Do you draw a line ?

edited March 2021 in General

I was curious if there was ever a job or career that someone could have that would be a no go as far as a potential cuddle partner or that you may think twice about if you’re a pro. For example I’ve seen on other social media sites and dating apps ( yes I understand this is supposed to be a platonic site I’m just trying to give a little context ) over the past year especially after the events over the summer statements like “ Please swipe left or don’t message me if you’re in law enforcement “ or if they were anyway involved in politics , or whatever profession that goes against your moral code & ethics for whatever reason ? Or as long as they respect your boundaries you don’t care how they earn a paycheck ? ....

By the way I hope it would go without saying that I’m referring to legal lines of work.

Comments

• I have never asked a potential client what they do for work, unless it was just casual conversation. How they make their money is really none of my business.

• @KariMeiSnuggles I can count on 1 hand the times , but I usually don’t share unless prompted.

• [Deleted User]Mmart (deleted user)

I would be opposed to cuddling a drying paint watcher, snake milker, teddy bear surgeon, gumologist, dice quality inspector, and a professional wedding guest.

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)

Police officers scare the hell out of me in general, so most of the time that would be a no-go for me. I might make an exception for a female cop - I work in a male-dominated field and have a ton of respect for other women working in them.

• edited March 2021

@squeakytoy that's interesting that you would make an exception...I can see how a female would be different in that career, especially as it's a male dominated one

As far as career having an effect on something or political beliefs, typically I stay neutral...Switzerland here...though I do get asked my political beliefs now and then, I don't see how that affects if you're cuddling with someone professionally. I accept all people, career types, genders, beliefs and don't let that affect our cuddle sessions.

• I’ve never turned down anyone because of their choice of employment. To me that’s silly. Unless you’re involved in organized crime, or something super shady that could directly put me in danger, I don’t give much of a hoot what you do for work.

• My line is usually more human rights "opinions" related. If you say something blatantly wrong and with malice (trans people are mentally ill, latinos should get out of my country, etc.), I will not see you again.

@desi_babe True, good point! And same.

• edited March 2021

@desi_babe I’m trying to think of a situation where those topics would come up during conversation ..... I usually stay away as far as I can from hit button political social issues during a session or in general until I really get to know people.

Also I don’t want to get too far in the politics rabbit hole. As to stay on topic with my the question from my original post.

• edited March 2021

I live in a city where it’s quite common to fire guns in the air on holidays (it sounds even stupider as I type it), and I was once grumbling to a client about some folks who had been shooting off the roof of my apartment the night before and what a dangerous thing that was to do. He spontaneously exclaims, “I sure hope they were black...” 👀

...and that was the last time I saw that client.

@BellaSera 😨

• I just dont care to share close space and personal time with certain people , can't really say it is always something specific but certain things just rub me wrong. It is obvious that most people wont want to find out their cuddle pal is a bigot or criminal junkie , so I leave that out since it kinda goes without saying

• That’s awful @BellaSera but the question I asked pertains more to would you or would not cuddle someone solely based on what they do for a living ? Not saying you don’t have good reason never to see that person again I’m just trying to stay on topic .....

• edited March 2021

@hugonehugall ah I interjected without staying true to your question. I dont really think I would avoid someone based solely on vocation . I am not crazy about religion so I can see that being a barrier if they were employed with a church or religious institution , or had ties to a political candidate or party that I despised but ya never know

• @hugonehugall, forgive me for straying from the topic. I was responding to your query about a casual moment where something unexpectedly alarming came up.

As to professions, I would not prejudge or exclude a potential client based on occupation. That said, when someone self-identifies as law enforcement, it does give me pause.

I probably wouldn’t cuddle a cop in my home, to be honest. It’s like when you’re watching a horror movie and you see the protagonist willingly open the door to the monster/murderer/bad guy and welcome him inside... like, why invite trouble?

But, at a hotel? Sure...

• edited March 2021

Law enforcement, because high domestic violence stats. As @squeakytoy , exception for female.
    Meat packers, because lack of empathy, and they're a little dead, inside. No exceptions. Again, stats

That's the first reason that came to my mind, @MaullySterling . Combine that with a LOT more power to stalk and terrorize you than the average immature/entitled guy has when you reject their advances, and a big blue shield that can hold them above the law, and that shit gets scary.

Also, I hadn't thought of meat packers in that way! That's interesting. I haven't known many people who could stick with that job for very long, come to think of it.

• Has anyone here, pro or enthu, ever cuddled with someone who was part of an MLM and had that person try to recruit them? I had a client a couple years ago try to sell me hand creams and essential oils and get me to join their “team”. It was a little awkward, but I wouldn’t refuse someone who was an MLMer in the future. I’d just set a boundary that I’m not going to buy their products.

Oh no @Catloaf :joy: That is really beyond the pale, who tries to sell stuff during a cuddle session??

• @squeakytoy The ones that work in the killing room are sociopathic. Anywhere else in the building, depression seems higher than average.

• edited March 2021

The ones that work in the killing room are sociopathic. Anywhere else in the building, depression seems higher than average.

That's rather steep. While I will agree on the depression point, some are just doing what they can and trying to make a living. Where I grew up, this was the kind of work that afforded immigrants an opportunity to get in on the ground, and make a living higher than they'd earn in, say, the service industry, so they could move onto better things. My stepfather, an immigrant from Pakistan, started on the kill floor in the town I grew up in 26 years ago. Today he's the maintenance superintendent at the same plant, and while it can be stressful it comes with a nice paycheck, and he's happy.

I'm a flexitarian - I no longer consume meat on the daily, or even the bi-weekly. But I'm not at the point where I'm labeling people for choosing to work in the meat industry, or eat meat. We can talk about the welfare of the animals, and I'll agree with you there that there needs to be changes made in meat production. But to assume that anyone who takes this kind of work is sociopathic is a sweeping statement.

• I find this thread disturbing.

The idea that you would judge somebody solely on their job is horrifying.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)
    edited March 2021

Hey look, I can post again!

And I, personally, would never cuddle anyone in customer service. That job turns people homicidal. It is known.

...Wait....

Both I and my cuddle buddy @DarkLordChungus work customer service.

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)

I don't believe it to be 'horrifying' @CuddleDuncan. When you consider the institutionalised violence entrenched in the police force in a lot of countries, I'm not surprised that a lot of people, (especially women) don't want to invite people in that profession into their homes.

You and I are lucky in that we live in a country with a relatively uncorrupt police force (not that it is perfect, there are always bad apples) but after all of the problems in the US police force in the last few years especially, its unsurprising that there is a public distrust of the cops.

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)

Welcome back @DarrenWalker !

• I can not think of any job that would make me say no to a cuddle. I would be open to any faith as long as they did not try to convert me. I always make sure to stay away from religion & politics.

• @CuddleDuncan people have decided to cuddle or not cuddle someone based on less around here so why their job be any different?
    Law enforcement seems to be a big one and understandably for some , wouldn’t necessarily be a dealbreaker for me but I would proceed with extreme caution.
    Never thought about the meat packing people but as @Catloaf said the majority of them are just trying to make a living and some parts of the world particularly this country it may be the only thing within miles that affords them the ability to do so.