Can travel again - should I cuddle?

Hawaii has finally lifted the 14 day quarantine beginning October 15th, and myself and a few cuddler friends here on Maui would love to travel back to the West Coast to connect with clients.

I’m feeling apprehensive though because I’m not sure of the best ways to keep myself and clients safe. What kind of protections are people using? Are you asking for negative test results before meeting? Wearing masks while cuddling? (I feel like we’re talking about stds here 🤣)

I’d love to know what people have been experiencing and what you’re expecting in the world of covid cuddling, so I can decide if I want to invest the time and energy to take a trip back.

Mahalo!

Comments

• edited September 2020

I feel like we’re talking about stds here

You totally are talking about a Snuggling Transferable Disease. And I am curious about the responses on this as well.

• It's up to you. A pro I was seeing for 3 years stopped seeing me when all this started and told me she won't be cuddling anytime soon. I should be low risk since I live alone, work from home, and never see anyone.

• We all know the East Coast is the best coast 💪🏿💪🏿

• The West is the Best!!

• The safest cuddling method, is the same as the most convenient credit card payment method ; contactless. 😀

I know some pros are offering phone sessions at reduced price, which isn't for everyone. How about semi-"socially-distanced" cuddling ; meeting in a park or outdoor café, with maybe just feet and leg "cuddling" ? Some contact, is better than none ; and no need for face covering.

My interpretation of "being with" someone, is similar to the rule of bowls. We are "with" each other, if we are each other's closest physical neighbours, regardless of distance. The logic is that if the other person wanted to properly be physically with someone, I would be their easiest choice. The ratio of next nearest to nearest, increases that feeling ; so an island in the middle of an ocean, could be quite big.

Another way is to consider if there is no locked door between us, but there is a locked door between collectively us and everyone else outside. Sitting in a car would do that. "Relative accessibility" is probably more accurate ; if someone's bed is against a wall, they may be physically closer to the person on the other side of it.

People on this site get emotional reward from cuddling without sex ; but I also get it from "togetherness", even without contact.

• @geoff1000 - Maybe put on a full hazmat suit. You'd still get the benefits of cuddling with less risk,

• when all this mess started, I would not meet anyone, then I got to really missing my cuddle time. I live in FL., which has a very high number of affected people, so I looked at a map that showed the count by each county, it seemed about every county south of me was hit very hard, so I looked north of me, some county's only had 1-3 cases, but had no coddler's there. I live just north of Tampa, about in the center of the state, on the west coast.
    So I reached out and did find someone in the area I was going to be traveling in on an up coming road trip, so we did talk about how we were being safe. For me, I call myself semi-retired, but with the virus mess, I have about stopped all together. I transport boats, so not much contact for me, I drive up, hook up or load the boat on my big trailer and away I go. I have a small RV I use, so no need to stop for anything, it has full bath, freg-etc. I did a 1100 mile trip and never stopped and made contact with anyone, not even a fuel stop. So I think, yes, it can work, but be sure to talk about how each is staying safe.

• edited September 2020

I have been able to cuddle since all this virus talk began. It is up to you. One cuddler and I did not wear masks and I didn't miss a day from work and able to go to the library each time to do business with successful temperature checks. Another one wore a mask and I offered to wear one but the lady said I am fine not wearing one.