Cuddling still on HOLD in Alberta

According to the Provincial restrictions
" You cannot enter a home for any gatherings unless you are a resident "
There are a few exemptions (ie) Home maintenance , caregiver . Sorry a cuddle buddy is not a caregiver ( see last line )
according to the provincial regulations .
This have been the case since December
Well. my next session will be with my Massage therapist ( again ) Not complaining.
she is allowed to run a business out of her home because it is a licensed business .

Comments

• @hawker69 Do they actually list that a cuddle buddy is not a caregiver? Where's the link? I find that cute. I miss being home, but at the same time I'm happy that I'm here in Ontario. People seem more open to the idea of not only booking a session, but having a cuddle buddy as well. I think as an enthusiast on another site, I will have more luck locating what it is I need.

• edited March 2021

@Catloaf Again " According to the Alberta Regulations "
    It can only be a Licensed Business or Organization that can enter your home if you are a non resident.
    The same goes for Pros. They must be Licensed . I doubt if any are at least in Alberta

• edited March 2021

@hawker69 Have you tried or heard of Gillian? As far as I know, she is a registered business, and it looks like her group sessions are active, here. So I would assume that she might be taking private bookings as well.

• edited March 2021

@Catloaf Yes I have herd of Gillian. If she is registered then she can take in private bookings.
    One on One, but NOT groups.
    I saw her ad. I don't know how she has active groups . There is a DEFINITE 2 m distancing restriction for all activities and masks be worn .

• edited March 2021

what’s up? Is there a problem with people not respecting restrictions?

• edited March 2021

I saw her ad. I don't know how she has active groups . There is a DEFINITE 2 m distancing restriction for all activities and masks be worn .

@hawker69 I doubt she's doing her regular 10-person attendance, it may have been whittled down to 4ish people from the looks of it. The other thing is that cuddling isn't the only activity that takes place at these meetups, so it's not as though the 4 people who register need to be touching each other if they don't feel safe doing so.

@ShaneMTB Yes, there's a huge problem in Alberta with people not respecting the guidelines/mandatory rules set in place. The culture over there is incredibly conservative, so the whole "freedom fighter" thing is very prevalent. Unfortunately, this is the mindset that often has the province harboring the most active cases, and the quickest spread of the virus along with rising numbers, in Canada.

As well, Gillian provides more of a "support group" type atmosphere, so I would assume that she falls under this category, as per the outlined restrictions. Being a business operator I think she would probably have contacts in the health department that would have given her advice on how to operate despite the restrictions.

• I so want this covid crap to be done with /sigh.

• I did a little digging. I called Calgary 311 ( General inquiries )
    @Catloaf In any gatherings indoor and out door ( support group )** Masks MUST be worn and a 2m distancing. **
    That should be fun Cuddling and keep 2m apart.
    @ShaneMTB you are right " there's a huge problem in Alberta with people not respecting the guidelines "
    the reason they do this the enforcement and the fines area JOKE.
    For now I am sticking with my RMT. I know her, she is a clean freak and follows all guidelines .
    @JasonCuddles I am with you. It will take some time. I don't think it will dissapear 100 %

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)

This could be considered too dirty to mention in the CC forums, so I'll spoiler it:

In BC, the government literally recommended glory holes as a Covid safety measure, LOL. Thinking about it in that light, I could picture a cuddle party with huge transparent sheets of plastic hanging from the ceiling to separate and protect the cuddlers but still let them hug each other safely :joy: