Boredom

[Deleted User]Ebow87 (deleted user)

It sucks being a male professional on here so please come by and say hi.

Comments

• Just a thought, since demand for male enthusiasts is few and far between, it might be helpful to put on the profile if the male pro is okay with traveling, and if so how far.

• [Deleted User]Ebow87 (deleted user)

@sunnysideup oooh, thanks bud. I'm still kind of new so I appreciate the tip.

• [Deleted User]CuddleMeLater (deleted user)

Or just give up. Really. I have yet to hear of a male pro who has had a single female client. I'm sure it has happened at least once at some point, but it's so rare why would you bother?

@CuddleMeLater 😄😄😄😄. I guess you're hitting me with the harsh truth?

Yeah that's the idea. New male pros sign up and post on the forum on a regular basis. None of them get clients. They always leave before long.

@CuddleMeLater I think I still have some fight left.

• @Ebow87 I don't think you'll make any money, but you have the potential to help a few depressed and lonely ladies out. The ones that are willing to hire a pro are likely hundreds to thousands of miles away, though.

And your photos are fine, but the standard is a bit higher for professionals. Might be worth to get a few headshots from a pro photographer.

@sunnysideup hmmm, I may look into that. I didn't it was like that on here 😄😄

Think*

• edited January 2021

In order for a male professional to be considered (so paying money), the professional profile needs to be more appealing than the free enthusiasts. Else, why pay? Atleast, that's the way I see it. Considering female enthusiasts have many options and run into many knuckleheads.

I'm not trying to depress or discourage you, just trying to give you the best shot possible from what I've seen on this forum over the past couple of months I've been on here. I don't know everything, and some of my advice has been wrong in the past, but that's what I've picked up on.

@sunnysideup understood. I guess I'll try to be better lol. At least I know now.

• @Ebow87 there are potential female clients out there. But I have yet to see a professional male who is willing to do the work in order to make themselves a viable proposition.

At the simplest level, a three line profile isn't going to cut it. The successful female professionals mostly have many paragraphs.

Successful professionals spend months thinking about what cuddling means, and the effect it can have on people. Many have a background in a care industry.

How are you going to deal with a client who, the last time she was touched by a man, it was the doctor examining her after she had been raped? What chemicals are released by the body during touch? Does it have to be skin to skin, or can it be through clothes? How else are those chemicals released, and what do they do? What are the covid laws and regulations currently applicable in your state? What are you going to say if a client strips naked in front of you? Why would a woman pay you for a cuddle, when there is a guy who is better looking and lives closer to her? There are a number of training courses out there for cuddle professionals: how many have you completed?

I don't care about the answers to any of these questions, but if you haven't thought about that kind of stuff you are never going to get anywhere. I've thought about all of these, indeed discussed some of them with people including cuddle professionals, and I'm just a random enthusiast.

Don't get me wrong, I wish you every success and I'm sorry if I come across as unnecessarily harsh. But at present your profile just screams, "I have no idea what I'm doing - you are DEFINITELY NOT emotionally safe in my hands" You don't even have a photo that isn't a selfie, and that in itself just good old fashioned red flag for any profile, never mind a professional.

@CuddleDuncan Yeah, I'm definitely a noob. You have given me alot to think about, sir.

• @Ebow87 Good! Have a think, and turn out to be an amazing cuddle professional!

This is a lot of work you guys are suggesting to enter a market that doesn't even exist. If I wanted to sell old toenail clippings, there's all kinds of ways I could try to market them, to make them look like the best toenail clippings ever, to describe them in just the perfect way... and none of that will do one bit to change the fact that there is no market for toenail clippings.

Similarly, there is no market for male cuddlers.

• edited January 2021

It'd be good to see a successful male professional profile, for a change, so I'm rooting for you. @Ebow87. Like @CuddleDuncan said it will take some work. I'd consider doing it myself, but I fear I'm not handsome enough for the job.

• edited January 2021

there is no market for male cuddlers.

Yes there is. It's small, but it exists. And anyway, ten years ago there was no market for female professionals.

We live in a touch-deprived society. The potential market is vast.

Male professionals will indeed have to create the industry in their own area. But they are not going to do that if they aren't not sufficiently knowledgeable to attract clients even if there was an active industry.

Oh, and you could easily make a market for toenail clippings. The problem is not selling them, it's the cost of collecting them.

• @CuddleDuncan

Yes there is. It's small, but it exists. And anyway, ten years ago there was no market for female professionals.
    We live in a touch-deprived society. The potential market is vast.

Ideally, I'd think there would be a market for both male and female professional cuddlers. I've seen some people describe it like a type of therapy, like a therapist or a masseuse - and if that were really the case, I'd think gender would not be much of an issue. But I know there are differences between cuddling and emotional/mental therapy and massage. The dynamics in Western culture seem to be that men are stereotypically "supposed" to be more tough and women are usually seen as more nurturing, which may have something to do with it. Also, I'm sure that the fact that there are a lot of creepy guys out there unfortunately is a factor too.

• [Deleted User]mally (deleted user)
    edited January 2021

@CuddleMeLater I’ve met with him quite a few times. He is the reason I became a professional.
    Cuddle me later or just not at all? Ahah wow

@mally I still have alot of work to do 😘😘

• @Ebow87 ~ I think the pics of male pros who depict a sort of, "I'm open, loving/can be supportive and I take this seriously" are the best! And one that shows them in their snuggle space, so visualizing cuddling with them is easier to do, is a huge plus.
    Just like for a lot of men, a picture can make or break a lot of woman feeling good about clicking "message" (to a pro or otherwise).

@quixotic_life I have so much to learn. I feel overwhelmed with all this advice.

• edited January 2021

@Ebow87 ~ Aww... lol! Maybe just let it all collect for the night and do something else/re-visit this tomorrow??

Because if it's overwhelming and/or not fun ~ it's time for a break/it's best not to entertain that kind energy when you're trying to present your best self anyway. 😉

typo edited

• Moving this entire thread to Cuddle Requests-->Pro Requests. Remember, Pros, no advertising.

• @Ebow87 If you've met up with an enthusiast, you are doing something right. But being a male professional really is on a different level. Step by step, I believe in you!

@quixotic_life I'm also drunk as fuck right now

@sunnysideup thank you, buddy

• @Ebow87 ~ Snort!!! Lol!!! Yeah... Also not the best time to deal with your profile/all the advice! 🤣

@quixotic_life I wholeheartedly agree