How to Save Money on Professional Cuddling

After seeing numerous complaint threads about the price that professional cuddlers charge on this forum I thought it would be helpful to share a few tips on how to save money on a session. As a disclaimer I want to mention that this may not help everybody especially in more rural areas where there may not be many professional cuddler to choose from. It should go without saying that you obviously want to make sure that the cuddler you are seeing is the right fit for you and you should not fully base your decision on price. It makes no sense to see a professional cuddler that is not appealing to you because they charge less than the other cuddler in your town. However if you live in an area where there are a lot of cuddlers to choose from this list may be helpful.

1. Assess your needs and what you are looking for out of the experience. Do your research to asses whether professional cuddling is the right service for you. After all you don’t want to spend money on cuddling services unless you are sure it’s right for you.

2. Do a consultation call prior to meeting with a cuddler. Make sure that you are on the same page with your cuddler and that you click. You don’t want to waste money on a session with a cuddler that isn’t the right fit for you. So the more screening you can do the more likely you can find the right cuddler on the first try.

3. Look at the total cost of the session not just the sticker price, this includes travel fees, your cost of travel, hotels and multi hour discounts. For example cuddler A may have an $80/hr rate while cuddler B has a $120/hr rate on the surface that may seem like a no brainer but when you look at each of their profiles you see that each cuddle has different policies. Cuddler A charges for travel and does not host. Cuddler B’s price includes travel and also hosts. Cuddler A charges the same rate per hour no matter how long the session is and Cuddler B drastically lowers the hourly rate for longer sessions. If you live close by to cuddler A , want a short session and have no problem hosting, cuddler A would be your best bet. If you cannot host, live further away or want a longer session cuddler B would be your best option. TAKE THE TIME TO READ PROFILES! You will not be able to really compare prices and fees without reading the entire profile of the professional cuddler you are interested in.

4. Confirm the total price before agreeing to the session, that way there won’t be any surprises. As mentioned above many professional cuddlers have extra fees on top of their hourly rate.

Comments

• @xandriarain even if someone charged 20 an hour people would still complain that it's not 10, and even more would complain that you aren't cuddling every Tom dick and harry that messages you out of the goodness and joy of your heart cus , of.course , why should someone charge in the first place. So you cant please everyone and there is nothing at all wrong with charging as you feel comfy charging for. But I do appreciate your thread and I hope that some users will gain something from it

• edited February 2021

the OP says in paragraph 1 ....” Assess your needs”

What come up one the forum from time to time is the idea pitched to Male enthusiasts is hire a pro cuddler get a karma review it makes it easier for a women to respond.

There’s no quarantee there . It’s a great gimmick for the pro and the website to make money and it doesn’t necessarily work . I agree that it might be proof that the man is real and it reminds me of an eBay purchase .... a big ticket item seller refuses a bid from a new bidder just registering and refuses to accept his bid , until he gets like in some cases five feedbacks from other sellers. So the new bidder goes and buys 5 one dollar comic books from five differant sellers , and he spends 5 bucks . If there was a way to spend five bucks as proof of realism on this site now there’s something.

And I agree with @pmvines there’s always going to be complainers about prices of things . And there will emerge complainers about the complainers . As with any service .. if there’s any integrity in the service providers service , the phone keeps ringing , they are getting great reviews , it shouldn’t be a problem ,( the site has always stated any topic is fair game for debate and discussion , provided it is peaceful) I don’t see why there is efforts to suppress price complaints , but I guess the website doesn’t like it .

• edited February 2021

@cuddlerforu24 I’d like to put my opinion in based on what you said about karma. You mentioned that karmas are a gimmick for pros and that could be true for some, but I along with others push the importance for karma because we privately message those that leave karma to get an actual vibe from the person on what the prospective cuddler is like. Karma is so important. I know it doesn’t seem like it because it’s either 5 star or it’s 1 star, but it’s a big factor for myself in safety. I’ve had a few women leave 5 star reviews on a guy. I message them to ask more details about the guy because he wants to book me. She says he wasn’t a horrible cuddler, but there were times she had to remind him where his hands shouldn’t be. She may say that’s not a horrible cuddler, but I’m glad the karma was available so I could talk with her and find out he’s very handsy.
    Karma has helped me investigate further about some possible cuddlers that smell, or have a home that’s actually a lot harder to find than he will say or different factors that make me happy that karma exists.

