Virtual Cuddles?

Nothing compares to the deep satisfaction and sense of safety that comes from a good cuddle. With COVID, my very small circle of close people that I can normally cuddle with is now down to 1, sometimes even 0 when we are being extra cautious.

I really miss that kind of connection. I have one person in my life that is on board with getting creative around virtual cuddles. We put on a Netflix show, use the party extension so we can sync, pause, chat, use the bathroom, etc., and have a tiny zoom window in the corner of the screen. I have a big body pillow, turn down the lights and get cozy. Sometimes we close our eyes and tell each other how we are holding each other, and send energy.

It's pretty good!

Are you doing virtual cuddles? If so, what creative ways have you found that gives you some of the benefits of in-person cuddles? How are you finding people to do this with?

Comments

• I do virtual cuddles. We watch a movie together, chat, listen to music etc.

• [Deleted User]bobkhn444 (deleted user)

Something like Fake cuddles

• I use skype. A Skype session is whatever makes you comfortable! Some have the phone positioned so we’re chatting while laying down, or just simply sitting on a couch talking away. I’ve had some that like to sing with me, others play word games or board games. If you have suggestions, I’m certainly open to learning new ways to Skype! I’ve just had people message me saying they’re interested. I don’t go searching. If someone wants to video chat, they will come to me when they’re ready

• There’s one pro I Skype with harasses me about my music and snack choices.

• @hugonehugall mate we're all on the rota for harassing you about your music and snack choices, it's just their turn.

• @hugonehugall lol!!! And I’ll keep doing it!! 😂😂😂

• I've heard of virtual cuddles but have never gotten one. Oh that sounds so great! Back in the day when we were all AIM friends and stayed up late watching the same shows. I want this!! Someone virtual cuddle me!

• edited November 2020

I would love to hear from more people about what kind of cuddling happens during a virtual cuddle session. I appreciate every response I’ve read, so no offense, but it sounds more like company keeping than cuddling— except for what @xelda said about telling each other how they were holding each other. I would like to hear more about that. I spoke with a pro cuddler who mentioned doing a mirror exercise in which the initiator would stroke the side of their face, for example, and the copier would mirror that action. Has anyone done that? Was it satisfying?

• edited November 2020

It varies enormously from person to person. I have found that, even though you might be doing something to yourself (stroking, massage, hugging) the presence of the other person makes a huge difference. You can hear their voice, you can see them and they are probably doing the same thing as you. They are very present, and that turns out to be a Thing.

If you don't believe that their presence makes a difference to how you will feel, consider this. Dealing with an intimate itch in private is one thing: dealing with it if there is somebody looking at you is quite another.

If you want to try an online cuddle (and you should) I very highly recommend Nordic Cuddle. Some of their practitioners are listed on here (Laflaka and Kristiinacuddle: HuddleCuggle hasn't logged on for quite a while) and while I'm not sure if those particular people do online sessions you might as well ask them. The founder, Rebekka, does virtual sessions and she is very good indeed. She is the leading cuddle practitioner in the UK and is all over the media.