They Send Number Then Block You

I have had this happen twice where I try to set an appointment. The woman sends her number then immediately blocks me. One girl was banned right after it happened, so I can't do much now, but she blocked me here then asked me to pay for a session in advance via text. I'm not stupid, so I know it was a scheme to get me to send money then not let me leave a karma. Has anyone else had this?

1. Has this happened to you?13 votes
    1. Yes
      23.08%
    2. No
      76.92%

Comments

• It sounds like someone that doesn’t take the site rules and being a pro cuddler seriously. I don’t know any good pro that takes the whole payment upfront. Some will take deposits if they’re driving over an hour.

I’m also thinking, if they give you their contact info and then block you, maybe they’re trying to force you to take communication off site so they can book you there without having to pay the 15% to the site. I’m not sure. I feel there are probably so many more variables to this.

Either way, sounds like you dodged a bullet.

• These sounds like scams, imo, or at best someone trying to dodge the rules of the site. If you're blocked, it's more difficult to make a report which I would guess they're trying to prevent. You're right to question it.

Be safe out there!

• [Deleted User]SanFranResident (deleted user)

I haven't had that exact scam, but I've seen plenty of others. Somebody else made a post about a pro asking for payment ahead of time too. Seems kind of dumb of her to do it this way, because even if you might be willing to pay ahead of time, surely her blocking you would alert you to the fact that something fishy was going on.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but honestly for me this site is losing its appeal lately. It used to be pretty reliable and easy to book new sessions, but it gradually became harder and harder. Nowadays the large majority of pros just don't reply to messages. Between that and the scams, it's not a great experience.

@Sheena123 , I'm confident that in this case, the "cuddler" wasn't just trying to avoid the 15% fee, she was trying to take his money and not even show up to the session.

• @SanFranResident you’re probably right. 😕 I wish it was a lot harder to be a pro cuddler so there would be less flakes and those joining to scam people. Turns people off from the experience 😣

• edited September 2020

@darkmoonrising I had this happen with a lady that claimed to be a pro last year and deactivated due to Covid. Once I texted her that she was banned on the site, she messaged me back "I can't text you anymore. Sorry". It was extremely fishy behavior. Her handle is @cuddlebabe21. She even asked me if I reported her.

• I had this happen with a client who was texting me for days. Right when the appointment was supposed to begin, I noticed he blocked me. It was very odd and somewhat hurtful. I've decided not to block anyone and to just opt for good communication instead.

• edited November 2020

@DrDeb I had the same thing happen with a client. I thought that it was strange, but decided to just smile and let it go.