Pros Who Don't Respond

If you list yourself as a professional you should respond within a reasonable amount of time. I'm a very punctual person and believe everyone should be. I'm not saying in like 5 minutes but if 24 hours have gone by with response that's absurd.

Comments

• Be punctual because that's being respectful

• Especially when you send them a message, they don't respond, but you can see they "visited" your profile within the past 24 hours.

• edited October 2020

@chrichton @arzcard4life Sorry guys, but just because we're pros doesn't mean we actually owe you anything. If your intro message was weak, if you don't send a picture, if your profile isn't filled out, if you don't have any karma.... why should we have to put in 100% when so many of y'all don't even put in 50%? Check the entitlement!

• @rosehips_xx
    At least you can say. Sorry, not interested.

• edited October 2020

On this site as with life not everyone will get what they want when and how they want it . Best to be emotionally mature about it and move forward to the next task in life .

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

This is the second recent thread talking about how people should respond to messages they're sent, though this time specifically for professional cuddlers. Nobody is owed a reply, it might sting but it's just how it is. When you have limited time and resources you can't necessarily respond to everyone and a lot probably aren't responding to - from your profile you don't have a picture of yourself, and the main body of your profile isn't filled in OP.

Without knowing what kind of thing you include in your messages I can understand why you might not be getting punctual responses.

• [Deleted User]CuddleMeLater (deleted user)
    edited October 2020

This is a very well-worn topic on this forum, possibly the topic that recurs more than any other.

IME most pros do not respond, regardless of the factors @rosehips_xx mentions. Although I do think it's a good idea to make sure you've taken care of those factors (really, if you're serious about using this site, why in the world wouldn't you take 7 minutes and fill out your profile?!), very few pros visit my profile when I message them, so I don't think having karma or a nice profile will do a ton to increase your response rate.

if 24 hours have gone by with[out] response that's absurd

That's a little extreme. You can't really expect people to check the site and respond to all messages every single day.

I know of a full-time pro who regularly takes 2 week breaks from cuddling where she ignores all incoming messages whether from new or existing clients. She doesn't update her profile to reflect that she has paused cuddling, and when she resumes cuddling again she doesn't follow up on those missed messages. And then she complains that she can't get regular, recurring clients! This is obviously ridiculous, but the fact is most pros are just random people without the inclination or ability to reliably run a business and conduct effective customer service.

Ultimately it comes down to this: between pros who are just dipping their toes in the water and haven't really started cuddling, pros who actively cuddle but are just doing it part time and don't always check their messages, pros who cuddle full time but just can't manage their inbox well, pros who are picky about who they respond to based on completely inscrutable factors... yeah, most pros won't respond to your message. It sucks but that's life.

• I only know a handful of pros that actually treat this like a business. I will answer every message unless you’re being disrespectful, but even then I would probably take that as a teaching moment and tell you you’re being inappropriate. I’ve always said if you’re going to start doing this, treat it like a business. Pros actually aren’t allowed to be choosy. Did y’all know that? We aren’t allowed to look at someone’s profile and think, “ugh, he likes dogs instead of cats. Nope...”
    you can’t be picky. The only reasons we’re allowed to decline a session is because of safety reasons or if we have prior engagements.

Some pros are honestly filled to the brim with messages and you need to have more patience than wanting a response in 24 hours. That’s a bit presumptuous. But if it’s been 5 business days and you still haven’t received a message, then the pro doesn’t care about being professional. Straight up. You have to treat this like a business. If you are going to be away from the site or you know you aren’t going to answer as frequently, state that in your profile.

Either wait a little bit more and give her time to respond, or move on. Not every pro treats this like an actual profession.

• A lot of folks have this as a second or third job and like with most gig work , it is subject to the person's availability. If someone works for uber or one of the grocery delivery sites to supplement a full time job or for extra cash if you are a student, then that person is only accepting jobs at certain times and are able to pick when they want to work . I say all this to make the point that just cus you are wanting to communicate with or book with a pro does not mean they are available or are wanting to accept/review appointment proposals etc at the time that you are wanting them to . And really that is their right to do so they aren't on call 24 / 7 for you . There are plenty of folks here . Try to find a few reliable ones and stick with them.

Also something that needs to be said is dont put all your eggs into one basket. find other things to do with your time . Dont be so enveloped in feeling like you have to hire a cuddler to be happy. There are so many things you could be doing for yourself than fretting over somebody not returning your online messages. I'm not in the market to hire a cuddler but I do converse with a lot of folks on here , however I have enough sources of happiness and entertainment to where I am emotionally balanced enough to not really care if someone doesnt return my message.

