Seattle tips and recommendations?

Howdy, everyone!

I’m visiting Seattle for a week in October and am excited to finally experience a season besides Summer! (Texas is either Summer or Summer lite year-round.) I’m looking to enjoy the city as responsibly as possible given COVID, so please share your favorite nature spots, to-go coffee/food, and any other hidden gems around town. General tips for tourists are welcome, too.

Thanks in advance,
Evie

Comments

• I took a ferry from West Seattle across to Bainbridge Island. The ferry ride was fun and the island had sweet shops and restaurants. I would have recommended an awesome cuddler in Tacoma but he's off the site because he's now in a relationship. Have fun!

The cafes and coffee are awesome. Have fun!

• [Deleted User]lovelyhugs (deleted user)

Isn’t the city Seattle built on top of an older Seattle? Where you can still tour the old city and see Hidden rooms tunnels/rooms for smuggling during prohibition?

• The space needle is fun 💓
    So is the local Saturday markets there.
    Random famous gum wall if that's your thing.
    Take a ferry to a local island, try some wine, there's some good vineyards up there.

Also... I'm going to respond to your message lol been so busy with the day job at the law office, we can talk details about when I'm up there. 😂😂

• edited September 2020

https://www.thecrazytourist.com/25-best-things-seattle-washington/

(The Arboretum and Japanese Garden would be my top picks, check ahead for Covid restrictions though)

• @littermate Visiting the islands sounds fun, I'll add a ferry trip to the list!
    @lovelyhugs I had no idea about any of that, time to take a crash course on Seattle history so I can check out some sweet prohibition tunnels while there.

@MissAdventurous No worries girl, we all have real and busy lives off the internet!

@UKGuy Thank you for the recommendations, I'm bringing my camera so the Japanese Garden would be a perfect spot to hit!

• I took my grandma to Seattle just before she passed on at the age of 99. Seattle is a run town town, but if you can, book a trip to Mt. Raineer, take a winery tour (you will see A LOT of nature) and take a boat tour on Lake Washington. Also, make sure to catch the sunset at least one night while in Seattle. (Take the elevator at Pike Place market, the hill is STEEP!) Sunsets u there are SPECTACULAR!

• @saxman I'll definitely be out there for a sunset or two, thank you for the tips :)