my business back up and have had success with that. I’m getting engaged to the love of my life. It’s made me feel less awkward about being a hermit because everyone is now.
    As for my next move, I’m thinking of overthrowing misogyny and replacing it with the rightful owner, female energy.

• @Syrinaria how do I subscribe to that timeline?

• edited August 2020

Here in Arizona we are just waiting for temperatures to drop below 100 degrees.

• @Syrinaria @littermate & @Leonora ~ Is there room for a fourth in the order of overthrowing misogyny?

• @tm700 ~ I was having a bit of a Peanuts moment today (so good in a smoothie) and came upon this, and thought, "Yeah, for the most part it has been." So I thought I'd share it as an addendum to my initial post...

• @quixotic_life oh yeah....starts at home... yum yum yum woman!

• This is how I feel about 2020. I wish I could go back.

• Personally looking forward to the new year!