Someone to talk to

[Deleted User]JonJon8604 (deleted user)

Anyone needing someone to talk to?

Comments

• I'd always love someone to talk to 😁

• [Deleted User]JonJon8604 (deleted user)

Sharing your thoughts and feelings with someone who won’t judge you is medicinal

• @JonJon8604 ~ Sooooo true!!!

I just had a 1hour 22minute and 43second phone call (thanks phone use history log!) with one of my dearest friends today. Our sharing gave way to laughing, crying, advice (given and recieved), having our feelings validated, perceptions questioned, and a brief creative musing for how to illustrate where I'm at right now which led to more laughter! I LOVE this person and how we make each other feel. Our connection runs deep, and there is no judgment on either side. When I get off the phone with her I'm more relaxed, upbeat, grounded, etc. ~ I've always been aware of how I feel about our friendship, but hadn't thought of it as "medicinal" until just now ~ And I love it!

After reading your post, I mentally stuck Rx labels on a small handful of people I hold dear, and I believe they'd do the same with me.

Hrrm... a Halloween costume idea is forming 🤔💡... and now I have another illustration to consider too... 👍

The only thing better than the dose I got today, would be to take my medicine in the physical world... I wonder how long until I'll get to connect and share space with one that's as good of a prescriptive match??? And how do I better access the CC Pharmacy/OTC section to do so?

• [Deleted User]bdwynerd23 (deleted user)

@JonJon8604 I’m going through a really horrible breakup and could use someone to chat with. My ex turned all our friends against me. He told every lie in the book to prevent communication with me.

• JonJohn deleted his account so I guess we have to live a little longer without his listening skills. That was a flash in the pan!

• [Deleted User]lovelyhugs (deleted user)

I know so weird 🤔and bit of a tease for those that would jump at the chance to have someone listen without judgement.

Sorry for the confusion. I considered deleting my account, but decided I would give it another try.

• [Deleted User]DrCuddleBug (deleted user)
    edited October 2020

@lovelyhugs I'll gladly listen without judgement. ☺️ You'll get a sympathetic (and professionally trained) ear.

• [Deleted User]lovelyhugs (deleted user)

@DrCuddleBug 🤗🤗🤗🤗
    @JonJon8604 thanks for reaching out personally to message me. I was actually referring to anyone else that might need to bend someone’s ear without judgement. Glad you decided to return.

• Welcome back. <3

• [Deleted User]verona (deleted user)

I am always up for a good convo

• I am always up for talking, listening, and guiding to help make good decisions on ur concerns, for I can not follow my own advice.... ;)

• Hey all. I would love to chat and connect as well if anyone wants to talk.

@UKGuy very interesting read... thank you for sharing.

@littermate thanks 😊

@verona @Anna1970 @johny18 and anyone else... I’m here if y’all want to chat.

• @JonJon8604 I am open to listening without judgment and being supportive if interested.

• @FishCuddles I think you went and scared him away

• Ya hate to see it happen.

• Always here too

• I talk all day at work, at the end of my day, I’m all talked out. Sitting in silence is a good thing sometimes.

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

Sincerity without follow up action is nothing but flattery. This is only to reinforce the point that talking to someone who truly hears you and makes you feel heard is very therapeutic. However only if the gesture is sincere. And you know it's sincere when there's follow up action to reach out and reach back. At times to even check in.

I truthfully mean no ill intent by saying the above.

I'm just coming from a place of life long isolation. Some of it self imposed. Some of it due to extenuating life circumstances. Some of it due to the normal ebbs and flow in familial relations. Either way I bring a lot of hard won self conscious awareness with all that. Having lived a loner life for much of my life I made the time and effort to look deep within myself to heal and punish and torture myself . It's been a long-term on going process of self evaluation and constant introspection. And while it has made me stronger it has also kept me deeply disconnected from people. Hence my general cynical read of everything I see and hear. I take everything with a grain of salt. Even as I acknowledge the good intentions in others. And even as I do deeply appreciate and value the humanity in others: good and bad.

I write this with deep sadness. I have been struggling with multiple medical issues in the last several years. The healthcare system can only do so much. When your options are limited you need to have that something deep inside you that keeps you lifted and positive. That keeps you smiling. And faith in a bigger power is not the only something.

Sometimes just having someone who truly listens without judgement, without interruption, without expectations and hidden agendas is what a person needs to hang in there one more hour, one more day, one more thought. And it doesn't have to be all the time. It's just the consistency of knowing that whenever I communicate with you I am going to be heard by you. The time will be made to engage me for five minutes or twenty minutes or however long one's schedule allows one to afford such time. Sometimes just the effort is what counts.

And what is talked about doesn't always have to be about personal stuff. It can be about anything of interest to both or all parties. Just as long as there's some kind of communication. That's all.

And it really should be reciprocal too. Giving and receiving in a shared interaction.

For me that's a utopian ideal. Even on a platform like this. It's just neither viable nor sustainable for me to really expect to have such luxury. That is to have someone or several people at different times to talk to in an interaction in which I feel heard. Even with the most caring person on here. Even within the context of the one or two amazing cuddle experiences I have had. For me it's just very unrealistic for me to expect that any one of these human beings truly have or want to make the time to be that therapeutic listening ear. Maybe . But it's just not been my experience on here. Still for others it is.

And I absolutely acknowledge that.

All the pain I'm feeling in my bones now is made more bearable by just penning this. Maybe for me it is enough.

• edited October 2020

@pmvines His account was deleted before I responded. I replied late anyway in case he becomes active again, not sure how it happens but I have seen some people delete thier account, only to become active again in the same account. I did not scare him away lol 😂

• It does feel good to talk to someone who will not judge you, or knows anyone of your friends and or family.
    while having a cuddle sometimes we talk a lot and sometimes we didn't talk much at all and fell asleep.
    I find the topic goes into places I've lived and and school days and things we have done as teens, as it always seem to be better days. I have told a complete stranger things that I have never told anyone, even my best friends or family, it seems so funny, afterwards I think, OH MY, I talk to much, LOL. But I did feel better !!!!! Of course I would never review to anyone what was said, to me it seems to build trust to be truthful !!!