Do you know the enneagram 9 personalities?

[Deleted User]Ennea2HugU (deleted user)

I love psychology and personality stuff. My user name is actually a play on words refering to the fact that my enneagram personality is a 2 a.k.a. the helper. My heart's desire is to love and be loved in return (very Moulan Rouge)
Anybody know their type? Or just curious about the enneagram in general?

Comments

• Oh yay!! Mine is 4 2 5 they all had very close percentages when I did the test (with 4 being just a smidgen higher). Are the lines between the numbers to show compatability or...?

• [Deleted User]DarkLordChungus (deleted user)
    edited October 2020

I find it curious that all of these traits are positive ones.

• @UltimateChungus
    Emotional... 😭 ...is positive...?
    It doesn't feel positive...

And detached, critical, anxious...? Plus the ones that can easily lead to doormatary? I don't know... to me there's a bit of darkness to beware of beyond the pretty rainbow veneer...

• Ooooh yes I've read about the Enneagram! I relate most to Type 2 and Type 6, but I have a few traits of 4, 7 and 9 as well. :)

• edited October 2020

I’m a 1 wing 2. That graphic makes ones sound pretty terrible, though. πŸ˜“

• I didn’t know that enngramms were a real psychology thing ! I thought that some script writers made up the term β€œ engrams” for a Star Trek episode many years ago .

• [Deleted User]Ennea2HugU (deleted user)

@cuddlerforu24 it's been around a looong time. I can't remember when it first appeared though.

@EGio sorry. I honestly just looked up the graphic and picked one I found visually pleasing. I should have looked closer. 1s are great. We need them. They are the ones that help to keep the world fair, advocate for justice, and are probably the ones that gave is things like day planners, Tupperware, calenders, color codes, anything that helps keep us organized and clutter free.

@UltimateChungus the graphic is just a very surface summary. If you go to EnneagramInstitute.com you find much more in depth disruptions and explanations. They all have the positives and negatives. 2s, for example when not healthy are very clinging, codependent, and manipulative. Enneagram is motivation (where as Myers Briggs is behavior based) based so testing is difficult. It is best to read about each kind and look deeper into the ones you feel you resonate with. Testing can help to make down your search.

@quixotic_life the lines show how a personality will digress under stress, and grow when at there best. For example, I, as a 2 with postpartum depression act out as an unhealthy 8 as a survival instinct. So when triggered in my state I act very it of character with aggression, looking out for number one, bulldozing over people to get done what needs to get done. However, the other line shows my growth. So in growth I will become better at expressing my self, and take care of my self so I can love others better. My growth looks like a healthy 4. 2s at average tend to ignore their own needs and feelings so to serve others, when healthy are altruistic.

@TouchSanctuary to further narrow down, it really helped my husband and I to look at the core heart motivations and fears. 2s want to love and be loved in return and fear that they are not truly lovable. 4s (are complicated) want to be accepted and understood but at the same time unique and mysterious, and fear that there is just something wrong with them and will never be truly known and accepted or that they are not special. 4s often mistype and are a more rare personality. A lot of your broody musicians and artist are 4s.

• I've never really been too keen on personality tests and the labels like EFNP etc. Too many variables and personality and behavior can be pretty fluid. That said I do think it is interesting to see where people fall

• I am 9 but I don't recall my wing

• @Ennea2HugU ~ "4s (are complicated) want to be accepted and understood but at the same time unique and mysterious, and fear that there is just something wrong with them and will never be truly known and accepted or that they are not special. 4s often mistype and are a more rare personality. A lot of your broody musicians and artist are 4s."

After reading this I had to go back and check if all three were actually equal. Nope! I'm mostly a 4 and your quoted bit up there is spot on!

Specifically these two bits:
    β€’ 4s want to be accepted and understood
    β€’ fear that there is just something wrong with them and will never be truly known and accepted or that they're not special.

Yep ~ that all tracks. πŸ˜₯

And "unique"... Yeah, my entire life I've been told I "have a unique way of being in the world". That my way of understanding, interpreting and explaining the world as I see it is unique.

Anyway, even if the test is wrong, I'm pretty sure I haven't mistyped myself. But maybe... πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Guessing I should have read this as, "4 with a 2/5 wing split"?

Thanks for sharing this btw!!

• edited October 2020

I haven't heard of this before. This is interesting. But I always think it's interesting how they tend to group certain things together, and I don't think everyone is really a perfect fit into any of the categories. I'm familiar with Meyers-Briggs, and I've also heard of personality types 1 & 2.

