Enthusiast/Nonpro and overnight cuddles🤷🏽‍♀️

[Deleted User]lovelyhugs (deleted user)

I don’t have a definite stance on it. I came close a couple of times but never happened for one reason or another. My sessions are typically 1 to 3 hours. When I was first started cuddling I thought it would turn into funny business if it was longer.

Then I started reading previous posts on the subject but almost always it’s pros. Also that people want overnight sessions so they can fall a sleep with someone next to them.

I’m a pretty active cuddler so I move and touch a lot and like that reciprocated. There is no reciprocating if your sleeping. What would make that okay is
🤔 I would need to know the game plan, so as not to be disappointed by the experience.

How much sleep is appropriate? Are we not sleeping at all and better bring a Rockstar for all nighter of cuddles. Can I touch you if your sleeping? Is that weird because I would love to be woken up to cuddling? 🤣yes, I’m already giving my consent.

I’m not particularly concerned about my fellow cuddlers male member saying hello😉. It’s natural but should NOT be expected to find release with their cuddler. It happens and I just ignore it, reposition, pretend not to notice my cuddler discreetly being gone for extended amount of time, and etc. Top priority is always lots of cuddles without regret and an overall good experience. No sex.

🤔 I guess I could handle only one overnight stay a week.

Any thoughts or advice?

Comments

• I had an overnight first-time cuddle while on the road. It lasted 16 hours. It was unusual in that we had a high amount of chemistry, things in common, but most of all we seemed to generate states of comfort and contentment when we were quiet. We seemed to sleep at the same time and had similar wants overall. I think there was also something to be said about us living so far apart. We both knew this was a rare moment and we both took a risk which turned out great.

However, at home, cuddling with someone in my own general vicinity, I would expect an overnight cuddle to grow out of repeated shorter cuddles over time. I've also had cuddles that seemed better if they fell within the 1 to 3-hour range, but not longer.

I tend to trust my intuition which is pretty high and when I don't, I end up sorry. Intuitive types know the importance of time and thought. Others may journal, talk to friends (Which I would encourage you to talk to cuddle friends, not so much non-cuddlers), and anything that will help you gain added perspective between cuddles as things progress.

• [Deleted User]verona (deleted user)

I have had one overnight after I gained trust with the person but I usually keep it around 4 hours at most myself because I know how I would feel emotionally so I must limit my time.

• [Deleted User]lovelyhugs (deleted user)

@PeopleLikeUs
    THANK YOU so much!

@verona 👍🏽Appreciate the response and everyone else that might do so too. For a sec I thought it was too risqué and no one would take a chance of saying anything.

• [Deleted User]creedhands (deleted user)

I have cuddled overnight with two different non-pros. It helps to state the obvious beforehand that there should be no expectations of being awake, and what is allowed while one or the other is sleeping. That gives freedom and relaxed the mood. One of the overnighters came as a natural extension of shorter sessions that grew in length until an overnight was a natural next step. The other came after extensive conversations and the fact that we lived 3 hours apart. I would also discuss areas of time your regular sleep patterns. If one regularly sleeps from 9 pm- 5 am, and the other from midnight until 10 am, plan on at least 3 hours on either side of that 9 pm-10 am window for fully awake cuddling.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

I'm photosensitive and work graveyard shifts—any longer cuddle with me is gonna be an overnight cuddle. I won't be sleeping, though. Just can't do it during my normal waking hours. I guess for me this would be a question of overday cuddles? Hmm. I think there'd have to be a whole lot of trust going on. I definitely wouldn't do it with somebody I'd just met.

• Technical question.
    Is it easier to fall asleep when people are breathing at the same rate ; and if so, are they best to be in synch ( breathing in at the same time ), or opposite ( one breathes in when the other breathes out ) ?

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

@geoff1000: Good question. I'd guess it depends on the position. Like, if you're face-to-face maybe you don't want to be breathing in the air they're breathing out, but if you've got your faces averted maybe your torsos are more comfortable expanding only when the other one contracts (and vice versa). But I don't really know, because most of the cuddling-while-asleep I've done was when I was a kid visiting this cabin way up in the Colorado mountains with my family (plus my cousin and her parents), and I didn't make any specific mental notes so I've pretty much forgotten what worked best for sleep and what didn't.

