Comments

• edited September 2019

Haha! You sure hit him with the right clap back. Looking for an excuse to have access to your social media for sure. Creepy.

Also, from that last message he may assume you are an abductor who keeps an Instagram. It's certainly not safe to follow you. ;) 🤣

• @Catloaf That wasn't my intention to come off like that. Oopsy!

Makes one wonder why, though.

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

I'm guessing anyone intending to abduct strangers is going to have the instagram angle covered if they've spent more than a day trying to attract random men on the internet.

Much more reliable to ask to meet in public first or for a phone call if you're trying to judge how organ harvestery and/or murdery someone is.

• I currently have a conversation I could use thoughts on as well. If I saw something like this somewhere else it would trigger red flags as a scammer. But due to lack of experience in this community, I probably should ask someone first. This is the entire conversation, names have been censored for privacy. Except for one picture, their profile is not filled out and I know nothing about them. Does this seem legit? How often is off website communication used as the only means to converse here?

• I have heard people say they like to check out someone's social media to see if they are who they say they are , what kind of stuff they put out there , etc . I don't do social media. Sometimes that's hard for someone to comprehend especially younger folks . So I guess they will just have to take my word that I'm not an axe murderer lol

• @DonLonG my assumption will be if you give your phone number "she" will attempt to solicit you.

• edited September 2019

@DonLonG that comes off as you should probably most likely go the other way. Edit: if you choose to proceed, proceed with caution. You can also message me to give you a tip or two. end of edit.

1. Women don't usually make the first move in establishing a connection to speak elsewhere, or anywhere.
    2. When* they do, they usually aren't in that much of a hurry, especially avoiding your offer to establish a better connection before you consider a cuddle.
    3. I think that generally women are the ones to want to take longer to warm up to others especially, to men. We as women are more vulnerable to certain types of issues. So, rushing like this, doesn't seem right to me.

Also, the lines* that go along the line of "this website is so hard to use, let's talk elsewhere" I am pretty sure are the oldest tricks in the book. I had elsewhere a man hit me with that line. He was already giving red flags left, and right. Though, at that moment I knew to pretty much end it right there and then. If the site was so difficult to use they wouldn't be on there. He is still on it, by the way. I am* pretty sure it isn't difficult to navigate the site, or the app. The way he clicked here, and there to contact me the first time: he can keep doing that, til we mutually feel a connection, and a genuine reason to talk elsewhere.

• edited September 2019

@pmvines Very true, hadn't considered that angle.

It seems to me the woman @DonLonG is mentioning could be an enthusiast? In that case, there is no rule about two enthusiasts trading numbers. It's pros that the site forbades from doing off-site comms unless absolutely necessary.

She could just find it really inconvenient to have to visit the website to check her messages, or maybe she's getting tons of messages and wants to isolate yours from the crowd? If I were you, I might give her the benefit of the doubt till other red flags pop up. Use a burner number or an app you can delete afterwards and send screenshots of anything fishy to the mods.

• @Catloaf took care of pretty much whatever I was going to offer. 🙂

If you meet, meet somewhere public, and I advise to go at a pace that's mutually comfortable. Keep us posted. @DonLonG

• Thank you @Lovelight , @Catloaf , and @Sashamcgee That really helps put some perspective on this. I'm not opposed to pro cuddlers. It's something that I want to experience. I deal with scammers, con artists, and hackers at my job all day long that waste peoples time and money, and I initially thought this might be something along those lines. You guys have helped put my mind to ease that there may be other explanations. Thank you!

• @DonLonG glad we could help! 🙂

• @DonLonG English is not that person’s first language (you can tell). Most likely this is a scam for money or personal information. Do not send your phone number.

• @DonLonG consensus on this site is that it's not easy for men to find a non pro on here who is ready and willing to meet . Considering they have no profile info and right off the bat immediately went to asking if you want to meet and then asking to take communication offline is very sketch . Either they are an untagged pro or they are working a scam . I agree with @FunCartel on this . Don't do it .

• I will pile on to the don't do it bandwagon. There's just no way that's innocent.

• Just to add some counterpoint, I must say one of the best enthusiast cuddles I ever had was with someone I first suspected of being up to something sketchy. She wanted to meet immediately after my first message to her. Because of her work schedule, she agreed to meet me at my hotel at 11:00 pm. Very unusual for an enthusiast. I suspected all sorts of ulterior motives, but my curiosity got the best of me. I told a friend where to send the authorities if I was never heard from again, and went through with the meet. It turned out to be awesome. We had a totally fun, innocent, and legit cuddle session. She never asked for money or anything else. She told me it was a one-shot thing --- cuddling a stranger was an item on her bucket list. We spent about 2 1/2 blissful hours together, and then she went on her way.

It would have been reasonable for me to let my innate sense of caution get the upper hand. In this case, I'm very glad I didn't. So I'd say give her a disposable number from Google Voice (or something similar), and see what develops. Keep your eyes open and bail at the first sign of trouble. But don't rule out an innocent explanation. Stranger things have happened.

• Meeting quickly at your hotel is different from handing out your phone number which Don’s possibly fake person requested. The hotel scenario is common, and if they are too hasty I just say I have a few more questions first. Giving out personal info can possibly devastate your life. No cuddle is worth that.

• @FunCartel definitely! @quietman775 let's just say you got lucky.

I personally don't get with people who are in that much of a rush to meet. Unless they are happy to just meet in public. Which someone, and I have done before. We just had a nice conversation and wished each other well thereafter.

• edited September 2019

I guess I have my answer. Thought I'd update this for posterity

Edit: Removed photo showing that the person I was messaging above was banned.

• @DonLonG maybe should blur that out? Or just mention they've been banned?

I am glad that figured itself out, though! There's a Swahili saying: "Haraka haraka haina baraka." Which basically translates to: "Rushing is no blessing." I think there's a use for, and value in that. 🙂

• Can never be sure what someone's intentions are. You can only choose to wait until they are clear, ask, or go with your gut. Some possibilities:
    1. They want to communicate using a medium that has no moderators
    2. They want to be able to talk to you should either of you leave this site or get banned
    3. They are a pro trying to avoid sharing the agreed percentage
    4. They are planning on going pro and want to build a client list, and avoid sharing the agreed percentage

That's just off the top of my head....

• and of course, the obvious...

1. They want to rob or kill you!!
  • "I will want you to kindly get back to me" Sounds very "African scammer" to me. I believe they write like that usually.

• @pmvines I don't do social media either and it's funny how some people can't comprehend the idea that someone would actually do that on purpose lol

• @Lovelight I figured that since they are banned, and their profile is not accessible that there were no privacy concerns anymore. Do I need to censor that kind of stuff, or is it ok to have a record somewhere that can help track if they make another account?

• @DonLonG If we can still see the person's photo, assuming that IS their photo. Or if so and so happens to be their real first/last name. Then, it could potentially be an issue of privacy.

@SoulcuddlerZ perhaps, SoulcuddlerZ/another (moderator/(?)) would be able to help clarify this.