Cuddle party

Hi everyone, I am planning to host a cuddle party In the future in Nj
Have you guys been in one? I want to hear personal experiences is it better than a traditional cuddle?
I never been to one but I am intrigued and I’ll be open to host one.
Please leave your thoughts, comments that what you would like to have in one and if you will assist to one send me a message.

Looking to her from all! Happy cuddles

Comments

• Pre-Covid I went to multiple cuddle party is from the cuddle party.com group.
    They have a wonderful introduction and workshop before you start cuddling. It helps break guys and get people comfortable with talking to others. It also is very good for learning consent culture.

I've always experienced fond memories from cuddle parties. I have met a variety of people and have cuddled with just one person or a couple while at the event. Sometimes I wish they were longer than what they were.

I hope your Cuddle party goes well. I would attend if I lived closer.

• edited November 2022

@latinavip I hope you do it and I wish you all the very best. I have been to several and it's not better or worse than a conventional cuddle, it's just different.

However, there is a lot more to it than meets the eye. A lot more. By chance I wrote this on another thread earlier today:

Leading a cuddle party is extremely difficult and potentially dangerous. If all goes well, then yes, sure, it's pretty straightforward. But there are potentially huge problems. The skill is not so much in being able to deal with them if they happen, although obviously you do need that, but in preventing them from happening in the first place.

How do you prevent bad actors from exploiting the situation? I mean people who have come with the explicit intention of sexually assaulting others in the confusion of bodies. Bearing in mind that they may genuinely believe there is nothing wrong in doing that. Or people who aren't planning that, and know that they shouldn't, but can't resist?

How do you stop people from asking for the contact details of others after the event? Because this is VERY not ok. Some attendees are extremely vulnerable, and for them such a request can be a serious attack.

Such events can bring up powerful and very unexpected emotions. It is normal to have a 'sit-out area' where people can ... well the name tells the story really. It is essential to have assistant leaders who can look after people who are having a hard time. It is not uncommon for somebody to leave in tears in the middle, or even at the beginning. You need enough helpers to deal with a second incident while the first one is happening, while still looking after the main body of the group.

What's your after-care service? Such events can cause real harm, and you need a plan for how to deal with the aftermath.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RUN A CUDDLE GROUP OF ANY KIND UNLESS YOU HAVE PROPER TRAINING AND A STRONG SUPPORT SYSTEM TO HELP YOU.

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/15475/cuddle-puddle-do-they-exist-in-real-life/p1

• Wise words, @CuddleDuncan. I thought of hosting a small group cuddle when I invited people to come to the Botanic Gardens, but immediately discarded the idea because of exactly some of the reasons you wrote. It is no light burden, to be in the care of, or in any way responsible for, peoples' safety. I imagine this is the reason most get-togethers here are meet and greets, not cuddles, which I initially thought was odd, but makes perfect sense, after one considers the danger.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Highly recommend messaging @justjennn for more tips on arranging cuddle parties!

• I'm in Maryland. Id travel for a cuddle party. I had a bad experience at my first one 6 years ago. But, Im a lifetime martial artist, so ya got free security detail if ya want.