Vaccine Pass under trial in New York State

edited March 2021 in General

Click on blue "Here" within article to view screenshots of card & app.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-announces-pilot-program-testing-excelsior-pass-madison-square-garden-and

Enthusiasts & Pros: Would such a pass help you feel better about a potential cuddlebuddy or client?

Comments

• Yes, it would. In fact, I had this idea about digital vaccination records myself about two months ago, so I’m glad to see it’s gaining traction.

Thanks for posting this article. I forwarded it to the Massachusetts government office in charge of reopening and the organization that is distributing the vaccine in Massachusetts, my state. Hopefully the idea will fan out globally.

IBM currently has two digital health pass apps, one for wallet and one for verification. I downloaded both but have nothing to enter...yet.

• This sounds good and healthy.

• If I trust someone enough to cuddle with them, I am also trusting that they're honest and forthcoming about vaccination status and precautions they're taking. So in that respect, I don't see passes helping much.

I do think passes could help with gatherings that don't already require that level of personal trust, though.

• I feel people who are vaccinated and/or survived Covid-19 should be the vanguard to go full steam and reopen the world. Let's start by cuddling.

• edited March 2021

Reported, reviewed, and removed for posting misinformation regarding Covid vaccinations, @Olson . [-Sid]