Guitar coloring/finishing?

Hello everyone. So I got this guitar earlier this year for my birthday:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jackson-warrior-js32t-electric-guitar

I love the warrior shape, and was surprised how nice it felt (I have two other guitars) since it's a "budget guitar". I would have gotten a different one, but I didn't want one with a tremolo bar because I didn't want to deal with tuning a Floyd rose (or similar) bridge or a locking nut. This was the only one I could find without the tremolo.
The only thing is I wish it came in more than just a natural wood finish. It actually feels like wood and not like my other guitars. I don't know much about guitar finishes, but I am looking to get this repainted (probably green since I e always wanted a green guitar). The thing is I know I can't trust myself to do it, but I don't know where to go about getting this done professionally.
Does anyone know where I might find a place (preferably in Chicago or Skokie) to get this done?

Thank you.

Comments

• I have a Jackson, too - Eerie Dess Swirl!

Can't help with the question though, would just suggest Googling "custom guitar finishing Chicago". Good luck!

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Yoi could try bringing it to a auto body shop, one that does custom paint jobs, they usually do work on motorcycle parts and things too so this would be right up their alley. Cool guitar, I have an Ibanez rg550 I've been wanting to paint for years

• Just make sure whoever doesn't paint the neck pocket

• edited December 2022

@SunsetSnuggles Thanks. I did google search before, but I tried again and contacted some local guitar places. So far one place recommended another that I had already contacted, but then THEY said to try somewhere else because it would be over $900 and take 6 to 9 months to complete. Still waiting to hear from some others.

@Nobodieshero Nice. I also have an Ibanez. RG7321

As well as an ESP/LTD: DV8-R

• Whoooa, that is super expensive! What about some kind of vinyl skin?

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Nice Ibanez, I've got an Rg 320 with a flamed maple top too, unfortunately I almost never play anymore. Oh another option is to simply do it yourself, spray painting stuff is actually real easy. Youl wanna use automotive style paint and clear coat not cheap stuff. But seriously watcha a few YouTube videos and your an instant pro!