Would you go to a cuddle party?

2»

Comments

• i've been to a bunch of cuddle parties, best 25.00 ever spent, 4hours -1st hour instruction, facilitated by (2) trained facilitators. started with rules, role playing, discussing expectations, boundaries, consent, practicing to ask for what you want, practicing to say yes, to say no, to negotiate then cuddle who wants, and just to be part of the energy of the room, each cuddle party had different energy, 1st one was all about touch, everyone wanted to cuddle, massage, touch it was amazing, 2nd cuddle party was all about quiet relaxation, everyone spooned and shut-down like spoons in a drawer lol, like it was naptime :smile: , it was a different energy in the room, cuddling and connecting with strangers with touch is soo different than a regular day in our lives, it has made the world seem a little smaller, blessed to have attended. Covid has closed up all the cuddle parties locally, when they start back up, im sure they will be loaded with cuddlers and cuddle'ees connecting through cuddling.

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)

Man! Reading all these replies, I wish I could change my answer to this poll. Cuddle parties sound freakin' amazing. I really want to go to one now.

GO AWAY COVID! Please

• edited April 2021

This sounds very intresting. I posted in the professional cuddling about me investing in real estate and letting pro cuddlers who can't host use my investment property as a hub. I could set up a location if I can find facilitators. Right now I haven't bought investment property yet but if I get enough people interested I could book a massive Airbnb home. Would need at least 10 people interested in Florida. Tampa Orlando Saint Pete clearwater Ocala Jacksonville hudson.....I would have to choose a central location most likely if 2 facilitators in the same location I would choose that as a hub.

@SuperManCuddles
    @Aurora87
    @Sheena123
    @LightPrincess

• @Newlife2022 thats what I need in the Atlanta area. Finding a hosting place is my issue. How kind of you to make that possible in your area.

• edited April 2021

@Tranquilescape. Thank you i hope this makes it a reality in the future since most real estate investors have up to 20 properties it wouldn't be an issue to have at least one property in 10 different cities as central hub locations. 2 for big homes for cuddle parties with facilitators and the other homes will be allow pro cuddlers to use them for free they simply charge the client that goes to see them $40 to replace the client paying for a hotel that is a lot cheaper so even if I only had 4 clients 40 x 4 that alone will cover the rental property monthly mortgage itself. Client would get discounts the more they use it this would encourage more traffic.

I do have 2 friends in Atlanta so im not opposed to setting up a vacation home up there that I could turn into a business property for cuddlers when im down here in Florida. But I could suspend service when I go up there for a week once a year

• edited April 2021

@UKGuy somebody will cuddle you. Remember, everybody is there to be cuddled. A person being left uncuddled simply isn't going to happen at a well organised cuddle party/workshop. (I mean providing you are clean and respectful and all that stuff.) The leaders will look after you.

@Tranquilescape I've only actually been to one, but you don't need fancy facilities. That was in a rehearsal room in a theatre, which they let out for a song to anyone who wants it. The building was open so there were toilets and a coffee machine. The room had chairs stacked in the corner, which we ignored. We all brought blankets, cushions and other soft furnishings (as instructed) so we had things to sit on. And that's all you need. Sure, a beautiful environment is better, but it's not essential.

This place was not attractive in any way whatsover, but it was convenient and cheap and that meant that anybody could come. In fact it was so cheap that payment was voluntary, although of course almost everybody chipped in. The profit went to a suitable charity - the organisers were doing it for love, not for a living. There are other groups where the leaders are professional and obviously are paid.

@Newlife2022 I wish you every success!

@PastelPink if they don't exist in your area .... start one! :)

@HugAnEwok yes cuddle parties are still a thing, this has not replaced them. It's just that they obviously can't happen until the pandemic is over.

@admirer97_ it depends on the organiser. Some are fairly strict about a 50:50 ratio, some are a little more relaxed. However, everybody is conscious of the challenge.

The aspirational ethos of all cuddling is that everybody cuddles everybody, but we are all aware that not everybody can do that right now. At cuddle parties/workshops you never have to touch anybody you don't want to (obviously) and there is often a progressive succession of touch exercises to help you get used to unfamiliar types of touch.

• I attended several official cuddle parties prior to COVID-19. It’s a great way to connect to people who like to cuddle. Eventually, we will return to cuddle parties when we create healthy safe ways to do so.

