Best places to visit in fla?

I will be travelling from Michigan to Florida and I will be in Tampa going down to Sarasota what are the favorite hotspots to hit while I'm down there? I will be in Tampa the 1st night so what is around there that would be fun to do?

Comments

• My only holiday in USA was in Florida. We did Disney World, Universal Studios, and the Space Centre. I strongly recommend that you check what's open, a bad surge of Covid-19 cases could close everything.

• If you like theme parks, Busch Gardens was phenomenal. No lines. šŸ’› That's really all I did while I was in Tampa when I wasn't cuddling lol

St. Pete is about 20 mins away, so much to do and definitely worth checking out. The new Pier is nice. You can book a chartered sailboat tour, check out the beaches, do a nighttime kayak tour.
    If you like art, the Dali museum is located there.

Johns Pass is about 15 mins from St. Pete. Lots of restaurants, shops, boat tours and my favorite - drinking šŸ» at Mad Beach Craft Brewing Company. The Strawberry Sangria is dangeously delicious. Gator bites are amazing .. it's my favorite stop when I visit the St Pete area for a day of being a tourist.

Weeki Wachee Springs was recommended to me when I traveled there in August and I was not disappointed, stunning clear springs to kayak on and to see manatees.

Sorry I can suggest much for Tampa but these other places are well worth checking out.

• edited October 2020

I don't know what you mean by 'hotspots'? But if you are into nature, Myakka River State Park near Sarasota is great.
    https://www.floridastateparks.org/parks-and-trails/myakka-river-state-park/experiences-amenities-0
    And Siesta Key Beach near Sarasota claims to be the best beach in the USA.

• @Envie
    I missed Busch Gardens on my trip, many many years ago, only because the name wasn't inviting. If it had been called "Roller-coaster Park" I'd have known to go. šŸ˜€

I should have remembered the military adage, "Time spent in reconnaissance is seldom wasted".

• @geoff1000 haha I'm not a fan of Busch beer either šŸ˜‰

• @Envie
    ..... and my adrenaline-junkie friend and her daughter weren't into gardens. šŸ˜Š

Kinda like the movie "Reservoir Dogs" which is famous for having neither. Not a good date night for a Civil Engineer and a canine enthusiast.

• @Envie @geoff1000 Those places sound like they would be A-blast if I had someone else with me it's just me on this trip this time. I am definitely going to Siesta Key on the beach I am in a state in the Sun is much as I can and where some tan lines lol.
    Anybody want to have dinner with me tonight? Lol it's kinda lonely on a trip by yourself...šŸ¤—šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

• @ElleCuddleMi
    I'm afraid my Lear Jet is away having a pool table installed, else I would join you. ā˜¹ļø

• Darn it @geoff1000 maybe next time šŸ˜• šŸ¤—

• Ooh I love this thread, I so want to explore Florida @ElleCuddleMi hope you will update us on your adventures, but be careful, we avoid hotspots in 2020 ā˜¹ļø

• Daiquiri deck at siesta key. , Boca grande is a great beach, Anna Maria island

• Iā€™m not that far from Tampa, so I would highly suggest MY place for a nice cuddle , Or your place, LOL.
    North of me is famous for seeing the Manatees up close and the crystal clear rivers also

• @biancalovecraft I'm avoiding crowds but I love people watching . I'm at a great hotel called doubletree its beautiful right on the water.
    @TTT111 yes I have been to siesta key and daiquiri deck and love it...thank u for reminding me ;)
    @waynewv I'm open for cuddles anytime any day I love them. Your welcome to come by ;) i love company ā¤

• @ElleCuddleMi I believe you, it was a play on words, as I've been looking for a new place, and all the ads talk about being in proximity to "all the trendy hotspots" and I just have to groan in disbelief. Florida also seems to be going out of their way to be, well, how they're known to be...
    @waynewv I looked up crystal rivers, wow breathtaking!