Poof goes my weekend

[Deleted User]grumpy_cat (deleted user)

I didn't understand people who complain on this forum about their experiences until just now. Being cancelled on twice after confirming plans AND then being blocked is definitely helping me empathize.

So, I apologize my scorned friends, you are right it fricken sucks.

Comments

• edited February 2020

I spent $59 on the room. Our second session confirmed 30 hours earlier. No show, no call. I wasn't happy.

• @grumpy_cat
    Our hearts go out to you.

• [Deleted User]grumpy_cat (deleted user)

Oh well, guess this whole cuddling thing isnt meant to be , not in my location anyway.

• Being stood up for a cuddling session must be painful my heart goes out you, @grumpy_cat and @Groucho.

• @Groucho
    I expect that a missed second session is even worse.

When a relationship of any sort breaks badly, the longer it has lasted, the worse is that break.

My logic to understand that, is that the next relationship cannot be considered durable, until it has lasted longer than any of the broken ones ; so longer broken ones mean the next one has to be much longer, before it can be thought durable.

• Yeah sadly this kind of thing is rampant on and off this site nowadays. I think the people who

1. are capable of effectively communicating, and
    2. give enough of a shit about other people to do so

are a small minority at this point.

I'll sound like an old man saying this, but I don't remember anything like this kind of flaking, no-showing, and lack of communication back in the 90s and early 2000s. Nowadays if someone shows up when they say they will, responds to my texts in less than a week, and doesn't ghost me, I am honestly surprised.

• @mb0
    I read somewhere that accepting a dinner invitation is such a solemn act, that if one is killed beforehand, one's murderer must take one's place.

There does seem to be much less commitment these days, perhaps because there is less chance of there being a disapproving third party who knows about it.

To be honest i dont even care as much about the cancel as the block... it makes me feel like I did something, and its like "Ok , what did i do?"

• @grumpy_cat
    You were just unlucky. @Groucho will probably tell you that a cancelled second meeting is worse, so you were spared that ; if it's any consolation.

People are random creatures, there are no rules that always work ; the best we can do is shift the odds a little, and try to enjoy the wins more, and dwell on the misses less.

• "I read somewhere that accepting a dinner invitation is such a solemn act, that if one is killed beforehand, one's murderer must take one's place."

Well, you're overstating it for comic effect, but I do think it is some kind of small commitment. Or at least it used to be. Implicitly there was "Hey, I recognize you're setting aside this time for me, and I'm agreeing to make a good faith effort to keep this appointment."

"perhaps because there is less chance of there being a disapproving third party who knows about it"

Yeah I think this is a major cause. Also I feel somehow the medium of texting contributes... it's a very different mode of communication than a phone call, and it somehow insulates people from each other.

• "To be honest i dont even care as much about the cancel as the block"

yeah blocking is thorny, especially when it's someone you thought you had at least the beginnings of a positive relationship with.

• I feel ya, people are flakes :-/ and the block is such a mystery. Try not to let it get to you-

• @grumpy_cat
    Look at it this way, maybe they were cat fishing you and planning on robbing you and chickened out, so you dodged a bullet. You’ll never know if it was bad luck or good luck. In any case, they are not people you want in your life!

• edited February 2020

To me the communication of that sort of ghosting is something like, I'm not gonna cuddle with you anymore (for whatever reason) and I don't feel equipped to talk about it. It's kind of amazing to me how many adults are afraid of the sort of direct communication that involves a boundary.

• @MrPaul
    Good point.
    As the aircraft-using saying goes, "It is better to be on the ground, wishing you were in the air ; than in the air, wishing you were on the ground".

• I was pissed more than hurt. I only have so many spots on my calendar and to waste one is quite annoying.

I am fortunate to have 3 other cuddle friends to see, 2 Pro, 1 an enthusiast

• @geoff1000
    I read somewhere that accepting a dinner invitation is such a solemn act, that if one is killed beforehand, one's murderer must take one's place.

“Miss Otis regrets she’s unable to lunch today.”

• edited February 2020

Maybe it was nothing to do with you. Perhaps the guy's wife got on the computer and blocked every women he'd been messaging.

• @UKGuy
    It could have been worse, as the movie "Sea of Love".

@UKGuy Well, it was a girl, and a pro I was scheduling a pro cuddle with... so probably unlikely lol

• Keep your head up, I'm sure you'll find someone to cuddle up with soon. It sucks when these things happen, but it does, unfortunately. 🙃