• edited April 2021

I can't wait! Well, obviously I can, because I've been waiting for months now, but pretty soon, enough people will be vaccinated that it will be safe.

I've attended a couple of virtual cuddle parties via videoconference that were mostly about the ground rules of cuddling and consent, as well as exercises in practicing consent and declination (making requests and saying yes and no to requests for specific kinds of cuddling), and exercises in getting in touch with your own likes and dislikes by practicing various kinds of touch on yourself.

• I would have no issues... was thinking it would be fun to do a tandem cuddle... or a cuddle sandwich as I was thinking of it! 1 cuddler on either side of the customer! But no matter what I would do, I would for sure follow a few rules... no sexual acts... I would not drink or eat anything for that period of time... I am always willing to leave if I feel pressured into something... so as long as I can uphold my boundaries!

• My dream for the post-pandemic world:

a cuddle party that starts as a big pot luck, where everyone brings a dish to share. Let there be casseroles and roasted veggies and fantastic foods, including vegan/vegetarian friendly options, and (gluten-free if that's your thing). Next up, Pokemón onesies - and I want Eevee or Snorlax. Massive bean bag pillows and futons. Weighted blankets. Possibly some mood lights or candles. And a disco ball, just because.

Then the most important part of the cuddle party: consent, consent, consent, and no one needs to explain themselves. Only yes means yes, silence does not mean yes or maybe, and no always means no, so thank them, and move on.

That said, it's thin-crust pizza night and I'm officially hungry.

• @Newlife2022 Great idea! Makes hosting easier!👍🏿

• Absolutely would go. I feel like it would be safer than a one on one encounter and easier to put distance between you and someone who you didn't feel comfortable with

• [Deleted User]DarkLordChungus (deleted user)

No thanks. I need to respect and trust someone before they touch me, and even then I might not enjoy it much. While I'm sure that cuddle parties are often full of delightful people, and that they're safe more frequently than not, such a setting would stress me out. I might even start growling and barking at people while foaming at the mouth—general human contact tends to have this effect on me.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

I'm human.

Just thought I'd throw that out there, in case anyone was putting two and two together.

• [Deleted User]DarkLordChungus (deleted user)

@DarrenWalker

...yes. Yes you are.

• I've been to a few cuddle parties, and would gladly attend more. The fact that it creates a welcoming and safe container of time, actions, and permission-getting is helpful for many who are too shy to ask for affection (cuddling). At the same time, it gives permission to say no.
    The thing I enjoy most, is that the room is FILLED with others who want to cuddle!

• NOW YALL GOT ME HYPE LOL!! Looking to start cuddle party in FLORIDA need help understanding how the logistics side of things work of actually setting it up since I fully understand the cuddling part.

Seriously thinking about setting one up in Florida i can't facilitate but I can host spend 200plus to get a phenomenal Airbnb for a few days.. but can either of you all who have experience parties answer the following questions for me so I know what im getting into. My apologies if it was incorrect to tag people who went to parties im juat really curious as to how it works if any questions is too personal feel free to messege me directly

1.How many people typically are in a cuddle party is there a max limit?

1. How does pricing work. Do pros pay do clients pay towards the room and do clients still pay cuddlers within the party or does everyone just pitch in for the room to whoever is hosting which would be me in the future scenario I would rent a massive Airbnb. I probably wouldn't charge much or hardly any at all juat donations but curious to what people did in your experience with cuddles as far as payments

3 do people sign up through a private reservation list and everyone agree to a certain date or is it open to public for random people to attend who saw it on a forum or advertising somewhere

1. What happens if there is 99percent guys and 1 girl and the guys was expecting more girls or vise verse 99percent girls and 1 guy end up showing up. Many people don't mind cuddling same gender men or woman but some people people want simply enough of the other side in case not everyone wants to cuddle same gender is there a way to balance or set up arrangements ahead of time to who is attending 50/50 men and women is impractical but just enough to go around for both genders or people who prefer opposite sex

5 how is a location chosen and how is it advertised? I personally would be booking an Airbnb for two days in case people can't make it the first day and if this end up being successful it could be something I could host in Florida once every other month. I really need help understanding the logistics

@happybear
    @SuperManCuddles
    @CuddleDuncan
    @MrPaul
    @ArtofTouch
    @HugAnEwok
    @Aurora87
    @JoyfulHeart
    @Fredrick_Hugs
    @oberon
    @Babichev
    @MarkBPhx
    @saltwaterlover

• Great questions, @Newlife2022 ! I’m looking forward to the responses. One resource you might get some answers from is the Cuddle Party website: http://www.cuddleparty.com/

@Sideon All of that sounds good but the buffet: I don’t think I’d want to cuddle on a full stomach or smell lots of food odors in the room.