• All clients are looking for a pro who is a good emotional "match" ; else they would cuddle a dog, or a pillow. If they want a pro to always reply, then a pro who does not reply to them, is evidently not a good match. That is just as effective as getting a reply from them saying, "We are not a good match". The last thing either party wants surely, is a long and ultimately fruitless email conversation.

Perhaps clients could report non-responsive pros to the Moderators, so they could see if they have a pattern of non-response ; such as an age range or a male pro ignoring only male clients. Don't "out" them in the forum ; maybe they are off line owing to illness or bereavement.

In my company, people will sometimes email hundreds of others, asking for help with something, which prompts dozens of "Reply To All" messages, saying they can't help. It would surely be better if only the useful ones reply.

The BBC Internet news channel did an article on exclusion of people from the Internet.
    The article ended, "Are you one of those people who have no Internet access ? Send us an email telling us about your situation".

If I wanted a pro cuddler who was telepathic, I would just "think about" them, and any who were interested would reply telepathically. That would be a good way to filter out those who are not telepathic. Stephen Hawking laid on party for time-travellers, and posted the invite the following day, when no-one had turned up ; this being a certain way to be sure there were no gate-crashers.

• Would everyone be happier if the term "Professional" was replaced by "not free" ?

Actors are professionals, but they get to choose the roles they play. If Producers want someone for a role, they publish as much detail as they want and invite actors for interview. Some actors might always decline the roles they don't want, those who don't reply, can't complain they are passed over next time. Those who only reply because they feel they must, probably won't have much commitment to the role.

Demanding that pros reply, is the same as demanding they act right up to CC rules, such as wearing shorts. I feel that people who do that, are treating pros as no more than a warm body ; which is fine for pros who don't mind being treated that way.

• edited October 2020

Groucho Marx said, "I refuse to join any club, that would have me as a member".

The attitude of some men seems to be the opposite, "I want without effort, a woman who won't go / cuddle etc. with just anyone".

It's like looking for a piece of wood to use as a walking stick. If you find it conveniently laying on the ground in a forest, that's probably because it was too weak to hold onto the tree, so it will also be too weak to carry your weight. You are going to have to either put in the effort to cut it off yourself, or buy one ; but even that needs some basic civility to the storekeeper.

• Like @pmvines & @Zundar have stated in theory you're not owed anything in life besides life , liberty , and the pursuit of happiness & even that's debatable in some parts of the world. My advice cast a wide net and don't fixate too much on the ones that don't respond. With all that being said we need to stop assuming because someone didn't get a response it's because their message was weak , disrespectful or didn't contain the pertinent info that pro was looking for. There are pros for whatever reason can't be bothered to return even respectful inquiries. And the fact that this keeps coming up and it's not the same disgruntled person should tell you it's a growing trend. We all have certain unfair expectations with all of our jobs I would say. I would think being a pro here is no exception to that rule and one of those I imagine is making the effort to be here and be a little more available than an average enthusiasts from a messaging standpoint.

• We should perhaps have another thread. "Clients who engage in text conversation, but end up never booking."

Imagine if our stores were full of people just wandering around browsing and asking questions about the merchandise, but never buying anything.

• A store where everyone looks and never buys anything already exists. It’s called The Sharper Image. Immensely fascinating array of gadgets, but totally overpriced and unnecessary.

• @FunCartel
    In England, we call them "museums" and you have to pay to go round.

Maybe pros should be able to charge a nominal amount for just messaging, I think someone on here recently sent "virtual coffees". At my cinema I have to pay to watch the movie, I don't get to take it away ; and shopkeepers complain at people using their magazine display like a free lending library.

• edited October 2020

If I have never met them and they don’t answer, I try maybe once more. Third time was the charm for me with one cuddler.
    Just keep in mind many have several pages of messages and it can be overwhelming.
    And then some might just not wanna cuddle with you due to your message or a myriad of reasons, who knows why unless we can read ones mind. One has to move on eventually.

• Not a good way . . .

Message 1.
    "Hi, I really liked your profile, and I think we could be a good match. I am kind, polite, and patient. Please reply."

Next day, message 2.
    "Why don't you reply, you arrogant, ignorant B!TC# !"

Until we meet, our messaging is the only way for the other person to learn about us.

• Fascinating how men put nothing in their profile, don't include a picture, don't use their real name, yet they're aggrieved about women not responding. The audacity to suggest reporting someone for not responding is petty and imbecilic.