@quixotic_life I don't think emotional is negative, necessarily. It doesn't strike me that way, anyway. Emotional can just mean you're in tune with your feelings, which isn't a bad thing (and can be a good thing). I think "emotional" can imply a certain emotional intelligence.

There might be certain degrees of meaning to the others too. "Detached" can sound like it can be a bad thing, but perhaps it can also mean being able to keep a certain calmness in stressful situations, which can be a good thing. But I don't know how all these terms are defined here.

• Aww... @FlyingToaster... Swooping in and dropping warm fuzzies!!! Thank you ~ Those are much kinder ways of looking at those traits 😊

• [Deleted User]verona (deleted user)

• I think I am 2 7 8 ?

@FlyingToaster you get this. The more I read on the types and their traits the more I see that the traits in themselves are not bad or good but do have their healthy/positive side and the unhealthy/negative side.

@quixotic_life it looks to me that you are a 4 with a heavy wing 5. Meaning you are creative, emotionally intelligent (thanks @FlyingToaster) and that heavy wing 5 probably shows up in your thirst to discover, learn, and research. The 2 should be what you digress to under stress. Do you find yourself becoming a people pleaser, and clingy when you are in survival mode?

I think I have that right. I am not an expert I have just read a lot. Also, my husband is a 4 with a heavy wing 5 (I am fairly familiar πŸ˜‰) When he and I first started dating he was operating out of his survival 2 because his upbringing.

• 8 with a 7 wing, or 7 with an 8 wing. I can go either way.

• 4 wing 5. Probably about level 8 right now. I've studied the Greek zodiac before, but this was still quite the eye-opener. Many thanks!

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

I took a few online Enneagram tests a few years back. Evidently I'm either a 5 or an 8.

I've always been interested in the various systems for the classification of personality. They're fun. I'm especially interested when there's overlap: my Enneagram results are reminiscent of my results for the Greek "four temperaments" thing. Evidently I'm both choleric and phlegmaticβ€”very 8 / 5.

Can't speak to accuracy, but it is diverting.

• I think I am 2.

• @Ennea2HugU What a FUN thread!! Thank you for starting it. I LOVE all sorts of personality discussions. The personality hacker is a pretty fun diversion as well. @DarrenWalker Thank YOU for your use of the word DIVERSION!!!! hahhahaha

Welcome to the site and THANK YOU FOR BEING A PRO!! What a fabulous profile you have. We enthusiasts girls (speaking of the ones I have talked with) are so very thankful for you. I think EVERYONE is grateful for the professionals.

@UltimateChungus

I find it curious that all of these traits are positive ones.

This was such an interesting statement. Depending on your perspective, I think ALL traits can be construed as positive OR negative. If you ARE more introverted and shy, you probably would think it was a good thing until your friend wanted to throw you a party and because they ARE more extroverted and wanted to invite 30 people. I think there are benefits and detriments to EVERY part of our personality. I think it is a lovely thing to learn how to APPRECIATE all the different aspects of humans without feeling as though we have to RELATE to them.

@EGio Its sad to me that you feel like those qualities are terrible. You guys are so AMAZING AND MUCH NEEDED in our world.

I’m a 1 wing 2. That graphic makes ones sound pretty terrible, though. πŸ˜“

CONSCIENTIOS!!! Yes please. CRITICAL.... Thank goodness! We need critical thinkers who can analyze and fix problems. For example..... YOU are the kind of personality I want when someone is building an airplane or making sure that safety after terrorist attacks remains a thing we can all trust and count on. Someone who has the ability and PERSISTENCE to actually finish a job instead of just being a visionary and getting for the next project because it is fun to START!!!

@FlyingToaster YES!!!!! So well said. 😊😊😊

@Ennea2HugU I absolutely LOVE this with ONE tiny little change.

πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’₯πŸ₯°πŸ’—So in growth I will become better at expressing my self, and take care of my self so I can love myself and others better. πŸ’₯πŸ₯°πŸ’—πŸ’•πŸ’–

I am familiar with Meyers Briggs and I LOVE the Keirsey Bates version called "Please Understand Me" which moves into learning to accept and appreciate others because we can understand each person coming from a different frame of reference. I CAN'T WAIT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ENNEAGRAM!!!!! YES I AM SHOUTING!!!!! 😁

@quixotic_life you are so stinkin' cute. SWOOPING IN..... BEST thing EVER!!!

@sillysassy thank you! Your are so encouraging, and I love your enthusiasm.