• edited April 2021

@Newlife2022

I fully understand the cuddling part.

No, no you don't. Not even close. Sorry!

These are all good questions and I'm glad you've asked them. But you are missing the most important one. Who are your facilitators going to be?

It is essential that you have at least three facilitators to run the event. Depending on numbers, you may only need two .... but if one can't make it on the day you don't want to have to cancel. An event with only one facilitor is not safe and must be cancelled. (You need at least one to deal with any incident, and then still have at least one to care for the rest of the group.)

Facilitators in the UK normally have a background in social or pyschological care. They normally also have considerable experience as cuddlers. A random cuddle professional from Cuddle Comfort is not suitable as a facilitator: some CC professionals would of course be amazing in this role, but being a CC professional is not in itself sufficient.

Some of the attendees will be very anxious about touch, in ways that you will have never heard of before. How are you going to deal with somebody who hasn't been touched by another human being for eight years .... and that occasion is when they were raped? Base your answer on the assumption that there is a sexual predator in the room who is expecting to indecently assault somebody during the session.

Personally, I think anybody's chance of bringing this off successfully is zero unless they have done one of the cuddle professional training courses and qualified. I don't mean you should practice as a professional, and merely doing the training certainly doesn't qualify you to be a facilitator on the course, but you need to understand more about what is going on than you currently do.

Cuddling is not about logistics. It's not even about touch. (That is why I so vehemently despise those who sexualise cuddling.) It's about repairing the emotions of emotionally damaged human beings. If you don't care about that, you are going to fuck people up.

I was going to go to one of these events but lockdown intervened. I know the facilitator and hold her in very high regard
    https://www.cuddleworkshop.co.uk/
    https://www.meetup.com/Cuddle-Workshop/

This is the one I actually went to
    https://www.meetup.com/joyfuluk/events/267644879/

I don't know anything about this one, I just found it on the internet
    https://stellawithlove.com/cuddle-party/

To answer your questions specifically.

1) Up to you. Start small. Numbers are based on the capacity of the facilitators to manage the group.

2) I have encountered two scenarios:

a) The lead facilitator is a paid professional and attendees pay a fee as you would for any event. Other facilitators I don't know, I suspect not paid or nominal amount.

b) The facilitators hire a cheap venue at their own risk. Attendees are invited to contribute a suggested amount or whatever they can afford. Any deficit is made up by the facilitators and any caring attendees who can help. Any profit is given to a suitable charity.

3) Advance sign-up is essential. Attendees must agree to a Code of Conduct. Clear joining instructions must be given. For a type a) event I would suggest payment in advance or a deposit.

4) I'm not going to answer this one. You need to do more reading and thinking, and then you will be able to answer it for yourself. Also, see 3) above.

5) Why are you so keen on airbnb? You are paying for a lot of facilities you don't need. In the UK there are lots of places that rent out big rooms, and I'm sure Florida is the same. Pubs, churches, schools, councils, sports centres .....

To put it all another way, you are starting by thinking about the venue. But actually the venue is a detail to be sorted out once everything else is in place.

You are not going to become a millionaire from organising cuddle workshops. In fact, for the first one, if you come out flat it will be not far short of a miracle. However, it will give you a range of very valuable skills and experience.

I really do wish you every success, but I think you have a lot of learning to do.

• Yes but covid and vaccinations and conspiracy and deep state and and and....wait wrong thread

• edited April 2021

@CuddleDuncan
    Amazing wealth of information just what I needed. Thank you so much for answering all my questions.Yea I would love to host for free Airbnb actually its my way of giving to the community. As i worked with police and organizations on human trafficking and understand the value of touch and sexual abuse..myself included so trust me when I say I understand. The wrong kind of touch can damage someone more than when they first started. I would know because personal experience. Im happy to know you already understand this and how important the pyachology behind all this. I did a long term campaign to bring awareness to trafficking in the tampa bay area In florida even had it put on my car and drive 400miles a day to get the word out.

also There is even something called a surrogate partner therapist that actually can help people with healing very rare career but they exist to help people who dealt with severe trauma everything consent and permission

Just to be clear i would make my millions through other investments eccommerce books car rentals and many more not cuddling. Iif i do make money its a bonus but not necessary for me. When I said logistics I simply meant I didn't know the process of setting up venue or payment if any but ill take care of that and finding facilitators.

