TVs off, Speaker is on, Whats playing?

When you get home after a long day, nothing sounds good to watch, and you need to clean the house, cook a meal, etc. What is the music you put on before you start? You can name a specific song, or just name the genre that gets you through the home duties. Anyone can participate, any genre, song, or artist is a great answer! Also discuss why you play what you play whether your handling the chores or your just relaxing on your couch. Is there a connection between the music and the energy? Better yet, whats playing right now?

Comments

  • For chores I'll more often use podcasts, but for relaxing at home the genre varies. Lately it's been a lot of slowcore and dream pop, alternating with movie soundtracks if I'm multitasking. Mazzy Star, the Cocteau Twins, Beach House, John Williams, Dario Marinelli, Howard Shore, Ennio Morricone, Vangelis

  • Icp, 😄. Jj. Probly rage against machine or foo fighters

  • I listen to a lot of music ranging from the 80's, 90's & 2000's with the only modern artist exceptions being Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, Bruno Mars & The Weeknd.

    I've been more of an 80's mood as of late so it could vary. Michael Jackson, Madonna, George Michael, Prince, Lionel Richie, Anita Baker, Whitney Houston...they'll all get a good share of playtime.

  • I create a playlist for each move, now. Any songs I come across that I like while I live in that house, go into that playlist. It gives me a time capsule, and a huge variety.

    When I just want to listen without choosing, I shuffle one of those playlists as I accomplish other tasks.

    ~ Sunset Snuggles

  • Typically a commentary YouTube, podcast or Audio book. If it's music, a good Sade Playlist or a Jazz Playlist in general.

Sign In or Register to comment.