Any big events you're looking forward to?

The Great American Beer Festival comes back to Denver, CO this year after a two year hiatus due to Covid. It's a celebration of all things beer. They receive craft beer from microbreweries from all over the country. Your ticket gets you unlimited samples. With more than 1,500 different beers from 500 breweries, you won't be able to sample all of them and still be alive.

https://www.greatamericanbeerfestival.com/

Comments

• Looking forward to sailing on a tall ship this week, one featured heavily in Pirates of the Caribbean!

~ Sunset Snuggles

• The Bachata and Zouk festival next June. Only caught 1 day of it this year.

• Top Gun 3? :P

• If there's any other ravers out there, I'm also going to Global Dance Festival next week.

https://globaldancefestival.com/

• Lost Lands 🦖🦖
    My friends and I from all over the country decided on a whim to buy tickets.
    I'm going to break my neck and love it. 😂

@Mike403 I'd go to GDF but this is my 3rd large traveling festival this year, with 2 more planned. Maybe next year! So take some pics I wanna see you having the time of your life.

• @rezz - I've never traveled anywhere for a festival before. I always stuck with what is local. I'd love to one day experience something that isn't in my back yard.

• @Mike403 one day! You're at least putting yourself out there and expericing it which is more than what most people would do.
    You're also in CO which has some epic festivals, count yourself lucky 🤗

• @rezz - We have Red Rocks which is one of the greatest music amphitheaters. That's where GDF used to be until they moved it to the football stadium in 2017. They were able to add more things such as carnival rides, but I'd rather it move back to the other venue.

• edited July 2022

Seeing BTSM there is my dream. I'm all too familiar with Red Rocks and the artists that get to perform there.

• Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta®
    October 1-9, 2022 (New Mexico)

Hot balloon ride is one of my bucket list!
    I have acrophobia (fear of heights), cross my fingers I can do it 🤓

• [Deleted User]Btown (deleted user)

I will be playing in a Super Seniors Golf Tournament in August.

• @Btown 5th year in college are we?

• edited July 2022

On August 5th, I'm having an '80s night with a local cover band called The 6 Million Dollar Band. These guys are awesome.

• I’m probably going to the World Science Fiction Convention in Chicago Labor Day Weekend. A couple of old friends will be there so that’s my incentive.

• ESRI User Conference in San Diego!

• [Deleted User]GoodRightHook (deleted user)

Do the Collapse of Capitalism, the Water Wars, and the End Times count?

• As I motor head and a fan of older Jeeps I’m looking forward to my road trip from Florida to Ohio by the way of KY for some cuddle time also. I know this will be a great trip for me, this meet is for the Jeep FC models only which I owned a 1959 model which I sold a few years back but still like going to this meet, a great bunch of Jeep guys to chat with.

• Global Dance Festival begins tomorrow in Denver, CO.

• Sucks that it can only go until 11pm though due to noise regulations.

• I am seriously thinking about doing the 235 mile Ride Across Wisconsin (RAW Ride) next month. My longest bike ride to date has been 160 miles in a day so the RAW ride would be a new personal best for me. I am about 80-90% sure I ride that long, my concern is finishing the ride by 10:00 pm (when all cyclist must be off the road).

• The morning poops

Why did @pmvines bring toilet paper to the party?

He is a party pooper.

• I'm also going to Lost Lands later this year, it will be my third time going there. @Rezz
    I used to go to music festivals every couple of months but now it's just once a year.
    I hope you have lots of fun @Mike403, I think I've been to Global in Arizona

• Picking up my long distance relationship partner up at the airport july 31st! Who i havnt seen for 2 and a half years.

• Not really 'big events' as such, but in September I'm seeing Dave Gorman and Steve Hofstetter about two weeks apart.

Going to see The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band August 5.

• Planning my first sky diving adventure on Aug 5 or 6.

@JohnR1972 That sounds pretty exciting. I have that on my bucket list. It would be nice to hear about your experience.

• @Btown - hopefully I will be able to post an update right after I do it 😂

Seriously though, it is something I have wanted to do for a long time and now seems like as good of a time as any to actually do it.

@JohnR1972 I am pretty stoked for you.
    A little levity:
    A women watching the news learns that two Brazilian men did skydiving. Crying to her husband she says " Thats horrible! So many men dying that way!".
    The husband replies " Yes, it is sad. but there are risks involved."
    A few minutes later, the woman, still sobbing, asks, " How many is a Brazilian?"