Would You Pay for a Professional Cuddler? (Hillsborough County)

edited February 2021 in Professional Cuddling

Hey everyone,

I've been on this site for a while now, and although I would really like to continue being a regular cuddle enthusiast, my current financial situation does NOT allow for that. So, I'm thinking about becoming a professional cuddler. I applied to be a pro on Cuddle Comfort the other day, and now I'm waiting to see if I'm approved to be a pro or not.

My question pertains to making this work as a full-time gig. Below are my calculations thus far, please feel free to correct any numbers that seem off to you. I need to make a minimum of $1300 per month in order to live and pay my bills. By the way, I live in Hillsborough County, Florida.

Assume that I charge $40/hour, and I average two hours per session...

Gross Income: $40/hr * 2 sessions = $80
Cuddle Comfort 15% fee: -$12.00
Contractor ~22% Tax: - $17.60 (Guessing this is the maximum amount I would need to pay Uncle Sam.)
Gas: ~$4.40 to drive up to 50 miles

Net Income: $46 for a two-hour session

Although this seems like a lot, I know it will be a struggle to get enough clients and hours to pay my bills. Do you have any advice/ideas/thoughts for me? Also, how frequently would you pay for a professional cuddler's services???

P.S. I am unemployed at the moment. I've been looking for work for 3 months now, but I haven't had any luck. I will continue to apply to the typical 9-5 jobs, but I think making a little bit of money cuddling folks would really help my situation.

Thanks for the help.

Sincerely,
Mars

1. If a professional cuddler charged $40/hour. How many hours would you pay for per session?12 votes
    1. 1 hour of cuddling per session ONLY
        0.00%
    2. 2 hours of cuddling per session
      33.33%
    3. 3 hours of cuddling per session
      16.67%
    4. More than 3 hours of cuddling per session
      50.00%

Comments

• [Deleted User]az22 (deleted user)

By your calculations, you would have to cuddle for 56.5 hours a month just to make $1,300. Considering a 30 day month, that's about 1.83 hours a day.

It's possible, but I think it would be very tough. Also, I wouldn't suggest trying to do this full-time and rely on cuddling to make sure you can pay rent, etc.

• A million percent yes I pay

• You definitely have to charge more than 40 an hour

• edited March 2021

Got to love that this site has to turn into a financial gain more than about cuddling

@timetocuddle07 - CuddleComfort has evolved over time. There are three constituent groups here: professionals, enthusiasts, and clients. Some are in multi-groups. Some "stay in their lane." Note that CC does not dictate rates. Don't like paying for a service? Then don't hire a professional, and don't go in the forums and complain about the service you DO use. [-Sid]

• edited March 2021

@timetocuddle07 yet based on your karma you hire cuddlers kinda frequently so you apparently see some positives in it ? If you support someone by paying them to cuddle why be resentful that they would like to potentially be able to afford to do this as their primary source of income? Plus this is the professional section of the forum so this is the appropriate place for this kind of discussion . If you are resentful towards pros that is your issue , not theirs