Cuddle connections world map

edited June 2018 in General

If you draw lines between the locations of people who have left karma comments, this is what you get (circles mean people in the same location; thick lines mean multiple people):

(This is only for people who have been online in the last 9 months, but includes cuddles before then).

The locations aren't always accurate (since some people just give a state or even a country instead of a city name as their location), but here are some stats for distance between cuddlers:

16% are at the same location
11% are within 10 miles
14% are 10-20 miles away
22% are 20-50 miles away
8% are 50-100 miles away
7% are 100-200 miles away
7% are 200-500 miles away
15% are 500 miles+

The furthest is @OzVisitor and @AlexBabyBoo23: 9700 miles from Australia to the US (there is one further between Western Australia and the US too, but it doesn't sound like they've actually cuddled).

Related thread: How far would you travel to visit a cuddle companion?

Comments

• [Deleted User]OzVisitor (deleted user)

And well worth the trip :)

• That map looks like war between Australia and Europe , with USA caught in the crossfire

• Reminds me of Axis and Allies

• They were some fun trips and amazing cuddle sessions with more to come =)

• I cuddled with a girl who was on vacation in the Netherlands. Would do it again. Heck, if someone is looking for a vacation address and some cuddles (and maybe a tour of the town), I might have a bed for you. No guarantees, it totally depends on the situation of course.

• This is really cool. I love seeing how the web can bring people together, and so many people getting the affection they deserve!

• This is amazing! I know a bunch of my cuddles were from folks originally from out of town and I hope to travel soon myself to cuddle with folks elsewhere.

• I haven't cuddled with anyone local yet, feels good to know I'm not the only one!

• edited July 2018

Here is where those cuddles are actually happening (best guess anyway. The location is obvious if one person can host and the other can only be a guest. If it could have been at either person's location and one was a professional, the professional's location was used).

According to karma, there were 1209 cuddle connections inside the US / Canada (for people online in the last 9 months) and 40 outside the US / Canada. People cuddle the same person multiple times though, and not everyone leaves karma, so I'm sure there were a lot more actual cuddles!

1100 were between a professional and a non-professional.
    143 were between two non-professionals (it's great that people still leave karma for other enthusiasts!).
    6 were between two professionals.

• Anyone planning a vacation to Belize? I live in Hopkins Village, Southeast Belize. A cuddle community hasn’t developed here yet. I’m new to this and working on cultivating some cuddle friendships. I would enjoy meeting some cuddle tourists. ?