Role playing

During a cuddle, it okay to ask to role play as a parent/grandparent and child? I don’t mean as a fetish or sexually, purely in talking, holding, rocking, etc.

Comments

• Awwwww.... that sounds sweet to me.

• Some might see it as a fetish, but as long as it isn’t sexual, just ask your cuddler. Some already hold you tight and soothe and hold hands so find the right one to have a session with ☺️

• @Staugustine Nothing wrong with that if it is diaper free.

• Context is everything! As an avid LARPer, I would love the opportunity to role-play during a cuddling session

• slightly related, but i’d like to have an older woman hold me and soothe me and let me refer to her as “mom.” completely platonic, of course. i just crave maternal affection at times. anyone else experience something similar ?

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

Sounds like a form of therapy.

• It seems more like you need regression therapy , not a cuddle . Within the context of a trained professional therapist who knows how to facilitate this . Trying to do this with a cuddler is not really appropriate nor beneficial . And can cause more harm than good . And as others have said , can really come off as a fetish .

• [Deleted User]2dogmom (deleted user)

@yves I would totally do that for you.

• I’d like to do a role play with another cuddler. The scenario? They’re a nun/priest, and I’m a young fellow with negligent parents.

Or maybe they’re an eldritch abomination, and I’m some scholarly type who has stumbled upon a means of summoning them.

OR, they’re a physical manifestion of the void, and I’m on the verge of death.

• @2dogmom if only you were closer !!

@pmvines well put. it isn’t something you can do without discussing first, for sure. only something i’d do with someone i learn to trust, or someone i’m paying. lol.

• @pmvines had the best response. It either comes off as a psychological disturbance in which case professional therapist should be sought out and not a cuddler or it comes across as a fetish in which case it's as inappropriate as any other fetish requested of a cuddler on this website.

• @yves I hear where you are coming from . A lot of people want and need that approval and acceptance from a parental type figure . It can be comforting .

• It might be best to not say the words out loud.

• I’m the opposite of the thread starter .

I like to be the parent

• This sounds more and more like an Arkansas cuddle.

• I know a cuddler who's in her late 60's that only cuddles young men because she wants to mother them and they want to be mothered. She finds It’s simply easier "to be mom to anxious young ones because it's a set role". So yeah, I'm all for seeking and receiving. It's out there.

• I suppose that if lovers might sometimes hold each other in a platonic way, taking on the roles of protector and protectee ; why shouldn't those who are not lovers ? I think it's the explicit stating of the family relationship being adopted, that might bother me. Having said that, if I were cuddling a much younger female, it might be better to think of them as my daughter, than any other relationship.

• @hogboblin Eldritch Abomination 😂😂😂

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

@hogboblin's nun/priest/eldritch abomination/physical manifestation of the void would definitely be a simple role-playing human cuddler. He certainly doesn't have any actual nonhuman being in mind. That would be ridiculous.

...That said—sounds fun, kid. We should try it sometime.

• Oh I so enjoyed looking that up - sounds like something my daughter would have wanted to be for Halloween. And she would have wanted me to make the costume. If you do it, please film it and share.

The Eldritch Abomination is a type of creature defined by its disregard for the natural laws of the universe as we understand them. They are grotesque mockeries of reality beyond comprehension whose disturbing otherness cannot be encompassed in any mortal tongue.

• This sounds very therapeautic, given that it's in the right context. However, I think this can come off as a fetish. This is something you'll have to tread very lightly with. I suggest doing this with a cuddler whom you've cuddled with for a while.

• This is interesting, but i can’t think of any reason that I’d role play. I guess I’m just not that imaginative. Any pretending i can think of would be in a sexual manner, but not fetishized. It probably only in thought and conversation but it all goes out the window when i get into it.

• I find social interaction difficult, so I sometimes have to play the role of someone who finds it easy.

• I totally get where you're coming from...but it sounds like something that came from a lack of feeling like you could go to your parents for that. I totally understand, and am still going through that. I hope you can find a paternal love...

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

Role playing can be emotional therapy for some. And there are a few cuddle positions that facilitate maternal/ paternal roles very well.

Recently I enjoyed the gift of a gentleman 30 years my senior playing my absent and distant dad. We used the cradle rock position. He held me in a fetal position while we both lay side lying rocking each other like a rocking chair. Playing that role helped me to continue my healing process of the little girl in me reaching out and yearning for her dad's attention and validation. I gave myself that validation by allowing this gentleman to give me the space to articulate what that little girl was feeling over forty years ago . It was a deeply fulfilling emotional moment for me. A continuation of the healing I'm doing with the little girl that still lives within me.

So absolutely! It's not only a thing. It's a real empowering experience for some. One that truly stays with you when done with the right person in the right space.