I paid off all my credit card debt today! Thank you!

I don't talk about my personal life or finances too often, but today felt like a good day to do that considering the circumstances and to give a big thank you to the clients that I've seen that helped me get to this point.

Nearly five years ago, I was trying to figure out how to make room in my budget to save money. Through the many people I found on the internet to try to make my financial life better, one unique marketing guy mentioned professional cuddling in passing on his blog. I immediately went to Google to find out if this was a real thing. Within two weeks I had my first client (it would have been less than a week had I not got into a car accident that messed up my back a bit almost immediately after I applied).

No way did I expect back then for this work to become my fulltime job and for me to be so deeply in love with being with people through professional cuddling, but that's exactly what happened after an awkward situation with my engineering job forced me to quit. I decided to go full force with this cuddle thing and see what would happen.

No way did I expect my cuddle practice to reach a tipping point that carried into March of this year. I really worked my butt off on reducing my debt last year, paying off quite a few debts and consolidating to one 0% intro APR. Because of the many clients I helped and worked with, I had enough proof of income to get decent unemployment checks.

Today, despite the craziness that has been the pandemic, I paid off the last of my credit card debt. I have been deep in credit card debt since early 2014 (I want to shake 24-year-old me for being such an idiot with money), and I thought I would never get out of debt and build a sustainable financial future back then. Yes, I still have student loans to take care of, but credit cards are no longer a burden breathing down my neck with high interest rates and I feel so relieved.

I know many people complain about the prices for sessions here often, but I really do believe that the prices I charge make it possible for me to pour into my clients and really give of myself to them without having to worry about my finances in the process. This work is real work, and the money you give to your professional cuddler makes a huge difference in their life. It's certainly made a huge difference in mine.

Thank you!

Comments

• @SnugglewithSam - That is awesome. I use the EveryDollar app which is the greatest budgeting tool I've used. It helped me pay off all debt except the mortgage and stay on budget.

• @SnugglewithSam
    Congratulations girl!

I know the burden debt can have on you and how suffocating it can feel to have those interest rates just accumulating with no foreseeable end in sight. To see those numbers fall to 0 is a huge relief. I'm so happy for you.

I took to cuddling here to not only help pay off debt but also find a job I love. I found both. I've met incredible people here who change my perspective on life daily. To meet people from all walks of life and give them comfort in the form of cuddle therapy is such a rewarding feeling. I'm glad you found a way to crawl out from underneath the debt by doing something you truly love. (◍•ᴗ•◍)

• @Mike403 , I love the EveryDollar app and have been using cash to pay way more often even during the pandemic (gotta recirculate those coins somehow!). Funny enough, Dave Ramsey's Baby Steps weren't the solution for me-- the $1000 starter emergency fund was not doing me any favors surprisingly. I ended up taking surplus money each month and throwing half at debt and half into savings. That saved (haha) my butt during this pandemic!

And @Envie , I'm so glad you're enjoying this work and really diving into it. I hope you continue to chuck at that debt, no matter how big or small it is. It IS possible! I'm proof. And my next goal is to keep it that way (which shouldn't be an issue even if my business completely died tomorrow-- I have some good savings to boot so I'm in no cash shortage).

• Awesome to hear that congrats ! Financial stress takes a silent toll on so many aspects of human existence , glad to hear you are all managing

• That's the wholesome stuff I like to read in the morning 🌄💓

Congrats 🐝💓

• @SnugglewithSam How exciting!!! Congratulations!! <3

• Credit cards should come with a warning when issued to young users , especially their first piece of plastic money . Much like cigarettes have a warning from the surgeon general .

• @cuddlerforu24 I had my first credit card when I was still in high school, with my parents basically co-signing it, like a loan. I don't think enough parents take advantage of teaching their kids how to use a credit card with direct experience like that. Not saying that's the case with anyone in this post, just that can contribute to problems, kids having no direct experience until they're on their own, whether at college or simply moved out. Credit cards can definitely be super dangerous, financially. Congrats to @SnugglewithSam for getting it all taken care of. 😁

• @ubergigglefritz inthinknmynfirst was a department store card just to establish credit them I ran up charges , then i had to chill on purchases.

• @ubergigglefritz - Dave Ramsey teaches to not have a credit card for any reason even if you pay it off in full every month because you don't feel the financial pain when handing over a piece of plastic the same way you would when you hand over Benjamin Franklin.

• @Mike403 That is a great strategy for people who struggle with finances, not just with spending more than you have, but if you're not saving as much as you want. In today's world, it's hard to get away from using some type of plastic though, with so much online, as even with a debit card, you don't get the effect you're talking about.

• @ubergigglefritz - I don't 100% follow what he teaches and still use my credit card(but never carry any debt over to the next month). I love his EveryDollar budgeting app. It has been a freaking godsend.

• Sounds like it's a good one. 😊

• [Deleted User]RaeLew (deleted user)

Congrats! What an inspiration <3