I would want 2 to 4 facilitators depending on how big the group is but I prefer 10 or less anyway. So only 2 or 3 would be needed.

Florida is where I would probably start one later in the year.

Cuddling saved my life and I be happy to help in anyway to achieve this goal for many others or people that didn't know about it just like someone introduced it to me

• @Newlife2022 Really good questions! It's been so many years since my last cuddle party, so I'll answer to the best of my memory...

1. I don't recall exactly how many showed up or if there was a limit, but I believe the attendance was somewhere in the teens. I didn't organize it, but I'd assume the organizer most likely had a limited number of spaces/tickets.
    2. Yes, there was an associated price. Again, it was so long ago that I can't remember the cost, but I want to say around $20? This was in like 2012 or 2013. Anyway, the one I attended was in a private home, not an Airbnb (I don't know if AirBnB even existed back then?). My understanding is that the money went to the facilitator (who was not the owner of the home BTW, she was actually traveling around the country hosting cuddle parties, and a local volunteered to offer her home). This also was not a whole weekend, but that would be awesome if it was! It was just a few hours, I want to say three-ish.
    3. Yes, the party had a private sign-up. I found it on Meetup.com, that's how I actually discovered cuddle parties were a thing. There's also another site, CuddleParty.com. I believe it was advertised there as well. Now that I think about it, I know hosting an event on Meetup also has an associated cost, so some of that money went to Meetup as well.
    4. If I remember correctly, you had to state if you were male or female when you bought your ticket, to balance things out. I do remember at my second cuddle party, there were significantly more men, which was a little awkward, but not the end of the world, as I specifically remember cuddling a lady along with one other gentleman (with her in the middle). It worked for me, although I'd obviously have preferred to have her to myself. :P
  • OMGOSH!!!! Yes to cuddle parties!!! A big huge resounding YES! Like @happybear said (who I can't wait to cuddle btw!) there is such an amazing self awareness part if the facilitator is good at what they do. I was ill prepared for that part but it was the BEST part when I first went.

@Mmart posted the NYT article and @NYCLatnGuy tried to talk about it in a thread that got a little messy but the author's perspective gave a very poignant picture depicting what its like to receive touch that is unwanted.

I loved this.... There were few people who seemed capable of the deep attention required to actually know what they wanted, especially when faced with the wants of someone else. The past year has revealed the plasticity of our social conventions. Now we recoil from outstretched hands and cringe while watching movies in which maskless characters embrace with abandon. If we want to change the ways we touch more permanently, we can. If we want to normalize the sovereignty of all bodies in our society, we can. I am divesting from the system of manners that conditions me to censor my own body in ways that prioritize the desires of others over my own.

I am an Extrovert (shocking I KNOW!!) and I never realized how uncomfortable I made people when I started towards them with my arms open and THEN saying "Can I give you a hug?" Until I went to the cuddle party and the sweet facilitator said "its best if you start with your arms down so that you aren't presenting expectations"

@Sideon YES!!!! yes to Potluck, Yes to options YES TO CONSENT and Yes to the disco ball. A MILLION yessssssssses. (I will anxiously await the post pandemic invitation)

@Newlife2022 It IS something to get excited about, but as some have said before, the ART of a cuddle party lies with the facilitator and their ability to understand a VAST amount of personalities etc.

The parties I have gone to haven't REQUIRED people to say "Thank you for taking care of Yourself" @quietman775 (so many giggles inserted here specifically for your benefit) but I REALLY APPRECIATE the sentiment. Even though I am externally motivated, I lived with an internal dialogue that said it was unreasonable to put my wants/desires above someone else's and so I would feel bad about saying No to a request or being honest about my true feelings.

Going to a cuddle party helped me learn how to listen to my instinct and be true to my needs and wants but at the same time made room for other people to say no without getting my feelings hurt. I feel like I'm going on and on and on but I have such a positive feeling about this that I wanted to share. 😊

CUDDLE PARTIES?!? I say YES!!!

• edited April 2021

I would hesitate. Most likely too many people I’m not interested in will ask me and it would crush me if I said “no” too many times. It would be awkward. I might do it if I know a lot of my “favorites” would be there.