Sometimes it’s hard for people to be truthful with leaving karma either because they feel bad or they’re scared the other person will lash out. I wish karma could be given and received more welcomingly whether it’s good or bad but unfortunately it’s not like that 😞 but when I message these karma leavers, I find out something that I wouldn’t have known if I didn’t ask and it saves me from a possible bad situation. I’ve also had plenty I message that tell me the prospective cuddler is absolutely amazing and the karma was truthful, and it left me excited and happy to cuddle this person.

In conclusion, karma is very important and influential to my safety and definitely helps a lot of guys just a little bit more to have cuddlers coming to them.
    (It also is a leading factor to my influx of cuddlers that book me after reading my karma)

• edited February 2021

@Sheena123 When you say you want to verify a review ,What happens if the pro identified on the clients karma list is a deleted cuddler ? Or they do not respond ? Then I guess that you have to trust what’s written which may not be true , which could result in the session from hell, or , suspect that they might be creepy ( which they might not be) and you loose a potential session

• @cuddlerforu24, you’re making perfect the enemy of good here. No, you can’t always trust the accuracy of every karma review, but that doesn’t mean karma isn’t still an important tool when used judiciously by both cuddlers and pros.

• @BellaSera there you go being rational again

• @pmvines, shhhhh, don’t tell! It’s bad for my brand 😜

• I probably didn’t explain good enough my first entry into this discussion . I meant that the “ gimmick” is ... the proposal from the pro cuddler to the man enthusiast - to hire a pro cuddler and the pro will leave some feedback which makes it easier for the enthusiast to meet up with a non pro .

Not the karma system itself .

The guy should try the more basic fundamentals of profile display , he should look at himself in the mirrors, get a haircut , do the things that the other threads describe , before spending 80. 100 120 an hour for a feedback which there is no guarantee of success.

Since it was brought up @BellaSera , that there is inaccuracy of karma , isn’t it about time that there BE ACCURATE reporting ? If the guy is “ handsy “ , as @Sheena123 descibes , the guy should get 4 stars not 5 , how about three and “ he had to be reminded to obey my boundaries “ ( which btw only one out of 14 pro cuddlers conduct a verbal boundary description in person before the start of the session .. much like an airline stewardess demonstrates emergency procedures before a flight )

Right now there is a pro cuddler in another thread , she is CRYING herself to sleep bec someone said she gained a little weight , ( I mean I just looked at her pictures and saw those soft blue eyes in her pictures she looked so wounded I started crying myself ). Now , what would happen if she got the handsy guy ? How about someone like her ? Do you think think she might be traumatized if some guy put his hands where they don’t belong . And he did that because he got away with that behavior before and got five stars . Yeah I get it , the pro won’t leave accurate karma because she might get a fake report from the dude . Is it really worth it ? Is someone’s desire for glowing reviews from a creep worth the possibility of an injury to one of the pros peers ? Is it really worth it . All these discussions of safety over the years I think time for accurate reporting

• If they get handsy and are creepsters they should be reported and banned , karma shouldn't enter the equation

• edited October 2022

[To catch up, read the original post but don't worry about the rest of the thread up till now.]

This isn't exactly a money-saving tip, more a value-increasing one. Two short sessions are better than one long one. Yes, long sessions are lovely, but the bulk of the benefit comes in the first 45 minutes or so.

Separately, most professionals list their rates in increments of an hour. (Most professions do.) WIth cuddling, which is an intensely natural activity, this isn't great. Humans don't work in hours, they work in units of 'attention span'. How long an attention span is varies from person to person, but it's typically about 45 minutes or a little less. That's why so many films are 90 minutes or so - it's two attention spans. In other words, avoid two-hour sessions if you can: book 90 minutes or three hours. Similarly, if budget permits, book 90 minutes rather than an hour.

