Marriage?

On 8-20-2016 I met emissary2ornj at mcdonalds for a pre-cuddle date. A few hours later we were happily married!!!! Truly love at first site. We both now have a lifetime cuddle partner in each other. Has anyone else met their spouse on this site? 

Comments

• Yeah, me. Oh, wait....

*crickets*
  • Oh my, guys, that's insane :) big, big congrats! Wishing you all the best!
  • Thanks, bluestripes!! Yep, definitely insanity
    :-P 
  • [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
    @50statecuddlr That's nice. Can you please stop spamming all over the forum?
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Congrats to you two. I find it rather odd to make such a big step so quickly,  but each knows best for themselves. Please feel free to continue to share your joy. It is much nicer and more positive than reading the whining that to often passes for intelligent interaction in the forums.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    *too*
    edited September 2016
    @Arielle you know that there is an edit option for comments? Edit*
  • Thanks, @Arielle! Kind of hard to contain joy.  ;-)
  • Getting married after knowing each other for only a few
    hours does seem odd, but I have a story.

After WWII, my dad’s submarine stopped in New Orleans on the
    way home. While at a table drinking with his Navy shipmates my mom and her
    sister walked by the table. My dad looked at his buddies and pointing to my mom
    told them that is the woman I am going to marry. Literally, love at first
    sight. He proposed two weeks later and here I am.

They were married until their deaths until a few years ago.
    Only time will tell.

• [Deleted User]Kuddlebunny (deleted user)
    That is simply extraordinary. Congrats to you both! 

Wow.
    Hugs to all!

• SnuggleSymmetry, ever heard of not saying anything at all if you don't have anything good to say? He's mentioned it on what, like 3 topics? I think it's really nice to read, beats most of the stuff you have to say most of the time...

Congrats you two! To be honest I find the idea of getting married just a few hours after meeting a little...odd, but it's still really nice to hear about and am happy for you both, if you're happy then all that matters, right? :)
    @willmott2k10 More like 5 topics. It's annoying and only a few people care. I don't care about your opinion either.
  • You know, most people who don't care for my opinion wouldn't take the time to reply to it, and don't get me started on you thinking you can speak for everyone when you say only a few people care...I'll leave you to ponder on your idiocy.
    Well let's see now. He posted in somewhere around five topics and only like 4 people congratulated him. These were topics unrelated to marriage and I'm not counting this one. Someone is going to get annoyed with his spam. Criticizing him for his annoying spam does not make me a bad person.
  • You're replying a lot for someone who supposedly doesn't care what I have to say. Funnily enough you're the only person who seems to be getting worked up over this guy supposedly spamming the forums, have you considered just ignoring it? In a few days, his posts will probably be buried under new posts anyway...
  • I believe some major congratulations needs to go out and I do believe that if you people have nothing nice to say then don't say anything...I wish I could be so lucky to find my true love and marry him whether it be a couple of hours or a couple of years that we know each other.....give them a break only your heart knows whether that is the right one for you or not.....glad that you two found each other and hopes are going out for a great life together.
  • That is very cool. I wish you two many years of happiness. 
  • [Deleted User]silky_sifaka (deleted user)
    This is ridiculous and adorable. Best wishes :)
  • edited October 2016
    Thanks @50state for the smiles and the encouraging words.

P.S. Why did you bring this up in only 5 places? Why not 50 or 500?

• Go tell it on the mountain...
  • [Deleted User]PJLion (deleted user)
    I hear more and more stories like this these days of couples married for many years after only knowing each other but a few moments before tying the knot. I met one woman the other day who married her man online! I did not even know that was possible but they met, got separated by work commitments, and had proxies stand in for them at the courthouse. In about a month they will reunite, this time as a married couple. Congrats you two. Wishing you many years of happiness. -PJ
  • edited November 2016
    @PJLion: Wow! That is a great story. To all the well-wishers here: Thanks for all the kind words good wishes. We're about two and a half months in, and so far, so good ;-)
  • Hello, everyone :) We've passed our five-month mark and are still enjoying life on the road together (documented at http://78squarefeet.silvrback.com). After catching up on some of the threads here, I see it's still a struggle to find a good cuddle partner or even one good cuddle date. :/
  • Six years in and counting! Still enthusiastically married. @50statecuddlr wants it to be known we are also still cuddling. We are still living in a camper but leaning more and more toward settling down with land and a house.

I want to flesh out our story a bit to clarify the role this site played in it, and my intentions for using it.

So this site was where we first found out about each other. I was absolutely not on here for anything other than platonic cuddles. To the best of my knowledge, neither was my husband. We were up front about our intentions. I'd only been on the cuddle-scene (is that a thing?) a few months. I had one other cuddle date but it was not through this site. I was very clear about my intentions to my future husband, and had some very direct questions for him. I figure if you're going to meet a stranger for the intimacy of even platonic cuddling, you need to be up front from the beginning.

Long story short (and only in part), I'd I wanted to travel the states full-time in an RV of some sort. @50statecuddlr was already doing that, having done most of the conversion work himself on his vehicle and camper. I knew nothing about solar but needed to; he had put together his solar charging system himself. He had serious knowledge and experience I needed. We messaged sporadically for ~2 months before he decided he was putting my location on his trip itinerary for a cuddle date and full-time RVing education fest. We exchanged phone numbers at that point.

Once we started texting and talking, a second common interest came up - spiritual experiences. I won't go into it here (many more details on our blog), but in less than two weeks of intermittent conversation, there were some incontrovertible signs this person was going to be The Person for me. Feelings (falling in love) and all the relationship stuff (getting to know each other) would have to get sorted along the way. This was pretty much inevitable. We exchanged numbers on a Monday afternoon. We discovered the second commonality, discussed our separate pasts and current situations in much more detail, and by the following week I'm pretty sure we both knew where this was going. Two Mondays after exchanging numbers, we'd been married one full day.

As far as modern society, conventional wisdom, and vigilant mothers' best advice go, this whole thing is BIZARRE. Bizarre that it worked. Bizarre that neither of us got hurt. Bizarre that we are still together. I'm talking off-the-charts borderline unbelievable. And I'm LIVING it! But it's real, and it happened.

I realize we are “off the market” for cuddles – but I hesitate to take our accounts down. Nostalgia? The site is an integral part of our story. Leaving a bit of positivity on the often-gloomy internet? I acknowledge there is little rational reason to maintain our accounts... perhaps one day we will bow out.

Until then – happy cuddling! Be safe, know your boundaries, and communicate, communicate, communicate!

• Hooray! I'd heard of this story, but I'd never seen this thread or known any details. It's quite thrilling to discover that it really is true, and to get some more details. Thank you for telling us.

Please keep your accounts open for as long as you are comfortable doing so. You are part of Cuddle Comfort history!

• When I read the first comment, without noticing the date, I was skeptical and waiting for the punchline.
    But of course, anything is possible!
    It does happen that over a period of 2 months you both recognized you were meant to be together. (It happened to me and my ex in 2 months also and met through a personal ad way back before the internet!)
    So happy for you both and hope you have a long happy life together.

• Up up up ⬆️
    This thread should be always on the top 10 thread ! What a positive love story
    Thank you for sharing 😊 I start to believe first sight love again 💕
    Wish you two all the best !

• This is so beautiful! Congratulations to you both 💛

• [Deleted User]CuddlelessinLB (deleted user)

Thank you so much for sharing and for coming back for an update!!!

This is so beautiful. Many congrats and many many more years to you both!!! ❤️

• [Deleted User]Nina_Mitchell (deleted user)

Freakin awesome