Virtual Cuddling

Hey everyone! 🤗 I am so happy to be a part of this community. I noticed that there are a lot of new people here, so I wanted to bring up the topic of starting with virtual cuddling then working your way into physical cuddling. What are you’re thoughts on this?☺️

1. Virtual Cuddling26 votes
    1. I think it’s a great ice breaker
      46.15%
    2. I’ve never done it
      53.85%

Comments

• [Deleted User]verona (deleted user)

Part of me wants to try this but I am unsure how to start or how it would go.

• @verona I think that’s what stops a lot of people! I also think sometimes we forget the power of an amazing conversation between two people. It feels like that person is in the room with you and can be very comforting and fulfilling. 😊 thoughts?

• I think it’s good to do in virtual cuddle then transitioning to physical cuddle
    You get a sense of a person and see if your energy matches theirs

• I've started practicing somatic self compassion exercises that involve touch, so I think something like that could be incorporated into a "virtual cuddling" session. Or perhaps some guided visualisation. I have never done virtual cuddling though - I have done a virtual session with a client but they just wanted to chat.

• I have found it to be very rewarding, you get to know the person more. I have never done it before having a cuddle, but I can see how it would help to get more comfortable with a person before meeting them. I would think for a female it would be a very good idea. I have done it several times since this virus mess started with persons I have cuddled with and it's nice to see how they are doing and to know they are OK.

• Greetings all.
    How does virtual cuddling work, exactly?

• Yes it worked for me

• What do you people even do in a Virtual cuddle, besides watch a movie together?
    Genuinely curious!

• I use Skype. A Skype session is whatever makes you comfortable! Some have the phone positioned so we’re chatting while laying down, or just simply sitting on a couch talking away. I’ve had some that like to sing with me, others play word games or board games. If you have suggestions, I’m certainly open to learning new ways to Skype!

• @Sheena123 - I've been too afraid to even try a virtual session due to my social awkwardness. At least actual cuddling can be done in silence.

• @Mike403 yea it would be a bit awkward having a virtual session just staring at each other silently lol

• @Sheena123 yeah some people are into eye gazing etc I just think it is too uncomfortable

• @pmvines I think it’s something I would be super uncomfortable doing in general but it would seem more understandable in an actual physical cuddle. You’re able to hold them and adore them in different ways while also doing the eye gazing thing but for a virtual session, there is absolutely nothing else to do for each other during this eye gazing, so it’s just an hour of heavy breathing and staring lol 😂

• @pmvines @Sheena123 - Technology will get to the point someday when we'll be able to touch each other from a distance. Virtual reality is very relevant now.

• @Sheena123 eh its a bit too girlfriendy for me

• @Mike403 I could totally see that happening. What a world

• I recently had my first virtual cuddle session. (I am an experienced physical cuddling client.) It was half an hour, with a professional I rate very highly and who I know well. She was in fact the very first pro with whom I cuddled.

I wasn't quite sure what would happen. I knew it would be easy, because we know each other and get along. We could easily chat for half an hour .... except we wouldn't, because she would regard that as a boundary infringement.

We did various self-massage (head and neck) and breathing exercises together. I shut my eyes and pressed my palm with my other thumb as if she was doing it. The thing I found best was hugging myself while she did the same, and then gently swaying together as if we were actually hugging. The swaying together was my idea and didn't work all that well due to the time delay, but still ....

Overall it was a surprisingly beneficial experience. It worked, it really did.

• I sometimes fell asleep in voicechat with some of my friends on discord. Virtual cuddling make sense to me as sometimes I do not feel like sleeping alone. Just having someone on audio or cam help me feel less lonely. I sometimes would read a short story or the chapter of a book. Its an option if your client doesn't want to have a convo but still want to hear a voice.