So you have been told cuddlers make good money for just snuggling? It's a bit more involved...

I ran across this video following a link from another post, it's a bit old but still extremely relevant for incoming new cuddlers. If you do make the decision to go into professional cuddling be prepared for emotional attachment, for crude people continually pushing your boundaries, for physically undesirable people who truly need an emotional connection which is probably extremely lacking in their lives currently? Can you overlook the appearance of a body and see the person? There are medical issues that create an odor about a person that no amount of washing or body spray will cover, there are small 125 pound men as well as large 400 pound women - a professional cuddler is able to see past what the physical form looks like and see the beauty of the person inside that body. Can you care for that beautiful soul?

Do you have a space to cuddle professionally that isn't your own bed; are you prepared to have multiple people in your personal sanctuary that is your bedroom? Do you have security measures in place or capable of creating safety for both you and your client? Are you able to completely shut off all devices and be in the moment with the person paying you to give them solace? Are you able to promote your business? Handling billing details, keep records of clients and file taxes as a business owner? Can you handle the business side of a business? Are you comfortable with your own personal boundaries and know how to hold them?

Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to the world of care giving. Professional cuddling is providing care for people who need a connection in their lives, a connection with another human without worrying about being judged or condemned. You will be a care provider. You will run across quite a few social and mental health issues, there is great potential to further harm those clients if your react poorly to them. I've been thinking about being a professional for 4 months now but I haven't pulled the trigger because I understand that there is a certain level of professionalism and care that's needed for this job. I've been studying books and forums, following blogs, taking webinars, and talking with any professional that will give me the time of day. A client expects more of a person they are paying hard earned cash to than an enthusiast cuddler.

Any pro's reading this, please feel free to add any additional tips for the person considering becoming a professional.

Good luck to all of you and welcome to an amazing profession just in it's infancy. Treat it like a business and you will benefit in more ways than monetarily.

Comments

• All spot on. This is not "easy money" and not an enjoyable experience for many people. I absolutely love it myself ? You absolutely must be comfortable getting physically close with anyone immediately after meeting, be able to love and accept and encourage anyone just as they are, and take the responsibility of being compassionate and respecting others boundaries as top priority.

• You absolutely must be comfortable getting physically close with anyone immediately after meeting, be able to love and accept and encourage anyone just as they are, and take the responsibility of being compassionate and respecting others boundaries as top priority.>

That is absolutely true isn't it? Thats what all my studying is emphasizing also.

Compassion and respect for the client.

Afterall from a straight business standpoint alone, if you unintentionally or intentionally offend your client that future income is lost.

This isn't a "MeFirst" job.

• I couldn't agree more. People assume because it's "touch based" that that's all that is happening. I consider myself, more than anything, an emotional support system. A way to feel heard and seen without having to deal with the negative connotations, emotional blockage, social stigma, etc. of going to a therapist. Plus it's more fun to cuddling while expressing your emotions than awkwardly sitting in front of a person you don't know :) For myself, emotional "labor" (while it's both draining AND invigorating and spiritually satisfying for me) is what drives me, it's my calling. Not many people are interested in becoming a professional cuddler until they hear about the money, and then everyone and their mothers want to be one, because they think it's easy. People don't see the years of self development and a degree in Psychology that got me to a mentality to be able to bring my best self to my clients and to hold space for them in the way @PaulaDahla describes. Don't get me wrong, this is not a "I'm better than everyone because I worked hard" post, just that a lot of people don't fully understand that effort, both prior to and during, that goes into the work we do. The work all you professionals do out there is AMAZING!!! Keep spreading the good word of cuddling :D

• This is a perfect explanation of the field. My friends who know I do this always think it is just quick easy money but in reality it can me emotionally draining. I love people as well and I love helping people. I was an Occupational Therapist for 6 yrs and am now a teacher. I love helping people and being able to influence people in a positive way and see them grow and improve over time.

• I personally think this discussion should be in general category as there are people like me who are considering to convert as professionals. It is very true. I don’t want it be a business, If at all I decide to convert as professional here, I would rather still treat it as a service. Money is important but will not be the goal, it will be side product for me. I LOVED this training video I watched recently, that emphasized the same fact about Touch profession is service more than a business.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqUPp9q4J553FPr5iGtYztErKv8OelIik

• Spot on! Thank you for your post @PaulaDahla
    This is definitely a service and not always easy. Not just anyone can do this.

• Since it's been almost a year and so many new people have joined the site I decided to dig this one out of the middle pages.

• [Deleted User]grumpy_cat (deleted user)

Oh boi, the emotional attachment though.