• For any cuddler guest I might have there’s a private bath and separate bedroom ., if they want ..a good nights sleep is important , without any disturbances .

. There’s always a morning cuddle together.

• @cuddlerforu24
    Agreed ; if both participants are asleep, there's not much point. Falling asleep with, and waking up with, are however, magical.

• @geoff1000 i think that’s the point..... folks aren’t getting a good night sleep and just need someone in the bed next to them while they sleep...... I’ve learned from having insomnia how to be awake next to someone who needs me there to sleep .... however, there is no harm in sleeping at the same time..... customer is paying for that snuggle buddy... or companionship..... you would be amazed at what a difference it would make......... for somebody to do an overnight with me, I create eternity.... for a peaceful mind clearing sleep

• edited September 2020

I have had overnight cuddles and have enjoyed that with some of my clients. There was one client that I did an overnight cuddle with and he was to hansi so I up and left. See others I would wait till they would fall asleep 1st and then I would leave the Room and go to my own sleeping quarters. Then I would try to sneak in in the morning and wake him up with cuddles. That was so amazing. It wasn't like I was sneaking away we had a mutually agreed time where I would leave when he would fall asleep.They are golden for sure I wish I had more of them. Have had a couple of clients I have also slept in the bed cuddling with overnight but I have to be very comfortable with that person.

• I has a few overnight cuddles with pros and non pros. I normally do not sleep overnight with cuddles and on the first night. The few that I tried it with were amazing the trust was there and boundaries were respected for an amazing experience!

• Need Snuggles, Got Struggles

I love overnight cuddles, absolutely love them. But I hate the consequences of it the next day. You see, I can't sleep when I am cuddling. And there are a few things that may be contributing to that:

Holding the person I am with is better than any dream.
    I am used to my conscious mind being so hyper with boredom that it takes me hours to calm down and fall asleep on a normal night. I can calm down with meditation and distractions. However, when I am cuddling someone my spasmodic unconsciousness starts bouncing off the walls with giddiness I can't calm it down. Is it possible that I have gone to bed alone and sad too many times in my life, that I may be uncomfortable falling asleep when I am happy?

Hot and bothered.
    I have slept next to some very hot people in my life. I'm talking about thermal dynamics here. I have a particular need to sleep cooler than most others it seems. If the AC isn't cranked down then I prefer to sleep above my blankets. With this 98.6 degrees human furnace next to me, how am I supposed to achieve a comfortable balance in temperature?

What if I snore?
    I'm not snoring, I'm just dreaming I'm a motorcycle. If I keep them up all night, they may never want to sleep over again.

What if my butt snores?
    I can't think of anything more horrifying than fumigating for bed bugs in my sleep next to someone who has finally gained enough trust to be unconscious next to me. I'm sure they would be too polite to bring it up, but I'll still stress out the next day wondering, "He's always talking crap behind my back, what kind of trash talk was my ass spraying last night?"

• Perhaps we need some sort of EEG, so we can tell if our partner is asleep, or about to wake up.

• I heard a proposal for a hotel. After the guest fell asleep, a knockout gas would be used to keep them that way. Then they are put in a tube in the basement, and the room packed away, so another guest can check in.

In the morning, the room is set up for the original guest, who is returned to the room, and gets their alarm call, wakes up, cleans up, packs up, and checks out.

Pro cuddlers could do the same, having a few hours off while the client is sleeping.

@geoff1000 seriously... I hope you made that up. Sounds like a nightmare with a happy ending.

• @lovelyhugs
    I didn't make it up. The same person suggested long-haul flights could do the same idea : get everyone settled in a luxury cabin, zonk them out, and pack them in a cargo plane. No cost of meals or movies, and no risk of hijacking.

• Overnights are fun . I know I can be a little slow moving and grumpy in the morning lol but waking up with someone can be nice