What's your favorite hot drink?

edited October 2020 in General

I have a few but am shopping for new ideas...

caffeinated - before 3 pm please:

1) coffee with cream
2) earl grey tea, hot (milk and 1.5 sugar cubes)
3) chai
4) occasional gooood hot chocolate, whipped cream please

And the after 3 pm please options:

1) dandelion coffee (great at night) with cream
2) licorice tea
3) tulsi rose tea

And the damn, I'm sick options:

1) fresh ginger tea with lemon, raw honey and elderberry syrup
2) peppermint tea (for stomach)

You?

Comments

• I don’t drink Hot things

• [Deleted User]simone825 (deleted user)

In no particular order
    •Matcha latte with coconut milk
    •Chai
    •London fog

• @pmvines how many cups a day there mate? Black, cream, sugar?

@cosphil83 That's 'cause you already one! :)

@t_simone825 Oh, right, matcha latte... will have to figure out how to work that in. Love it iced too! Never tried London Fog - that's coffee and earl grey yah?

• [Deleted User]simone825 (deleted user)

@littermate a London fog is basically just earl grey + frothed milk + vanilla. It’s delicious and now I want one since I’m thinking about it lol

• @littermate anywhere from 3 to 6 , just a little cream or black

• edited October 2020

In the morning English tea, in the afternoon equal parts coffee and cocoa, on cool autumn/winter evenings blackcurrant tea.

• Oh my @t_simone825 I think I'm gonna have to try that!
    Wowzer, @pmvines. And you still sleep at night?
    Yum @UKGuy. We call that a mocha. I've heard good things about blackcurrant and that it's not easy to find in the US.

• @littermate uh sometimes ...

• edited October 2020

@pmvines vines impressive. My dad used to drink a lot of coffee - it was what he did during his breaks - he got up to 10 cups a day. If I drank more than a cup, I think I'd be orbiting the earth.

• [Deleted User]DarkLordChungus (deleted user)

Hotdog grease.

• @UltimateChungus Mmmm. BTW, wondrous user name.

• Coffee with cream, no sugar.
    Vietnamese coffee (that condensed milk!).
    Peppermint tea with a teaspoon of honey.
    Lemon tea with a teaspoon of honey.

I was trying to think of an alcoholic beverage, but they all remind me of hot toddies and "here, this will make you feel better" grandparents.

• Goodness, chai is so good! I like ginger tea, too, with a sprinkle or so of cinnamon...now I want some lol but its 2 in the morning

• I recently discovered decaffeinated tea, which is my usual after about 3pm.

When I'm out, real coffee is Latte ; when I'm in, normal hot tea with milk, if there's a raid by immigration officials, it's better than a British passport.

• Love chai. Hot chocolate is a classic favorite of mine and remember cuddling up with a mug of the stuff during snowstorms... perfect! Needs to have mini marshmallows of course.
    Also recently discovered matcha green tea which I love. I am a coffee girl, though, always, and enjoy cuddling up in my cafe for a cuddle session!

• @pmvines Sounds like you're a coffee champ like me, I can drink it all day too!

• @jasmineluv lol it's like my heroin I'll get dopesick without it ! Of course an actual cup.for me.is more like 2 cups based on mug size so 3 to 6 cups is really more like. 6 to 12 but can be more especially on a day like today when I am actually off work with nothing but time around the house

• Vietnamese coffee @Sideon! There's one I haven't tried. I'm gonna keep my eye out for that.
    @ValentineCloud my strong sense is that chai is the drink of the gods.
    @geoff1000 I also love lattes but forgot about them being a covid shut-in. Love that foam!
    @jasmineluv hot drinks go with cold weather cuddling don't they? I made a pot of chai for one of my cuddle partners.

I'm about to go fire up my French press after reading all these. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Another delicious hot drink is Ovaltine. Get the one that says 'Classic' or 'Original'. I make it with hot milk. It's like being cuddled from the inside.

• @littermate - I have not tried this one but it looks like it would be good.
    https://ahmadteausa.com/products/blackcurrant?variant=31951144878155

• @UKGuy wow, who'da known? And you get 12 vitamins and minerals so I think you can classify that as health food.

• That sweet creamy bean juice is a necessity. But I love chai and hot apple cider and hot chocolate!

• Hot apple cider @Sashamcgee! Another fall winner!

• Hot chocolate with cream, in a Alpine cafe, when it's 0 F outside.

• By the fire!

• Yussss @littermate 😁😁😁

• @HoldenCaulfield Awesome. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that deep voice.

• Does soup count, if you drink it out of a mug ?
    If so, Cream of Tomato