Oh, and this is a money-saving tip. Always read the profile text. Occasionally a professional will offer some kind of discount or special price in the text. If you don't mention it, you may end up paying the sticker price. (For example, a travelling cuddler who is keen to fill the last couple of slots in their schedule.)

• Im thinking about being a pro. What are the stats? Do you get the trend report to know how to market for the number of visits and people in your area?
    I can improve my page if its worth the time.

• @BgstickTeddyBea read the sticky topics at the top of this board before you do anything else.

• Actually found the stats. Kinda disappointed to see not to much happening in my area. Maybe promote myself outside the site to get traffic to the site. Anybody tried this tactic?

• edited November 2022

@BgstickTeddyBea where did you find stats?

I’m guessing @CuddleDuncan tagged me because he knows I’ve advertised outside of CC. I’ve publicized my cuddling services on my blog, on Tumblr, on YouTube, on Twitter, and on my Facebook profile and FB Page. I even took out a Facebook ad. I got two comments on my FB ad: “I’d rather cuddle with a cat” and “Yeah, creepy” (both from men). I’ve never gotten a nibble out of any that publicity. I also paid $40/mo. for over a year to be listed on Cuddlist, and I only got an average of one inquiry every two months, none of which ever booked a session and kept it without canceling.

It might sound like I’m whining, but I share this so that men who are thinking about becoming pros know what another male pro has done and what his results were. I hope your results are better!

Re: saving money on professional cuddling, I am one of those pros who has a discount for a session over an hour long. I will cuddle a client for two hours for the price of 90 minutes. About a half hour could be used for warming up and wrapping up, so a client needn’t feel pressured to cuddle for the whole two hours to get their money’s worth.

Back to whining — haha — it has never made any difference what I’ve set my hourly rate to. I’ve made it $40/hr. up to $100/hr. Some people say to lower your fee to make it more affordable; others say to raise your fee to make yourself seem more valuable. The truth is that most men, including my lovable self, can’t even give it away much less sell it, so if a guy’s getting cuddles, he’s blessed. 😆

I’ve had a few pro sessions and a good number of enthusiast cuddles, so I consider myself fortunate. Overall, CC has been very good to me, and I’m so glad I found it! 🤗

• Post by Respectful under cuddle resources page 1

• Got you and thank you. I will continue to do research and weigh my options to go pro. I hope to book and talk to other pros for advice if possible. I really believe this us the therapy missing in my life so I hope it works out in the end. Good luck to you also. If I find a niche I will share the info.

• Since the topic is how to save money I'm going to view this as a way in which you're trying to save money by not having to hire pros and hopefully get paid to cuddle. It's a dream many men here have and few are legitimately successful at it.
    @BgstickTeddyBea

I wish you all the best but keep in mind when you're going pro, you're there for your clients first and foremost. While getting your touch needs met CAN be a welcomed side effect it shouldn't be the deciding factor. Being open to cuddling all genders and sexual orientations will increase your chances of being successful. If you're here for genuine platonic therapeutic touch this is pretty easy! I don't see my clients as a gender but a fellow human who has passed my screening and deserves my undivided attention.

Many men try to use going pro as a means to get free cuddles from attractive pros under the guise of "learning". Yeah ... we are aware of this game so don't bother.

I'm not insinuating that you're trying to skirt the system in hopes of finding free cuddling, but it is a pretty common tactic that we are very much wise to. ❤️

Again best of luck!

• @Rezz Thank you for the warm welcome. The reason I posted it here was because advertising cost outside of the site may or may not balance out. That was answered for me. Also would paying to be a pro be worth it considering the numbers of every person in the site in my area. That I found.
    I am a professional and am currently considering entering into this business. I dont believe time, currency and emotional investment is free. I currently am trying to book a pro, not for free but the business fee posted.
    I had the thought that although in this free market business people who go pro do have monetary goals, in the end pros would be pros and build business for each other. Since in the end this site is a business.
    Hope that clears up anything assumed about me early on.