Lots of views but no bookings đŸ€”

Is there a reason why people view multiple times but not booking?

Comments

• [Deleted User]CuddleMeLater (deleted user)

Men browse profiles. It doesn't necessarily mean anything. When I want to book someone new, I often do a search and click on 10 or 15 different profiles that catch my eye. I'm only going to book one of those people in the immediate future. Sometimes I do a search in an area I don't even have definite plans to visit and look at a bunch of profiles.

Some of your visitors will eventually book you, maybe days or weeks or months from now. Some won't.

• For my part, I click on lots of profiles for multiple reasons...sometimes to see if I should pursue future cuddles with them, sometimes because a forum post or profile picture piques my curiosity, and sometimes simply out of boredom. Often I forget what any particular person wrote and want to refresh my memory, leading to repeat profile views.

But even if I like what I've read, I may not immediately have anything to say, let alone be ready to book a session if they're a pro. And if I found their profile from the forums instead of from a cuddler search, odds are low that they would happen to be within driving distance.

(I'm not cuddling with anyone until after vaccination, but I enjoy daydreaming about it in the meantime, and making mental plans for future travel.)

Anyway now that you've asked this question, I feel compelled to view your profile, even though from your username I'm going to guess you live a few thousand miles away from me. :P

Just as an FYI, men also browse men's profiles more than women do - the large majority of the time my Visitors list is entirely made up of men. (It's slightly different at the moment, as I've been pretty active on the forum lately, so I do have a couple female visitors on my list.)

• @mtp and @CuddleMeLater Thank you for your input. I'm out in Hawai'i and I'm not sure if that has something to do with it also. Since there is only a few to choose from on island, I'm not sure competition is the issue. I went an joined another site to see if that would be the same issue there. However, I can't even tell who visits me just the number of profile visits. I haven't had any bookings through that one and it's a 40% cut! Ouch!

@CuddleMeLater - I get more male than female but since posting here, I have a few more females looking. I'd love anyone's help of how to improve and get more bookings.

• @AlohaGirl

Your rates seem reasonable. It could be competition or a oversaturated market there. More pros than those looking for pros.

I'd suggest changing your profile photo to something brighter and happier. Black and white photos always feel dark to me, you want to create warmth, not darkness. 😉

While I'm not one to cold message it wouldn't hurt to reach out to those who have hired pros and introduce yourself. Say hi, don't pressure people to book though! Just create a natural introduction / conversation based off their profile. Let them know you are friendly and approachable.

Good luck!

edited January 2021

@AlohaGirl

I'd love anyone's help of how to improve and get more bookings.

I am not an expert in cuddle marketing, but FWIW I think location is a major factor. I know several cuddlers, including one who is also from Hawaii, who don't get all that many bookings in their home city, but who regularly visit the SF Bay Area and get tons of bookings there (or at least they used to visit before Covid).

Also, I think I remember the cuddler from HI telling me that of the HI sessions she did get, they almost all were from tourists, not locals. Presumably the lack of tourists during Covid is leading to a big slump in the HI cuddle market.

• @CuddleMeLater yes my regular is from the bay area and may be leaving soon to go back for work there

• Yes, I second @Envie’s advice about a smiley profile pic. In my experience, we women prefer serious pics of ourselves, but when I ask my clients and male friends to choose the pictures which they are most likely to click on, they always pick the ones with my dweebiest smiles. Every time.

It’s great that you’re on multiple sites. Having the ability to host will also help you increase bookings, but I know that can be easier said than done. Best of luck!

• @BellaSera thank you for the advice. I had smiley ones up for so long and still not much traffic. It's OK. I'll rotate.

• I often get the same people looking at my profile. Sometimes I think it’s because I’ve been on the site recently and so I pop up first on the search area. Sometimes I think it’s because my pics are being ogled because I’ll get just random messages like “hey beautiful” or just five right in with “are you available tonight?” etc. But my profile explicitly says I won’t reply unless I get a first name greeting and pic & availability for a video chat. No last minute meetings for new clients. Tho people don’t always follow my requirements then they’re not worth my time or they’re looking for something inappropriate so I don’t bother with them.

• @Kai816 I agree! I get those too and it's a red flag for sure. I do require contact info before booking but the video chat is a nice touch.

• I look at the overhead listing and if I see one I'm interested in I will favorite the booking so I don't forget to check when my travel plans allow. I am not certain how many I can favorite?? Is it a small number?

• @luvsouthwest idk how that works with the favoriting...

• I've favorited 35 people so far, so if there's a limit it's at least 35!

• edited January 2021

Lol ~ I have 81 in there ~ đŸ€Ș

@luvsouthwest

• How do you know if you've been favorited?

• @AlohaGirl There's no notification of being favorited that I've seen.

• You don't. They'd have to tell you.

• Well I guess it's a good thing to add to the site?

edited February 2021

@AlohaGirl I think the Favorites are deliberately supposed to be private. I don’t really use Favorites, but if I did, I definitely wouldn’t want anyone else to know if I had Favorited them.

• I usually browse profiles multiple times because I forget I already did it, or sometimes I do it too quickly and have to go back and check something I missed. Browsing a profile is not an expression of interest in a booking, at least not by me. I might just be interested in checking your hourly rate, your other photos, your interests, or your karma.

• @CuddleMeLater - I don't think who specifically, just the amount of favorites would help to gage interest of sorts.

@UKGuy that's good to know that some people are so thorough

• @AlohaGirl I'm not even sure it would tell you that. We had a conversation on the forum recently about how people use blocking, and the reasons were a bewildering mixture of good sense and .... what?!??

Favourites will be the same. There is no actual information there. We just get curious because of the label "Favourites". If it was called "boring list function some people might want to use for some reason" you wouldn't care.

I use Favourites to note who I have cuddled. So in your case it would be actively misleading, since it's not an expression of interest but a historical record.

• @CuddleDuncan maybe you should suggest a feature for pros to keep track of their cuddle buddy history? It sounds like a good idea.

• @AlohaGirl, pros do have that record in the “past bookings” function. You can even download the list with all the names, dates, fees, etc. to a spreadsheet file.

• @BellaSera right! does @CuddleDuncan know this? Read his reply on favorites. I was just replying to his comment.

• @AlohaGirl thank you! :) I did know this, but Bookings doesn't cover enthusiasts, only professionals. Also, I have cuddled a couple of professionals who are listed here, but I met elsewhere, and so I have never Booked here.

• @CuddleDuncan ah ok. Makes sense.

• Lower rates = more bookings

• @cuddlerforu24 I don't think that would help and many women charge $80/hr. The higher rate filters out lots, not all, of the ones looking for something else. My clients are professionals. I also live in Hawai'i where the cost of living is very high so it wouldn't be worth it to do it for less.