Friends and family reactions

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before or not, but I would love to know how people react when you share your cuddling. Are you openly out with your cuddling with everyone? Do you get positive reactions?

I'm about a month into this whole adventure and I've shared it with my closest friends, my roommates and one family member. Everyone has had a lot of questions but I haven't had any adverse reactions yet! I think that's a testament to how wonderful the people in my life are. I'm still cautious though because I'm not interested in bringing negativity into this adventure yet!

Thanks in advance everyone!

1. Who have you shared your cuddling with?39 votes
    1. No one
      58.97%
    2. Friends only
      23.08%
    3. Family only
        2.56%
    4. Friends and family
        7.69%
    5. Everyone!
        7.69%

Comments

• Once I stopped "hiding" cuddling from my friends/family who I thought wouod be judgemental, I ended up feeling so much better about it. When I was sneaking around in a sense, it made me feel like I was doing something wrong, when I knew I wasn't. So I figured if I know Im not doing anything wrong, why keep it on the DL? I told friends and family, social media etc. I found support from just about every person, and my conscious felt clear :) of course there were a few stray opinions, but that just made me embrace it even more.

• @Brandi thank you! I'm close to that point too, I just have a very religious father and I'm nervous for that reaction ?

• "Coming out" has so many variations and meanings these days outside of sexuality ;) Life... and being true to oneself, really is one big coming out process.

"Hi Mom and Dad, I'm a cuddler."

• All you can do is be your authentic self and hope that people care enough to accept you as you are

• edited March 2018

I was more secretive about it when I started. Only because I wasn’t sure how people would react although I never have felt like I was doing anything wrong. I stopped the secrecy when I finally told my mom and sister, they were super supportive.

I’m now comfortable talking about it with all of my friends. it’s nice because I have a rotation of check-in friends that depends on who will be closest to where I am cuddling.

I am very fortunate to have such supportive and open minded friends.

• You guys are all so lucky =) My mom worries enough about me doing Airbnb at my house, lol, and both my parents aren't too physically affectionate and pretty old-fashioned. I'll come out once I feel like I've reached some semblance of success and know it's going to be a pretty permanent method of income into the reasonable future. If it doesn't work out, then there's no need to go through all that drama with them =P My middle sister doesn't really like strangers in general, so she won't understand in the least. My oldest sister is very religious, but she might be the most understanding actually. I don't know. But I'm not there yet... I've only told a few select friends so far...

• My family and friends all know I'm a hugger and also know that I live alone and work from home 4 out of 5 days and while I try to travel and love meeting new people, I don't always get to just cuddle up with someone. So most that I have told about the site and everything have seen it just as something I would find and be apart of without any judgement for it. I'll admit I was a bit hesitant to tell some family at first because I know they can be judgemental about some things, but I'd been in some not so good places mentally and they understood my personality and accepted it fairly easily. Only a few friends that I also know wouldn't judge too much also know and a few more that I've suggested join the site too

• Thank you all for sharing! I'm glad I'm not the only one holding back lol

• My mom knows I have cuddle buddies and assumes sometimes that there is more. But she has always known pretty much all my best friends are of the opposite sex. I do think if she knew that I have met internet strangers from different parts of the country solely to cuddle and hang out she would think its a bit weird. For example, a few times I have gone away for a weekend or for a night and she has had to watch my dog and check in with my son for me while gone. I will just tell her I'm hanging with a friend who is in town or going to some sort of function or what not. She likely wouldn't understand, and may also not be so willing to help out in a pinch if she knows I'm cuddling for the night and not doing something productive :#

• Oooh yeah I bet she would be less inclined to help then lol @pmvines

• I was a teacher for 15 years and still substitute in my community. I really haven't told many people about this except for close friends and family. Even though I know this is a great thing to be doing and I'm doing nothing wrong, public view tends to have a hold on me and I would never want people to think of me as a "call girl". People who have not been educated on what this actually is can sometimes think the worst and think it's super dangerous. I'm hoping to one day "come out" because I really and truly have enjoyed my experiences so far and have met some amazing people!!

• I have NO idea why peoples' brains haven't "evolved" to disconnect cuddling from sex (other than that humans didn't evolve at all, from anything..). If more people were less scared to talk about it, it wouldn't be a big deal. I don't "hide" it, I just tell people I'm going to meet a friend. If they get nosey, I just tell them it's none of their business (and it's not!) and leave as I originally intended. Acting like you're doing something wrong (hiding it) only reinforces the stigma and that's wrong in and of itself!

• @great_pillow08 I agree. I'm not hiding it I'm just not shouting it from the rooftops either haha

• [Deleted User]MoonlightSonata (deleted user)

My friends and family already know that I am an adventurer and always open to trying new things. I haven't really discussed the topic of cuddling with anyone I know (who I don't already cuddle with). I'm honestly not too sure how I would bring it up.