Sharing streaming

I found a site that says they facilitate sharing streaming services with others in real time without having to synchronize the play button. If I understand it correctly, I can invite one, possibly more people to a virtual group and my streaming can be shared... making it so only one in the group has to have the streaming subscription. I thought this might be a good way to get in a virtual cuddle, possibly with several people. The site is twoseven.xyz

First off, my tech guru is incommunicado so I can't check with him to see if it is a secure and legit site. So anyone who wants to chime in with their experienced opinion would be appreciated.

Secondly, if this truly is a thing, and a free thing at that, would people be interested in a virtual cuddle viewing party?

Comments

• This actually really awsome.

• That sounds like a lot of fun. I however have been using Discord for years now & I really like their video streaming option. Discord is free and easy to use. Discord is typically associated with gamers but you don’t have to be one.

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)

I second Discord! It's been a godsend this whole pandemic for me. It's so nice to be able to voice chat, stream videos/games, message, and exchange memes with friends.

• I use discord a lot, especially with my xbox games. However I liked the idea that you could share the streaming. Does discord allow for that?

• Discord allows screen share and streaming, yep.

• I've never used discord.
    I have used Zoom while syncing a netflix show using Netflix Party. I enjoy that; it feels more like "cuddling" and relaxing compared to video visiting. I really like the series on meditation as a way to relax even more deeply and connect on an energetic level.

• That sounds adorable and lovely

• @Sideon I know about the screen share option. My experience has been that it can easily get laggy. I'm hoping this service, or another similar one, will keep that to a minimum.

@ChefKate I hear you on the lagging. :neutral: It's a shame that Amazon Prime requires all viewers to have a subscription for a watch party, because the quality of their watch party streams are friggin' amazing!

• @squeakytoy Do they have a way to sync the feeds? That's one of the big draws for me with this service.

• @xelda I do that too, weekly with my daughter. We chat, binge-watch together, then chat some more. Super sweet way to connect across the miles.

@ChefKate I'm not sure! When I've done an Amazon watch party with a group, we voicechat over discord as we watch, and it seems like we just stay synched up without having to do anything (their commentary/laughing always matched with what I was seeing on screen). It's pretty good, but... yeah, everyone needs Amazon Prime to use it. So that's a con.

• I've been looking for people interested in watch parties. That sounds like a lovely idea.