Cuddlers in relationships

Why do people in relationships still want cuddle buddies (not their SOs)??

Comments

• Because sometime their SO don’t have time for them to cuddle and thst person feel distance....

• [Deleted User]caitleesi (deleted user)

For me it’s more about the therapeutic aspect and my boyfriend understands and respects that

• I met with another member for a cuddle session at a park who had a husband, but he's the one who had encouraged her to join the site. He worked 12-14 hour days 6 days a week and wasn't able to spend time to cuddle up with her and she couldn't work as she had a medical condition that prevented her from being able to work and caused her physical pain which being held helped her (something to do with overactive nervous system). We had a good session and I enjoyed talking with her, but I made sure with her husband that he knew who I was and that I wasn't going to try anything before we met.
    So in that instance it was her SO couldn't be there all the time and wanted her to have a person or people she could cuddle with to help.

From another perspective I had an ex that ended up not being the person she wanted you to think she was and wasn't very affectionate or cuddley while I'm the opposite and greatly enjoy that sort of thing. Back then I would have loved to of known about Cuddle Comfort or services like it to be able to cuddle up with someone without it meaning anything other than platonic touch.

• [Deleted User]MoonlightSonata (deleted user)

I think the answer is probably different for everyone.

In my case, my husband knows that I just love to spread the joy of cuddles, snuggles, and hugs everywhere I go.

He has no problem with me cuddling anyone. And I have no problems with him cuddling anyone.

But of course everyone is different. Some couples might not be comfortable with this. That is fine too.

It all comes down to the comfort level of the people involved.

• Variety. Different people = different cuddles.

• [Deleted User]curiousgeorge1 (deleted user)

Yes and for me, I don't feel comfortable cuddling someone in a relationship. My reasons are I dont want to put myself in a potentionally compromising situation.

@curiousgeorge1 You should always do what you feel comfortable with. That is the most important thing.

My husband and I have both been cuddling various people for years (he is a cuddler too) and we haven't had any issues. We've cuddled people separately and also done group cuddles.

Cuddles are platonic so my husband and I don't see anything wrong with them. They are just a way to give comfort to people who need it. Which is really awesome. :)

That being said, you should always do what you personally feel comfortable with. A big part of enjoying the cuddling experience is being able to recognize your personal boundaries and communicate what you like and you don't like to the people you cuddle with.

• [Deleted User]curiousgeorge1 (deleted user)

Moonlight, one party could say a partner is cool with and not be. If I found out the person I was cuddling or going to cuddle with had a partner, I would leave immediately. But if others do differently that is up to them.

@curiousgeorge1 The important thing is to do what you feel comfortable with. Like I mentioned, my husband and I have both been cuddling for years. We both definitely have no problem with cuddling with other people. We enjoy spreading the joy of cuddles, hugs, and snuggles as often as we can. :)

But as you mentioned, not all couples are okay with it. That is why communication is important in any relationship, whether it is a friendship, a cuddle arrangement, or a relationship with a significant other.

I find that open communication with my husband is one of the strengths of our relationship. I would definitely never want to do anything that makes him feel uncomfortable and he would never want to do anything to make me feel uncomfortable either.

We respect each other's opinions/ feelings about things and we both try to spend every day making our relationship better. :) I think I am more in love with my husband now than I was ten years ago because we take the time to really cherish each other every day,

Anyway, you have to do what you feel comfortable with like I mentioned before. It's very important that you find a cuddle buddy that works good for you and fits into what your preferences are for cuddling.